• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

shot571

@ Fire: Talk to the Ace Trainer in the Violet City Pokemon Center.

@ Shot: It's natural, you have to wait a while. At least natures aren't as complicated as IVs.
    thanks i was just worried that i had wasted that time breeding 30+ eggs and not getting the right nature because i did something stupid

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Where do I get the PokéFlute to wake up Snorlax? In the originals the PokéFlute was a channel on the radio, but that doesn't seem to be the case the time around.

Years
    The Poke Flute channel is all the way at the top of the radio channel thing. You have to move it there manually. After fixing the Magnet Train, EXPN Card, etc.

shot571

i have a problem breeding i think :s. this is my first proper go. i have a japanese ditto breeding with a male alakazam. ditto is holding everstone and so far i have had naughty,bold,mild,adamnant,mild and rash while ditto is modest. just wondering am i doing something wrong or is it just bad luck?
    Surely after 30 eggs i wouldve had more than 1 modest abra?isnt it like a 50% chance of transferring natures.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I got a question about EV's, not sure if I'm in the right topic. Sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong thread.

I want to EV train my starter, but as I know, the only way to check if it has 510 EV's is to go to a lady and check with her, if she gives you the effort ribbon, then it means that I have all the 510 EV's right? Well what can I do in this case, because my starter already has the ribbon.

shot571

not sure if thats why she gives you the ribbon but you can use ev wiping berries.search google for them and they should come up

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Yeah, from what I read from most of the guides, she gives you a ribbon. Thanks, I know that, but they are kinda hard to get in the first place.

Years
    I got a question about EV's, not sure if I'm in the right topic. Sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong thread.

I want to EV train my starter, but as I know, the only way to check if it has 510 EV's is to go to a lady and check with her, if she gives you the effort ribbon, then it means that I have all the 510 EV's right? Well what can I do in this case, because my starter already has the ribbon.

Right thread.

Well, usually, the advice I give is to breed a new Pokemon since the one you have know probably doesn't have good IVs, natures, etc.

If you're adamant on using this starter though, you can use the stat reducing/Happiness raising berries (Pomeg-Tamato; only obtainable through trading, importing, some through Pokewalker, some through the Juggler in Fuschia) until they no longer reduce the base stats of the Pokemon. Doing so means that the Pokemon no longer has EVs in any stats.

shot571

Yeah, from what I read from most of the guides, she gives you a ribbon. Thanks, I know that, but they are kinda hard to get in the first place.
    you could ask someone to do it with an AR if you cant get the berries or i could probably do it for you as well(with AR) but itd be better for u to do it urself

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    you could ask someone to do it with an AR if you cant get the berries or i could probably do it for you as well(with AR) but itd be better for u to do it urself

Yeah, but I rather get them legitimate.

Right thread.

Well, usually, the advice I give is to breed a new Pokemon since the one you have know probably doesn't have good IVs, natures, etc.

If you're adamant on using this starter though, you can use the stat reducing/Happiness raising berries (Pomeg-Tamato; only obtainable through trading, importing, some through Pokewalker, some through the Juggler in Fuschia) until they no longer reduce the base stats of the Pokemon. Doing so means that the Pokemon no longer has EVs in any stats.
    Actually my starter has great IV's and a pretty nice nature, that's why I would like to EV train it.

Thanks for the info about the Pomeg-Tomato berries, but so there is like no way of checking if my Pokemon has the 510 EV's after I reset my EV's with berries and after I'm done EV training it?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Surely after 30 eggs i wouldve had more than 1 modest abra?isnt it like a 50% chance of transferring natures.

That's bad luck lol my Ditto transferred its Modest Nature to my male Natu easily.

Eeohnex said:
    Thanks for the info about the Pomeg-Tomato berries, but so there is like no way of checking if my Pokemon has the 510 EV's after I reset my EV's with berries and after I'm done EV training it?

Just keep track on paper or directly on Veekun's calculator.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    i have a problem breeding i think :s. this is my first proper go. i have a japanese ditto breeding with a male alakazam. ditto is holding everstone and so far i have had naughty,bold,mild,adamnant,mild and rash while ditto is modest. just wondering am i doing something wrong or is it just bad luck?

Whoa Nelly, hold on!

@ Fire: Talk to the Ace Trainer in the Violet City Pokemon Center.

@ Shot: It's natural, you have to wait a while. At least natures aren't as complicated as IVs.

I'm assuming the male Alakazam isn't Japanese? If it isn't, then インフェルノの津波 is wrong. Pokémon from different regions have a higher chance of producing a shiny offspring (1/2048; called the Masuda Method), but the Everstone trick will also not work. All the previous responses you've gotten don't hold water, as you don't have bad luck, you just won't have an increased chance of passing on the nature as long as your Pokémon are from two different regions.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Thanks for clarifying that for us, Bruce. I wasn't aware :s

so French + English in daycare = higher shiny rate, but disables the Everstone?

Would it therefore disable IV items as well, such as Power Bracer?

Back