• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I heard that you can clone in HeartGold via the GTS like in DPPt, but I can't figure out how D: The little box in the lower-right corner goes around 9.5 times before the pokemon gets sent through. Can anyone lemme know how I can clone in HG? I don't know when to turn it off at the GTS or anything. Thanks :3
    I don't think you can actually clone in HGSS - Game Freak fixed the glitch that allowed one to clone in D/P for Platinum and HGSS apparently, so you can't do it in those games.

(Also cloning is easier if you can look at the router - a light on some will start flashing around when you should turn off to do it properly).

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    which tree to cut on way to pewter city after get out from diglet cave, because all of them are big tree. I play gold beta 5

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    No. You can earn up to two; an event Arceus (any kind) unlocks one, a TRU Arceus unlocks another. I've heard rumors of there being a third way, but I doubt they're true.
    I tried it and it didn't work, I used an event arceus obtained through *questionable* methods, and a tru one I got in a trade in the quick trade thread, the event only works once.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    which tree to cut on way to pewter city after get out from diglet cave, because all of them are big tree. I play gold beta 5
    Which tree to cut...? Gold beta 5..? If you are talking about a rom hack, post in the rom hack's thread - this is for help in HGSS, not a rom hack beta. =p

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    I found a pokemon evolution guide on the internet that said
    FEMALE Burmy (Lvl. 20 - In Forest/Water/Snow) --> Plant Cloak Wormadam
    FEMALE Burmy (Lvl. 20 - In Desert/Mountain/Caves) --> Sandy Cloak Wormadam
    FEMALE Burmy (Lvl. 20 - In Buildings/Pokemon League) --> Trash Cloak Wormadam
    I evolved three female burmys, one in the sea near whirl islands, one in cliff cave and victory road, and one in the pokemon league. but all three came out plant cloaks?!?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    If the Burmy was a Plant Cloak before you into battle it will always be a Plant Burmy, no matter where the location.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Is there any updates about the next wifi event? And does anyone know if Celebi is going to be an event for HGSS? I'm looking for a legitimate Celebi :S Sorry if it's the wrong place to post this.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Is there any updates about the next wifi event? And does anyone know if Celebi is going to be an event for HGSS? I'm looking for a legitimate Celebi :S Sorry if it's the wrong place to post this.
    I would look for more info on Celebi around the time Zoroark: Master of Illusions is released in the U.S. or your respective country. If you are looking too trade for a Eigakan Celebi you can do so here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=216978

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    I found a pokemon evolution guide on the internet that said
    FEMALE Burmy (Lvl. 20 - In Forest/Water/Snow) --> Plant Cloak Wormadam
    FEMALE Burmy (Lvl. 20 - In Desert/Mountain/Caves) --> Sandy Cloak Wormadam
    FEMALE Burmy (Lvl. 20 - In Buildings/Pokemon League) --> Trash Cloak Wormadam

I evolved three female burmys, one in the sea near whirl islands, one in cliff cave and victory road, and one in the pokemon league. but all three came out plant cloaks?!?

Burmy always takes on the form of the area it last battled; in grass, grass cloak, in a cave/rock/etc; sand cloak, and in the city, trash cloak. These things are quite useless as a burmy, but if it evolves, it gets specific moves. If it evolves while it was a trash burmy (lol, that sounds funny ^^), it will be a trash wormadam and stay so, no matter where you battle after evolving, and so on with the others. If you dont under stand, check serebii.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm having a hard time training my Swablu on SoulSilver. Swablu is level 15 and 1103 from level 16. When my Combusken hit 18, it was 744 away from 19, and Lombre hit 16 and it 508 from 17. I checked Serebii to see how fast Swablu's exp gain was, and it's listed as erratic, and Combusken and Lombre as listed as medium slow, which...doesn't seem to be the case at all. :|

Anyone have any explanation for this? It's really a pain in the ass considering this is early in the game and I'm trying to raise Swablu to level 17 before I fight Bugsy. And none of them are traded, I hatched all three on my own. So no trade boosts for any of them.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    This might be a pretty far off question, but does anyone know where I can see a Glameow or Purrugly in SoulSilver? I need to at least see one to get it off GTS, haha.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Erratic

HG/SS Help Thread HG/SS Help Thread
    The equation for the Erratic experience group. At levels 50, 68, and 98, both formulas return equal values.

