• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
    HOW DO YOU CAPTURE ENTEI OR THE OTHER ROAMING DOG THING? EVERYTIME I THROW AN ULTRA BALL OR ATTACK THEM THEY RUN STRAIGHT AWAY :(

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
    I caught raikou with my master, lol.

So it is possible? Good, i didn't want to waste days resetting, and not get a shiny lax.

What level are the pokemon at mount silver?

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ^ About level 40-50 except Larvitar. It's in its 20s.

Also, it depends what you're looking for.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Can you do anything with the Red Scale like you can with the Ragecandy, or is it doomed to sit in my Key Items forever?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Can you do anything with the Red Scale like you can with the Ragecandy, or is it doomed to sit in my Key Items forever?

Give it to Mr. Pokemon and you get EXP. Share.

Can you clone in HGSS?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Cloning's easier than in the other games: I've heard if you shut off while saving from sending a Pokemon to the Pokewalker, it can still be there, and you can bring it back from the Walker. Or maybe it was, emergency Pokewalker evac and then send it back over anyway. Something.

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
    Cloning's easier than in the other games: I've heard if you shut off while saving from sending a Pokemon to the Pokewalker, it can still be there, and you can bring it back from the Walker. Or maybe it was, emergency Pokewalker evac and then send it back over anyway. Something.
    I've cloned two of my Pokemon so far using the PokeWalker. :P

when do you guys recommend giving my vulpix a fire stone?
    After it learns good moves.

Last edited:

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    when do you guys recommend giving my vulpix a fire stone?

It really depends.

My nintails:
    Sunny Day
    Overheat
    Nasty Plot
    Confuse Ray

Holding:WhiteHerb/Charcoal

SpDef and Speed EV'd

Mine, I got from Vulpix at lv 35.

Flamethrower would be ideal but I like the 2xUPSpAttk+150+STAB+SunnyDay+Charcoal

I gave vulpix

Hey, Where can i get the TM(Trick Room)?

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    What is the recommended team level to challenge the E4?

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I'm having a tough time deciding if I should forget Quick Attack on my Flareon for Headbutt. I like Quick Attack because of its Priority, but Headbutt is a 70 Base Power move which does catch my interest and is useful for finding pokemon in trees. Any suggestions?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Hey, Where can i get the TM(Trick Room)?
    where can i get TM73(thunder wave)?

Trick Room: You get it as a reward after beating the Viridian City Gym (Blue).
    Thunder Wave: The Battle Frontier shop, for 32 BP.

FILLERFILLERFILLER!
    You do realize your post had more than 4 words and 25 characters, right? You don't need filler text if that's the case. Also, if you can't think of at least 4 words and 25 characters to say, is it really worth filling up space with filler text instead of just not saying it?

I'm having a tough time deciding if I should forget Quick Attack on my Flareon for Headbutt. I like Quick Attack because of its Priority, but Headbutt is a 70 Base Power move which does catch my interest and is useful for finding pokemon in trees. Any suggestions?

It's really your choice. Headbutt is more powerful obviously, and has a chance to make the opponent flinch (I'm not counting the fact that you can use it on trees, as any Pokémon with Headbutt can use the overworld ability. Having the ability to do it with Flareon won't really affect how useful it is.). However, Quick Attack is a priority move, and those are useful in many situations. So it really depends.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    togepi

Well i have a togepi in soul silver and i never really paid much attention to it so i stuck it in daycare when i took it out was level 33 i tried to breed it with a ditto but i couldnt so can you not breed togepi~

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010

Quick Attack>Headbutt because of those "5HP-5HP" Moments...Save the power for Flamethrower and leave Quick Attack Support

Back