• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Bugsy, Erika, Sabrina, Jasmine. Although watch out for the latter two, they may/will run water and rock-types.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    If you are using Houndoom, then you do not need to train it because Mewtwo's only attacking move is Psychic type, meaning it can't touch you.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    If you are using Houndoom, then you do not need to train it because Mewtwo's only attacking move is Psychic type, meaning it can't touch you.

A level 50 won't even bruise a level 70. The fact that he's using Houndoom suggests he is already aware of the Dark immunity.

FYI, I'd take it to the league and shove an Exp Share on it, AND keep it at the top of the party using the switch-out trick. In fact, Houndoom alone should do pretty well against just the first E4 Member.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Honestly, that might be better if it can't hurt it too much. I've seen on here somewhere that somebody caught a Mewtwo with a level 46 Sneasel. Trust me, it's possible.

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    I have level 51 houndoom and I'm planning on using it against the mewtwo. But I'm having a difficult time training him. Which gym leader should I battle? Houndoom is half dark and half fire. Please help me. Thanks

Jasmine? Sabrina? Erika?

FIllllllllller

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    What is the best all around Pokemon to you guys?

I am using Feraligatr and Compared to my old Typlosion at the same lvl on my Gold Version, my old Typ. totally dominates compared to my Fer.

What moves should a lvl 70 Fer. know to fight against mostly all types of pokemon?

I am thinking of resetting and picking the Typ. to see how it compares.. I have already beat the game in the second day of playing, but I still think it should have been a tad quicker on some Gyms.

What can I breed the Typ. with to get some good moves also? and when I breed it what lvl will the Pokemon be? lvl 1?

Also, I am still a mega noob to how to trade and what not, how do I get Charmander, Bulbasaur and all them oldies on my HG version???

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Honestly, that might be better if it can't hurt it too much. I've seen on here somewhere that somebody caught a Mewtwo with a level 46 Sneasel. Trust me, it's possible.

A Sneasel could know Beat-Up and use the attack stat of the other Pokemon in the party. With it's own moves it would probably run out of PP way too quickly.

But I dunno, maybe you're right. In fact, maybe later I'll take out a level 50 Sneasel, go for Mewtwo and see what happens.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It will be lv.1

Typhlosion is a special attacker, so...

breed it to know Extrasensory (from Vulpix/Ninetales or Nuzleaf/Shiftry).

Then teach it hidden power. Soft reset for either Grass or Rock.

Get a tm for Focus Blast.

Then you just need to teach if Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Eruption/Overheat and you've got the moveset for a competitive pokemon.

Of course, you need IVs.....and competitive ones don't usually run Extrasensory, it's just a neat Hg/Ss exclusive :D

So, in summary, you will need:

- TM52 Focus Blast
    - Female Cyndaquil or evolution
    - Male Vulpix/Nuzleaf or evolution knowing Extrasensory
    - TM10 Hidden Power

Get a Modest nature, definitely. And that would be my ideal Typhlosion.

On Feraligatr, you should have Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower/Crunch

Earthquake and Dragon Claw are options, but the above set is pretty good. Hits, for super-effective:

Ghost, Psychic, Fire, Ground, Rock, Normal, Steel, Ice, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Grass.

12 out of 17 types. Obviously, not many pokemon are pure-typed.....but it still gives monstrous coverage.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    A Sneasel could know Beat-Up and use the attack stat of the other Pokemon in the party. With it's own moves it would probably run out of PP way too quickly.

But I dunno, maybe you're right. In fact, maybe later I'll take out a level 50 Sneasel, go for Mewtwo and see what happens.

Where can I find MewTwo? lol

I am such a damn PkMn noob, its funny.

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    What is the best all around Pokemon to you guys?

I am using Feraligatr and Compared to my old Typlosion at the same lvl on my Gold Version, my old Typ. totally dominates compared to my Fer.

What moves should a lvl 70 Fer. know to fight against mostly all types of pokemon?

I am thinking of resetting and picking the Typ. to see how it compares.. I have already beat the game in the second day of playing, but I still think it should have been a tad quicker on some Gyms.

What can I breed the Typ. with to get some good moves also? and when I breed it what lvl will the Pokemon be? lvl 1?

Also, I am still a mega noob to how to trade and what not, how do I get Charmander, Bulbasaur and all them oldies on my HG version???

You have two choices, you can trade (either over the GTS or with a friend) or you can use the Pal Park and transfer your Pokes from FR/LG/R/S/E.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    Hmm, I see, Okay well I bought a hacked Emerald version from EB Games 2 weeks ago and it has 200 Master Balls in the Ball Pocket, is there a way to transfer all those in batches of x99 or do I have to make a pokemon hold them individually?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cerulean Cave, same place it was in Gen 1 and 3. You have to have beaten Red though.

Incorrect. I captured mine beforehand, even using it to defeat him. You just need all 16 badges.

Hmm, I see, Okay well I bought a hacked Emerald version from EB Games 2 weeks ago and it has 200 Master Balls in the Ball Pocket, is there a way to transfer all those in batches of x99 or do I have to make a pokemon hold them individually?

Individually. Good luck on that one, mate. Go hunt down all the legends and 100 Feebas....you could get lots of trades for the ever-rare Feebas....

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Why buy it? :P

But yes, individual items can be transferred attached to pokemon. Sadly, there's no specific item transfer method, as they made Pal Park as a mini-game, not like Time Capsule. However there weren't Gen I items anyway..

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    i currently have

typhlosion lv 40
    gyarados lv 40
    ampharos lv 40
    ho-oh lv 46
    haunter lv 40
    umbreon lv 40

am i good to fight the e4, or should i train more?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    i currently have

typhlosion lv 40
    gyarados lv 40
    ampharos lv 40
    ho-oh lv 46
    haunter lv 40
    umbreon lv 40

I personally think the only problems are the level,
    level them around 45-55 (the higher the better, obviously)
    I suggest you to evolve your Haunter as well!!

Years
    I'm sure it's the same for every game but since I'm getting SS I thought it'd be best to ask here. My question is how many letters do you get to name your rival?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    i currently have

typhlosion lv 40
    gyarados lv 40
    ampharos lv 40
    ho-oh lv 46
    haunter lv 40
    umbreon lv 40

I had my Typlosion at lvl 56ish and was able to defeat the entire E4 with him and 2-3 fillers to regain full health.

Back