• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    hey what is a SID? I looked on bulbapedia and it said SID is a character from 7th movie?????? i'd of thought buldapedia would have a SID page for this code with info on it since they have most of everything else yet people are asking others to work out thiers and I had heard one you know your SID you get shineys easy? I would love to get shineys easy i've only ever gotten 2 shineys in 15 years across all games

can red gyrados from SS be used to work out the SID? heard it needs to be a shiney caught in that game

does it matter if the shiney has a few EV's from fighting? if it does am I kinda skrewed since it will probably take me 10 years to get another shiney?

how can I find out my SID? can someone else do it for you?

also I hatched a shiney lapras in one of my diamond or platinum can I use that which I bred using a jap ditto to work out that games SID

haha np. dang that sucks if you cant get it in HG :(

Does anyone confirm this is true?

stupid forum says my post count is too low to post a serebii link to help ya so i'll PM it :)

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • 1. hey what is a SID? I looked on bulbapedia and it said SID is a character from 7th movie?????? i'd of thought buldapedia would have a SID page for this code with info on it since they have most of everything else yet people are asking others to work out thiers and I had heard one you know your SID you get shineys easy? I would love to get shineys easy i've only ever gotten 2 shineys in 15 years across all games

2. can red gyrados from SS be used to work out the SID? heard it needs to be a shiney caught in that game

3. does it matter if the shiney has a few EV's from fighting? if it does am I kinda skrewed since it will probably take me 10 years to get another shiney?

4. how can I find out my SID? can someone else do it for you?

5. also I hatched a shiney lapras in one of my diamond or platinum can I use that which I bred using a jap ditto to work out that games SID

1. An SID, or Secret ID, is a 5 number identification code that isn't easily obtained. It is necessary to abuse the RNG (if you don't know what the RNG is, or how to abuse it, you can read it on Smogon, but it's very complicated so I wouldn't recommend it).

2. No, the Red Gyarados is coded to be shiny. The only shinies that can be used to figure out your SID are shiny pokémon caught in the wild (not bred or traded).

3. It cannot have any EVs. You need to enter the IVs into a calculator to figure out your SID, and if the pokémon has any EVs they will screw up the IV calculation.

4. As I mentioned above, you can figure it out using a calculator. You can technically also find it out using an AR, but I'm not endorsing that.

5. No, the shiny pokémon has to be caught on the game in which you're trying to figure out the SID.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Im not sure if this should go here or the Plat. Help thread but what ever

If I traded a Rotom to SS and I change his form (lets just say Cut form) if i trade it back to platinum will it still be Cut Form?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    1. An SID, or Secret ID, is a 5 number identification code that isn't easily obtained. It is necessary to abuse the RNG (if you don't know what the RNG is, or how to abuse it, you can read it on Smogon, but it's very complicated so I wouldn't recommend it).

2. No, the Red Gyarados is coded to be shiny. The only shinies that can be used to figure out your SID are shiny pokémon caught in the wild (not bred or traded).

3. It cannot have any EVs. You need to enter the IVs into a calculator to figure out your SID, and if the pokémon has any EVs they will screw up the IV calculation.

4. As I mentioned above, you can figure it out using a calculator. You can technically also find it out using an AR, but I'm not endorsing that.

5. No, the shiny pokémon has to be caught on the game in which you're trying to figure out the SID.

great a once in 15 year thing has to happen to work out mine without illegal hacking >_< cause I only ever caught one shiney in the wild in my old crystals

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Im not 100% sure but I think you put your pokemon in the GTS and and you take your pokemon out right after you put it in.But Im not certian about it because I never tried it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    How would you go about doing that?

one would assume upload it onto internet and ask for something like a level 1 legendary you can't catch as a level 1 like a legendary dog that can't be bred and can only be caught at level 40

then cancel trade and it comes back to you evolved?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    one would assume upload it onto internet and ask for something like a level 1 legendary you can't catch as a level 1 like a legendary dog that can't be bred and can only be caught at level 40

then cancel trade and it comes back to you evolved?

That seriously works out?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • That seriously works out?

No, it doesn't, at least in D/P/Pt. I haven't tested in HG/SS, but I can assume it's the same. In order for it to work, you have to put the pokémon you want to evolve up on the GTS (obviously asking for some ridiculous thing so no one will take it), then find someone asking for something you have (hopefully something you don't care about), trade said person, then take your pokémon back out of the GTS. It should evolve. I'm not quite sure why only this works, I just know that this is the case.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Can anyone help me evolve my Machoke and Kadabra?
    If it'll make it any easier, you could always try and request to make a quick trade to evolve your Pokémon at the Quick Trade Thread in the Trade Corner. I'm sure it'll be a bit easier than having to question whether the GTS technique would work.

Can you battle Red again?
    Yes, after defeating the Elite Four another time you can climb back up to challenge Red on Mt. Silver. He can be challenged as many times as you want, but you'll have to defeat the Elite Four first each time. :\

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • lol a fun question, but what should I name my rival? I was thinking Silver, cuz that his real name lol
    You can name your rival whatever you wish. :)
    Name him Silver, name him after a friend, be creative and name him something weird or something from your own head.

It's basically up to you. For some ideas on what others will be naming their rivals though, you can check out this thread here considering it's highly popular and gives many ideas on possible rival names.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • In the Pokewalker, is it possible to find a shiny pokemon?

This was answered at least three times already, and once yesterday or the day before.

Yes, you can find Shinies in the PokeWalker.

I don't know if the image IN the PokeWalker is different though; the rate of encountering a shiny is the same as in-game.

Back