• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    hey, im new and im right before Red, but my pokemon are all level 50 and below. i have a typhlosion 58, dragonite 56, xatu 50, venusaur 48, machamp 29, raikou 55. i need the machamp for the rock climb and smash. where is the best spot to grind these pokes to around 65? also if you think some pokes would be better than the ones i have atm please let me know thanks :D

Have you gotten all 16 badges yet? If so you can rebattle the gym leader to level up and ev train them. Here is what time of day will each gym leader show up for a rematch. You can rebattle trainers too if you get there phone number. :D Right now I'm also training for red. I couldn't even beat him yet. All my pokes are around 40 or 50. :D This is what I'm going to use against red, crobat, tyranitar, empleon, electivwire, and a scizzor. :D I can't wait until I battle him and get my charmander. Reds pokes are in the 70 or 80. I think.

https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml

or
    https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

Just click on the days of the week to review trainers details. You can also use these trainers to ev train too.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I've never heard of anyone Ev training on the Gym leader rematches seems rather longer and impossible but hey whatever floats your boat. Plus his poke have already gotten all their Ev's (more than likely) so all you need to do is grind in the upper levels of Mt. Silver

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    I've never heard of anyone Ev training on the Gym leader rematches seems rather longer and impossible but hey whatever floats your boat. Plus his poke have already gotten all their Ev's (more than likely) so all you need to do is grind in the upper levels of Mt. Silver

okay i will train up there. and also.. im not to serious about it so i never have done any Ev training.. what is it?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Ev's are the stat enhancing points that each pokemon gives upon defeating them I.E gyarados gives 2 Attack Ev's so if you want a pokemon with a higher Attack stat train on nothing but Pokemon that give Attack Ev's 4 Evs equals 1 point on the way to level 100 soo by the time your level 100 all the Evs will have been used and incorporated into your stas. This is just a quick and very loose definition there are great Guides out there on Serebii and Smogon also it's worth noting you can only have a max of 255 Evs in each stat and a max of 510 Evs overall.

https://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual
    that link should help you with pretty much all Eving questions also if you are going to battle even semi competitively Evs are a must. ( I am referring to the battle tower etc...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    Ev's are the stat enhancing points that each pokemon gives upon defeating them I.E gyarados gives 2 Attack Ev's so if you want a pokemon with a higher Attack stat train on nothing but Pokemon that give Attack Ev's 4 Evs equals 1 point on the way to level 100 soo by the time your level 100 all the Evs will have been used and incorporated into your stas. This is just a quick and very loose definition there are great Guides out there on Serebii and Smogon also it's worth noting you can only have a max of 255 Evs in each stat and a max of 510 Evs overall.
    what would you suggest me to Ev train my team in for Red? (to see my team ^) also, do you have any other pokes that i could possibly switch out to make my team better? thanks.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    well as I stated before you team more than likely has obtained their 510 evs so it would take lots of correction berries and such to fix that plus their stats are already off but not to worry Red isn't that hard a little grinding and you'll be good to go. You could make an In-Game team help thread if you want a more extensive answer but as forn now I'l say his Lapras can take down most of your team so train Raikou and save it for the Lapras. also watch out if you use you Venusaur on his Blastoise I'm pretty sure it knows blizzard.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
    Sigh no one knows how to breed an elekid with crosschop. I want to do that.

i think that all u need is an elactabuzz and a machoke knows crosschop, put them together in the day care and u will have an elekid knows a crosschop

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    Mewtwo....

Hey I'm trying to catch mewtwo and I got him to this: you can't even see the red part on his hp bar so it's I'm sure 1.. Also I put him to sleep. Have tried 13 dusk balls, 4 ultras, and 2 time balls, but nothing seems to work can any1 help? Thanks :) (btw this is typed on my iPhone :( my hands hurt now lmao)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey I'm trying to catch mewtwo and I got him to this: you can't even see the red part on his hp bar so it's I'm sure 1.. Also I put him to sleep. Have tried 13 dusk balls, 4 ultras, and 2 time balls, but nothing seems to work can any1 help? Thanks :) (btw this is typed on my iPhone :( my hands hurt now lmao)
    I think you're doing it right. The only problem is luck because Mewtwo has a catch rate of 3, like most legendaries, making it difficult for it to be caught.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    I think you're doing it right. The only problem is luck because Mewtwo has a catch rate of 3, like most legendaries, making it difficult for it to be caught.
    Okay thanks. But 3 out of what? If it's like 3 out of 100 then I'm gonna be there a while. Please lemme know if u know

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Okay thanks. But 3 out of what? If it's like 3 out of 100 then I'm gonna be there a while. Please lemme know if u know

Basically, each Pokemon has a catch rate between 3 (most legendaries/Beldum line) and 255 (Pokemon like the regional birds/rodents). The odds of capture are the Pokemon's catch rate are the catch rate divided by 255, and then multiplied by the Pokemon's current health, the type of ball you're using and the Pokemon's status.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate Read this for more.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Helpful Hint? you need more pokeballs Dusk and Ultra should do also bring a dark type perhaps a spiritomb with Hypnosis they will completely stop Mewtwo as he only knows one move and it's psychic typed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    Well all I did was bring him down really low again, sleeped him and caught him. :) where do I get a metagross?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    Oo thanks! Bear with me though.. I'm terrible at pokemon knowledge where does one obtain a fortress?? Sorry for the dumb questions >.<

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Oo thanks! Bear with me though.. I'm terrible at pokemon knowledge where does one obtain a fortress?? Sorry for the dumb questions >.<
    You don't, you must obtain Pineco and evolve it at level 31. Too do that you need Headbutt which is taught in Ilix Forest. Then when you find tree that are able to be headbutted you commence with headbutting.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    for rhyhorn, rock head becomes solid rock when it becomes a rhyperior, and lightning rod, would stay lightning rod right?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    for rhyhorn, rock head becomes solid rock when it becomes a rhyperior, and lightning rod, would stay lightning rod right?

That would be right. :) Lightning Rod does stay Lightning Rod as a Rhyperior if Rhyhorn has that ability.

Back