• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I have almost completed my pokedex on HG with only 15 pokemon left to see, only problem 3 of them are chikorita and its evolved form, i chose a typhlosion and only saw totodile through my rival but is there anyway besides trade (as im sorting out my internet connection) to find chikorita and all evolutions?

only way i know is would be Action Replay ^^"

but maybe a friend who lives nearby can help ^_~

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    Can you find shinies on Soul Silver on a bike and running or do you have to be walking

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    You can be doing either. It's really just a very random chance of encountering one.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Hey
    Can you find shinies on Soul Silver on a bike and running or do you have to be walking

It doesnt matter whether you are biking or walking
    but if you havent found any yet dont worry, legit shinies (found in the wild) are incredibly rare, almost all shinies are hacked

ok i'm not counting all the people who said they found shinies b4 they could get pokeballs, because if that was true shinies would be a lot less rare

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    If I trained a Pokemon in the Pokethalon then traded it to Pearl version to do some contests, what would happen to the Pokethalon stuff when I traded it back?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    You folks probably get this alot, but I'm going against the elite 4 my first time on HG but I keep losing because the dark type trainer's "Houndoom" one hits all my pokemon incl. my lvl 57 Haunter. Where's a good place to train, and might anyone give this poor trainer some advice?

Thanks,

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    You folks probably get this alot, but I'm going against the elite 4 my first time on HG but I keep losing because the dark type trainer's "Houndoom" one hits all my pokemon incl. my lvl 57 Haunter. Where's a good place to train, and might anyone give this poor trainer some advice?

Thanks,
    The best place to train before the Elite Four would be Victory Road. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Hi guys,I wanna know if it is possible to trade PKM from SoulSilver to Platinum for example via nosgba emulator on pc...thx for answers....

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    So what should I do?

I just started pokemon heartgold. i got a ditto and a jolteon.I left them at the daycare to get some eggs but the daycare raised my jolteon from lvl 10 to 20 and his stats are now ruined...
    should i get a new jolteon and raise it right?

Years
    The daycare doesn't affect IV/EV, so I don't think there's any problem. Just EV grind it if you want? Unless your Jolteon has bad IVs..

Or are you referring to moves?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    It's the other way around. Jirachi unlocks the Night Skys Edge Route if you trade it to HG/SS.

ok does the route unlock as soon as you trade the night sky Jirachi over to HG/SS or do you have to do something first

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You have to put Jirachi into your Pokewalker and pick the route. After you're on the route for the first time, you can put Jirachi back into your game, and then pick any Pokemon you want to put into the route.

Years
    hmm since i didnt get a answer for the last question im gonna ask again and include another one
    I want to switch my nidorino for another pokemon but i dont know what one
    and should i use my pidgeot or a crobat?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    hmm since i didnt get a answer for the last question im gonna ask again and include another one
    I want to switch my nidorino for another pokemon but i dont know what one
    and should i use my pidgeot or a crobat?

It'd help if you posted your team.
    But for the 2nd question, crobat. Just because he has a higher stat total, VERY high speed, and can learn good TM moves. In my previous run of HG, my crobat knew fly, confuse ray, u-turn, and cross poison, which made him unstoppable.

Back