• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    The legends? Okay...

Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Ho-oh
    Lugia
    Celebi
    Regirock- Uber
    Regice- Uber
    Registeel- Uber
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquasa
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Regigigas- Uber
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Rotom (to an extent)- Uber
    Arceus
    Shaymin
    Darkrai

Just tell me if I missed any legendaries, I think I might have missed a few Hoenn and Sinnoh.

fillfiillfillfiillfiillfiillfiillfiillfiillfiifflfllfiffl fil ifl

SO.....

My Kai.Kai (Kingdra) is a double rester-)

-Double Team
    -Rest
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf

Double Resters are now being consitered n00bs?
    but people who use Ubers are not n00bs?

Jeez. Anyone have any good Suggestions?

Kai.Kai is a Lv.100 Shiney Kingdra. Timid Nature (More Speed, less Attack) and i have him Speed and SpAttk EV'd

The Gym Leaders are 48+, though, and Blue caps at 70 at the end.

Red caps at 88.

Blue's Highest Pokemon is a lv.60 Pigeot
    Red's Pikachu is 88. You can take the Pikachu out with a lv50 Steelix, its so weak. Dont fret it.

Ah yes and the 2nd round E4 are lv 60~75

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Okay so I want to give my beldum 8 EVs in speed. It has pokerus + power anklet. Its level one so i send it out first then switch to a better pokemon for the kill. So my question is:

when I kill a magikarp after switching from beldum to salamence, will my beldum get 4 EV points in speed? (Pokerus+power anklet), or only 2?

Hope you guys understand my question :) Thanks
    thanks

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Okay so I want to give my beldum 8 EVs in speed. It has pokerus + power anklet. Its level one so i send it out first then switch to a better pokemon for the kill. So my question is:

when I kill a magikarp after switching from beldum to salamence, will my beldum get 4 EV points in speed? (Pokerus+power anklet), or only 2?

Hope you guys understand my question :) Thanks
    thanks

I believe power items are counted before you multiply by 2 for pokerus.
    So (1 + 4) x 2 = 10 Speed EVs per Magikarp?
    I'm still a novice at EV training but I believe this is right.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    TM06 (TOXIC) Where can i get it?

and TM13 (IceBeam) plz!

filfilfil

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years

I believe power items are counted before you multiply by 2 for pokerus.
    So (1 + 4) x 2 = 10 Speed EVs per Magikarp?
    I'm still a novice at EV training but I believe this is right.

You are correct. You always want to add before you multiple when dealing with something like this.

Double Resters are now being consitered n00bs?
    but people who use Ubers are not n00bs?
    The vast majority of people in competitive play play with the Evasion Clause, which prohibits the use of purely evasion or accuracy tampering moves. Such moves tend to be seen as unfair, and as the general assumption is that the Evasion Clause is always in effect, unless you find someone who agrees to not use the Evasion Clause, you're not going to find many situations in which to use your Kingdra.

TM06 (TOXIC) Where can i get it?

and TM13 (IceBeam) plz!

filfilfil

You do know that your post is over 25 characters and 4 words, and that you do not need to put fillers, right?

You can get Ice Beam from the Seafoam Islands or from the Goldenrod Game Corner, and you can get Toxic from the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    You are correct. You always want to add before you multiple when dealing with something like this.

The vast majority of people in competitive play play with the Evasion Clause, which prohibits the use of purely evasion or accuracy tampering moves. Such moves tend to be seen as unfair, and as the general assumption is that the Evasion Clause is always in effect, unless you find someone who agrees to not use the Evasion Clause, you're not going to find many situations in which to use your Kingdra.

You do know that your post is over 25 characters and 4 words, and that you do not need to put fillers, right?

But Thanks a bunch Tinhead

You can get Ice Beam from the Seafoam Islands or from the Goldenrod Game Corner, and you can get Toxic from the Battle Frontier.

I put the First TM question, then edited it, to put the Ice Beam Question. It said i didn't have enough Characters so I just played its game and "Filled"

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I put the First TM question, then edited it, to put the Ice Beam Question. It said i didn't have enough Characters so I just played its game and "Filled"

I didn't know there was a 25-character limit for posts. xD

Arriex

aeroplane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    Does the ship ever arrive at Vermillion? xD
    Or do I have to fight everyone on the ship or something?

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Does the ship ever arrive at Vermillion? xD
    Or do I have to fight everyone on the ship or something?

You have to try getting to the captain's room. Then a sailor guy will stop you, then you look for the sleeping sailor, and battle him. Then you go to the captain, and the little girl runs off. Look for her, then you'll be taken back to her grandpa. THEN the ship arrives in Vermillion. xD

Arriex

aeroplane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    Ohh, no wonder I've set my ds aside for about an hour and I haven't arrived. xD
    Thanks alot!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010

okay thanks, so 10 speed EVs per magikarp. But since I use 2 different pokemon to kill it, will my first pokemon get all 10 since is has pokerus + power anklet?

EDIT: What im trying to say is, are EVs like exp in the way that exp is SHARED between the pokemon that kill the opponent?

Last edited:

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I got that same question.

How are EV's Incorparated in EXP Share?

Where should I train to be prepared for the kanto elite 4? currently my team is 50-57

Go for it. You will be fine... Bring lots of Hyper Potions and Revives like 10-15 each

Last edited:

Aril

Arcanine Breeder
    Years
    Question about EV Training?

Hey, not quite sure if this is the right place to post it, move the topic if I posted wrong ^^.

Anyways, i caught a lvl 15 Electabuz with an Adamant nature. I gave it 10 Proteins, which would raise it's Attack EV by 100 points.
    I then went to Cerulean City and surfed around in the water left to the Nugget Bridge and defeated Goldeens and Seakings. These pokemon should raise it's attack EV by 1 and 2 points. But when i lvled up to lvl 16, it only gained +2 in the Attack stat.

So my question is, when do i gain the Attack stats that i should gain because of the 10 Proteins i gave? Is it all the way to lvl 100, or have i done something wrong? :X

Kthxbai ^^

Back