• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    My thoughts, don't catch a Pokemon that high unless you plan on temporary use of it. The lower a Pokemon's level, the better it'll be in the long-run compared to a Pokemon of the same species at a higher level. Temporarily, you can catch a wild Drowzee and trade it for a Machop to KO Whitney.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Having pokemon with Ice, Electric and Fighting moves will help a great deal as you get towards the first elite four and make your way into Kanto. Mareep is a good choice, and Geodude as was mentioned above

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Question:

I cant seem to figure out how to withdraw my pokemon from my pokewalker.
    And when I try to store them in it says (The pokewalker is already registered)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    ok so i know what Pokemon Clair has and i am definitely not ready- i was wondering where i can get high leveled Pokemon and what the best place to train is (before the 8th gym)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Get a level 12 ponyta from your Pokewalker, in the rocky mountain path. ^^

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    If you have the Rugged Road course unlocked on you PokéWalker unlocked, then you can find Machop on that. I would suggest training one of them.

Also, this really doesn't belong here. I've sent a request to have it moved to the HG/SS Help Thread.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Does anyone know whether the Trainer Card records the time and date of when the player beats the Elite Four on both different occasions (After 8 Badges and After 16 Badges) or just once? (After 8 Badges/After 16 Badges)

And does anyone know when and how to get the National Dex?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Question:

Well... is the pokewalker already registered to another game?

Oh and i have a question, why dont i have any radio signal in kanto!?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Question:

Is there a person who tells you when your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out? In DPPt, there was that one lady in Sunnyshore who would give you an Effort Ribbon. Is there something like this in HGSS?
    Blackthorn City :3 I just ran into her yesterday haha

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Question:

Well... is the pokewalker already registered to another game?

Oh and i have a question, why dont i have any radio signal in kanto!?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Question:

Is there a person who tells you when your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out? In DPPt, there was that one lady in Sunnyshore who would give you an Effort Ribbon. Is there something like this in HGSS?

Blackthorn City. There's a lady in one of the houses who'll give you a ribbon if you max EVs.

Back