The Erratic experience group, one of the two groups introduced in Generation III, features the lowest level 100 value for experience, at only 600,000 points. Aside from Shieldon, Cranidos, and Finneon's families, all Pokémon in this experience group were introduced in Generation III as well, with most of them being Bug- or Water-types.
    Receiving its name due to the highly erratic experience point requirement to reach the next level from level 68 to level 98, Pokémon in this group level up rather slowly in their lower levels, requiring the most experience to grow from level 1 to level 10 (1800 as compared to 1250 for Slow, the next highest requirement), and increase the rate of their growth at higher levels, requiring the least experience to grow from level 90 to level 100 (108654 points as compared to 216800 for Fast, the next lowest requirement).
    Due to the erraticness of this function, it actually takes fewer experience points to go from level 99 to 100 than it does to go from level 69 to 70.
    For a list of all Pokémon in this group, see Pokémon in the Erratic experience group

Years
    Hello. I recently just got heart gold at gamestop. So I wanted to know where and what kind of pokemon I can use to train it. I chose cyndiquil right now. Right now he's at level 8 and his attack gain 2 points by beating the red hair guy. I didn't get any points when I use my pokemon in the wild. So I want to know where for an ev train. Right now I'm on the way to the first gym leader. I'm about to battle my first trainer. I'm looking to boost his attacks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    EV training during the main game is...kinda difficult, since you don't have access to places with certain Pokemon that give out the EVs you're looking for, plus it doesn't require a lot of exp points to get to the next level, so you can't stack on EVs from lower level Pokemon just yet. If you want to EV train your Cyndaquil that badly, you might as well box it and come back and do that after you're farther along in the game. Some early on Pokemon that give out Attack EVs are Bellsprout, Sentret, Unown, and Spinarak, though. Hope that can help you a little. Your post was a little difficult to comprehend, so I tried my best.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, tbh I wouldn't worry about trying to EV train during the main runthrough of the game - you can, but it'd just be limiting yourself. (Bsides you can reset EVs with certain berries after you beat the main game anyways). Alos note EVs do not necssary get accounted for as stat gains until you get to level 100 (or say started EV training at a high level and get a bit lucky).

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    is there anyway to better breed for characteristics? i have been trying to breed a Roselia with a Speed characteristic for days with no luck. for some reason most of them come out with "somewhat vain" character which is what the male has. im not sure what characteristics do to be honest, i have looked them up, if someone could explain them to me in plain english hehe i would be happy :) thanx

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    is there anyway to better breed for characteristics? i have been trying to breed a Roselia with a Speed characteristic for days with no luck. for some reason most of them come out with "somewhat vain" character which is what the male has. im not sure what characteristics do to be honest, i have looked them up, if someone could explain them to me in plain english hehe i would be happy :) thanx

It all depends on IVs really; like the IVs of a certain pokemon can determine what characteristic a pokemon has; like if its "Alert to sounds"
    then it can have a good speed IV. And you may know that IVs are what a pokemon can have to have a max number of speed; like Salamence has a 350 max speed, etc.

You could get both parents with the same characteristic and there's a good chance that the baby will have the same characteristic.

Mmm hope this helps... V///V

Last edited:
    Years
    Not sure if this goes here, but...

I recently traded for a Chansey, and therefore I'm not the OT, and therefore I can't give it a nickname. However, if I evolve it to Blissey, will the message pop-up asking me if I want to rename it? :bandit:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Not sure if this goes here, but...

I recently traded for a Chansey, and therefore I'm not the OT, and therefore I can't give it a nickname. However, if I evolve it to Blissey, will the message pop-up asking me if I want to rename it? :bandit:

Nope, you can only nickname Pokemon with your own OT. Unfortunately you're stuck with whatever name the Chansey originally had.

Back