• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Probably the kinds that you don't have. We couldn't possibly know only you can. Personally I put them alphabetically in a box for ease of checking this, but you can find out what kinds are registered in the "forms" section of it's Pokedex entry.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I recently trying to complete my unknown dex. So far I caught 9 different kinds. What other kinds am I missing so far? Does anyone know? Let me know. thanks.
    They're in the forms of the alphabet. A through Z, with the ! and ? forms. If you want to know what each form looks like, this page has them all listed. So just check that list, see which ones you're missing, and then continue to explore the Ruins to find them.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    WEP is a different encryption type from WPA2, and pre-DSi DSes don't support it. You should look up how to change the encryption for your router on Google.

Can't help but sense this might be a question for Wifi Center or C&T, but it's not likely to be a problem.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    i have a question for my pokewalker... well does pokewalker level up your pokemon just like the daycare?..like does it replace the move of your pokemon when it reach a certain level? thanks in advance x]

Years
    I wonder is there a pokemon contest in soul silver. Because I haven't been able to find one. I know there is one on the old silver. If so what pokemon are good for it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    i have a question for my pokewalker... well does pokewalker level up your pokemon just like the daycare?..like does it replace the move of your pokemon when it reach a certain level? thanks in advance x]
    The Pokewalker works exactly like the Daycare, minus the breeding. Your Pokemon gains one point of experience for every step you take. The only difference is that the Pokewalker doesn't allow moves to be taught to Pokemon. The move is simply skipped when the Pokemon levels up, and the only way to get the move back is with Heart Scales.

I wonder is there a pokemon contest in soul silver. Because I haven't been able to find one. I know there is one on the old silver. If so what pokemon are good for it.
    Contests were replaced with the Pokéathelon outside Goldenrod City. Pokéathalons are games of skills for Pokemon, with five categories: Speed, Power, Stamina, Skill, and Jump. All Pokemon have different strengths in each category, so it really depends on what game you're going for.

Contests were introduced in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, so I don't know what Contest in Silver you're thinking of.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years

Are you thinking of the Bug Catching Contest? Because there aren't any RSE or DPPt Styled contests in these games. The Bug Catching Contest's on at the National Park (North of Goldenrod) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. You talk to the attendant standing by the door to the entrance of the park to enter.

Cyndadile

Brr... I NEED HOT COCOA!
    Years
    Ehhmm..
    Can someone help me?
    I'm at the 3rd gym at Goldenrod City and when i try beating it , i end up getting killed by that darn Level 19 Miltank!

If you want to know my team :
    Kalyway (QUILAVA) Lvl 23
    (Cut) (Flame Wheel) (Rock Smash) (Ember)
    Muscle (MACHOP) Lvl 17
    (Low Kick) (Leer) (Focus Energy) (Karate Chop)
    Air Bus (Pidgey) Lvl 17
    (Whirlwind) (Sand-Attack) (Gust) (Quick Attack)

Can someone please help me?
    Love to hear something back. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Way to get Mew?

Hi, ppl I'm new to the forums. I have a quick question: Is there a way to get Mew? i heard u have to bring the beasts and mewtwo to the embedded tower and bring the beasts and mewtwo to mt moon when the clefairy are dancing? is there a way to get it or not?

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    Hi, ppl I'm new to the forums. I have a quick question: Is there a way to get Mew? i heard u have to bring the beasts and mewtwo to the embedded tower and bring the beasts and mewtwo to mt moon when the clefairy are dancing? is there a way to get it or not?

Nup, the only way to get it is through an event

but you can trade for it or hack it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Ehhmm..
    Can someone help me?
    I'm at the 3rd gym at Goldenrod City and when i try beating it , i end up getting killed by that darn Level 19 Miltank!

If you want to know my team :
    Kalyway (QUILAVA) Lvl 23
    (Cut) (Flame Wheel) (Rock Smash) (Ember)
    Muscle (MACHOP) Lvl 17
    (Low Kick) (Leer) (Focus Energy) (Karate Chop)
    Air Bus (Pidgey) Lvl 17
    (Whirlwind) (Sand-Attack) (Gust) (Quick Attack)

Can someone please help me?
    Love to hear something back. :)
    Machop. Machop is the main answer to your problems. What you'll have to watch out for is Attract, but you should be good. Especially if you raise Machop's level high enough.

What you can also do is start off the battle against Miltank with Air Bus and use Sand-Attack until Miltank's accuracy can't go any lower. That'll make Rollout hit less. Then, if your Machop is strong enough, it can beat Miltank's Speed and knock it out quickly. Machop was the Pokemon I used in the battle, and it worked beautifully.

Right now, the only way to get Mew is with a Wi-Fi event for HG/SS that hasn't been released outside Japan yet. Other than that, it's either with a previous event for FR/LG, by trading with someone who has it, or by cheating by hacking Mew into your game.

But there's no way to get it involving the Legendary Beasts and Mewtwo brought to Mt. Moon.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
    EDIT2: Actually, I was curious on where I can check the records that me and my friend mixed. I recall checking them once, like pokemon defeated and eggs hatced, but I can't for the life of me remember where I checked those. Any and all help greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Is there the infamous Pokeball duplication glitch in HG?
    No, there is not.

EDIT2: Actually, I was curious on where I can check the records that me and my friend mixed. I recall checking them once, like pokemon defeated and eggs hatced, but I can't for the life of me remember where I checked those. Any and all help greatly appreciated
    Could be in the GTS building in Goldenrod, is my guess?

Years
    I thought I remember there is a contest where you can show off your pokemon moves such for example like morning sun. Then at the end they total the amount of points you have.

Also I'm planning on training a dragonair into a dragonite. Do you know what moves I should teach it? Here is my set of moves fly, Dragon rush, Dragon dance and outrage. I need help.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    EDIT2: Actually, I was curious on where I can check the records that me and my friend mixed. I recall checking them once, like pokemon defeated and eggs hatced, but I can't for the life of me remember where I checked those. Any and all help greatly appreciated
    I think you can do that in the E4 Building.

Years
    So when i got pokerus on my starter, i put it in the box to keep pokerus. I havent taken it out since then but when i looked at it again, it said it was cured even though i havent touched it since it got it. A similar thing is happening in my Emerald version. When i take the infected Pokemon out to spread, the first battle i get into, it immediately becomes cured and no Pokemon get infected. Whats going on?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    EDIT2: Actually, I was curious on where I can check the records that me and my friend mixed. I recall checking them once, like pokemon defeated and eggs hatced, but I can't for the life of me remember where I checked those. Any and all help greatly appreciated :)

Well, you can check it in the E4 building right next to the colloseum.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    So when i got pokerus on my starter, i put it in the box to keep pokerus. I havent taken it out since then but when i looked at it again, it said it was cured even though i havent touched it since it got it. A similar thing is happening in my Emerald version. When i take the infected Pokemon out to spread, the first battle i get into, it immediately becomes cured and no Pokemon get infected. Whats going on?

I think Pokerus stays as long as it's in the box, but if 12:00 passes while it's in the box, Pokerus will go away if you take it out. If you need Pokerus for EV training, your Starter and anything else that had Pokerus keep the effect.

Back