• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Did you already take the SS Anne to Vermillion? If so, you can go to the town where the safari zone used to be, then you can surf from there.

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    ^ You'll see Strength if you go that way, because of the Seaform islands.

OR, you can do the following, so you can go the way jiggly said.
    -> Go to the Power Plant (Route 10 next to Cerulean City; surf downward) and talk to the Manager about a stolen Power Plant Part.
    -> Go Back to Cerulean City, and find the thief in the Gym. He'll escape to the Nugget Bridge, where you go and defeat him.
    -> Go back to the gym and find the part near the top left corner of it, under the umbrella and tubes.
    -> Give the piece back to the Power Plant, then go to Lavender Town
    -> Once you're there, get the Expn. Card for your Pokegear.can
    -> Go to Vermillion City and go to the Diglett's Cave where you then wake up snorlax and defeat him like in the past (or catch him).
    -> Go through the Diglett's cave (make sure you have cut), and you'll find you're self near Pewter City where you can then go down to Pallet Town, and then Cinnabar Island.

=3=;;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    iv been waiting for like 5days for the safari zone warden to ring me so i can put objects in the safari zone

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    You can win stones, I think you can get a star on your trainer card... yeah, thats about it lol

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    2 q's....where do you get the pokeflute?
    and where do you get the train ticket?

You need to complete the Magnet Train sidequest for both.

First you need to fix the Power Plant. Do this by going to the Power Plant, and then going back to Cerulean. Talk to the Rocket Guy in the gym. When he runs away, follow him. He'll tell you where the machine part is hidden in the gym. Go and find it and take it back to the Power Plant. Now the generator works and you can go to the radio tower in Lavender where you get your radio upgraded. The Pokeflute is a manual channel so you have to move the dot somewhere near the top.

Back in Saffron, someone'll mention that the Copycat lost her doll. Go to Vermillion and talk to the Sailor in the Pokemon Fan Club. He'll give you the doll. Give it back to Copycat in Saffron and she'll give you a Magnet Pass.

Sidequest: Done! ~♪

Years
    just a quick question if i start new game will my pokewalker be able to be used on my new save file or will it be useless? have heard it gets saved to the file it is first used to.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    just a quick question if i start new game will my pokewalker be able to be used on my new save file or will it be useless? have heard it gets saved to the file it is first used to.

No, it's saved to your game card. If and when you start a new game file on the same physical, carbon game, it will still work.

In other words, you have no worries. ~♪

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    were do you get the super and good rod in soul silver
    and also what hms do you need for getting through victory road

Last edited:
    Years

No, it's saved to your game card. If and when you start a new game file on the same physical, carbon game, it will still work.

In other words, you have no worries. ~♪
    Actually, I started over a new save file once. I had to reset my Pokewalker to get it to work again by pressing Down+X+L on the Pokewalker screen.
    were do you get the super and good rod in soul silver
    and also what hms do you need for getting through victory road

Good rod is found in Olivine City. Super is found on route 12. Only HM you need in HGSS Victory Road is Strength. Rock Smash for bonus items.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    It will work, but if you reset the game it won't let you use the Pokewalker with your new/current game. Basically, if you reset the game, you are going to need to reset the Pokewalker too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    How do you get the shiny Kanto starters?

I was wondering if you can just look at the picture and see if they're shiny, like the Johto starters?

OR if you actually have to add them to your team by picking them up and looking at them.

If someone could post an actual fact, and not some guess because I have been just looking at the picture for the past 4 hours.

Thanks.

Azguard

Dragon Master
    Years
    Berry pot mechanics

heya hows it goin peoples...

ok i searched the forums and found no discussions on this subject.
    how does the berry pot actually work?
    now i tried planting berrys and adjusting the DS callendar... no beans (i mean berries)... next i tried adjusting just the clock... nothing.

so what clock is it running off of?
    i just want a heap of stirus and leppa berries :P it would be nice to heal my pokebuddies up and keep em running for those long shiny hunts.

so my question is this, how do you manipulate the berry pots?

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I was wondering if you can just look at the picture and see if they're shiny, like the Johto starters?

OR if you actually have to add them to your team by picking them up and looking at them.

If someone could post an actual fact, and not some guess because I have been just looking at the picture for the past 4 hours.

Thanks.

You see the pokemon's picture before you select it, so you can see if it's shiny before selecting it. Believe me I tried it for a freaking week and gave up. I sometimes still wish I hadn't but I am far now and enjoy my team.

Also I have a question of my own. Any tips to make a pokemon happy besides the soothe bell and haircut brothers, already been there and done that for tonight. I am trying to evolve my eevee from Bill to Umbreon before level 16 when Umbreon learns pursuit.

Years
    Are there any in-game trainers with Chikorita (or any of its evolutions)? I started with Cyndaquil, so obviously my rival isn't going to have Chikorita... and I'd like to be able to get one off the GTS without having to get someone's friend code (which means I have to see it in my Pokédex). Thanks!

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Are there any in-game trainers with Chikorita (or any of its evolutions)? I started with Cyndaquil, so obviously my rival isn't going to have Chikorita... and I'd like to be able to get one off the GTS without having to get someone's friend code (which means I have to see it in my Pokédex). Thanks!

As far as I know, there isn't a way in-game to see the third and final (depending on the starters chosen) in-game. Although in Viridian City's Trainer House, the one Ace Trainer has all the G/S/C starters fully evolved, so you'll see Meganium there.

Back