• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    sorry my jap is horribly lackin cuz of the amnesia :embarrass

so basically: compound eyes on cho, with a frisky Shika + theif lol

Yes I gave it that name because of the relationship between Choji and Shikamaru...Choji name meaning Butterfly Boy and Shikamaru being Deer Man...

So Shikacho...Butterfree + Stantler...

Also if your Butterfree is the same level as the Chansey's then you can use repel and have a higher chance to get them or something (Worked in Diamond atleast idk about HGSS)

kakarot

Metal Coat is my friend!
    Years
    When I received my Arceus, the wonder card stated that if I traded it over to HG/SS there would be a "legendary surprise"

I got nada, zip, zilch.

Anybody found anything? what did I miss??

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    So I gotta make a choice, keep the PokeWalker routes but be stuck with a team that I hate, or start over and lose them all, this is why I hate Nintendo and there one save file rule for Pokémon, and these events, it basically means you have to buy a new game EVERY TIME you wanna start over.

Well, thanks anyway.

i totally agree, i think if you start over you should be able to re-get all event pokemon, event items, & event routes
    they should basically allow you to store all wonder cards in your game, and each time you restart after you unlock mystery gift you should regain all the stuff you lost.
    and for the pokewalker, all courses are permanent :P

this is why the legend of zelda sales 3times as much as pokemon games:
    you get 2-3 save files on each game (of course they dont have events, but at least if they did you could play all you want without losin it)
    Yes I gave it that name because o
    f the relationship between Choji and Shikamaru...Choji name meaning Butterfly Boy and Shikamaru being Deer Man...

So Shikacho...Butterfree + Stantler...

Also if your Butterfree is the same level as the Chansey's then you can use repel and have a higher chance to get them or something (Worked in Diamond atleast idk about HGSS)

thats just too awesome XD you should help me remember japanese :P
    When I received my Arceus, the wonder card stated that if I traded it over to HG/SS there would be a "legendary surprise"

I got nada, zip, zilch.

Anybody found anything? what did I miss??

take ONLY the Arceus to the Ruins of Alph after you get national dex then you go to sinjoh ruins and voila you can get plakia,dialga, or giratina newborn :3

Years
    Hi I was wondering where I should train up my Growlithe. Its level 21 and I need it to level it up to about level 40. I know its quite a step so I was wondering whether I should trade it to Platinum and rebattle the Gym Leaders to level it up or whether I should just level it up in HeartGold.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Hi I was wondering where I should train up my Growlithe. Its level 21 and I need it to level it up to about level 40. I know its quite a step so I was wondering whether I should trade it to Platinum and rebattle the Gym Leaders to level it up or whether I should just level it up in HeartGold.

If you trade it, it will grow faster due to boosted Experience, wheras grinding in HG can get tedious after a while. I would trade it but then again, that's just my opinion. ~♪

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010

Choose the fastest way. If you want to EV it you should take that into consideration. But where are you exactly in the game. If it's for the league you could train around the safari zone on the waterfall (it has Milktanks that give 1000 XP each)

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    I'm trying to get Blue's number registered in my Pokegear, so I've been having my Pokemon massaged by Daisy everyday between 3 and 4. However, today, she simply said "I usually have tea around this time. Come join me.", and I even checked the time on my 'Gear. I was wondering if this is normal.

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    If you changed your time for anything else today, it could be the reason. Sometimes, when you change the time, than change it back, the game thinks that you had already done some of the things that happens once a day. Example would be Daisy massages. /has had that happen to her as well, because she changed the time so she can battle Erika.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    If you changed your time for anything else today, it could be the reason. Sometimes, when you change the time, than change it back, the game thinks that you had already done some of the things that happens once a day. Example would be Daisy massages. /has had that happen to her as well, because she changed the time so she can battle Erika.

Okay, thanks! I had to set the clock on my DS ahead a few minutes, it was about four minutes behind the other clocks...

Years
    What is the earliest time I can visit the Sinjoh Ruins? Is beating the E4 necessary?

I've already accessed in HG with my Arceus. Just wondering as I am early into the Johto run around in my SS.

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I think what the person above you has said answers your question just fine, An-San.

kakarot

Metal Coat is my friend!
    Years
    Team fail comes through with the goods.

That has to be the best moment in the game for me so far.

Thanks for the help buddy!

:D

Oh!, I chose Giratina btw.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    i totally agree, i think if you start over you should be able to re-get all event pokemon, event items, & event routes
    they should basically allow you to store all wonder cards in your game, and each time you restart after you unlock mystery gift you should regain all the stuff you lost.
    and for the pokewalker, all courses are permanent :P

this is why the legend of zelda sales 3times as much as pokemon games:
    you get 2-3 save files on each game (of course they dont have events, but at least if they did you could play all you want without losin it)

thats just too awesome XD you should help me remember japanese :P

take ONLY the Arceus to the Ruins of Alph after you get national dex then you go to sinjoh ruins and voila you can get plakia,dialga, or giratina newborn :3

No I transfered my Event Arceus at the start of the game in HG and got to Sinjo ruins before beating the first gym

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
    Pokewalker troubles

My friend downloaded a pokemon to her pokewalker, se restarted her game and now cant download the pokemon, is there any way of restarting the pokewalker, please pm me if you know how to solve this problem, thank you :D

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
    The PokeWalker

Right Im curious how this works cause im not 100% sure

On serbii https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#refreshingfield

Theres 3 groups,
    1 exclamation mark for group (C)
    2 exclamation marks for group (B)
    3 exclamation marks for group (A)

And for each group there are 2 pokemon.
    So does this mean that when you first connect to the PokeWalker, it picks 1 pokemon from from each group?

If so, would the pokemon change everytime you connect.
    Or would the pokemon change every day, when midnight comes.

Unsure if that makes much sense but thanks for anyhelp you can give

~
    Woody

Years
    Right Im curious how this works cause im not 100% sure

On serbii https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#refreshingfield

Theres 3 groups,
    1 exclamation mark for group (C)
    2 exclamation marks for group (B)
    3 exclamation marks for group (A)

And for each group there are 2 pokemon.
    So does this mean that when you first connect to the PokeWalker, it picks 1 pokemon from from each group?

If so, would the pokemon change everytime you connect.
    Or would the pokemon change every day, when midnight comes.

Unsure if that makes much sense but thanks for anyhelp you can give

~
    Woody
    One Pokémon from each group is randomly chosen when you sync the Pokéwalker with the DS.

Years
    Completing my pokedex

I have almost completed my pokedex on HG with only 15 pokemon left to see, only problem 3 of them are chikorita and its evolved form, i chose a typhlosion and only saw totodile through my rival but is there anyway besides trade (as im sorting out my internet connection) to find chikorita and all evolutions?

Back