• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but will a Substitute from Mr. Mime with Filter receive less damage from a super effective hit, or is it just when Mr. Mime itself is hit?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I'm trying to get a gible for my new team to beat red but can you abuse the ds clock to get the 100 days or do I need to have patience and keep training in the meanwhile.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm trying to get a gible for my new team to beat red but can you abuse the ds clock to get the 100 days or do I need to have patience and keep training in the meanwhile.
    I assume you mean the safari zone, and the item placement. The answer is no, you don't get to put items in there until you board the boat for Kanto. And no, you can't trick the ds clock into thinking 100 days has passed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    Desirable Breedables?

so im trying to make a list of things i can breed. but have no idea of what to list? i can think of the starters, evees, kangshkans, manaphy. but what else would you consider a desirable breedable?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Chansey. I can't believe I haven't started doing that yet. And anything that is exclusive to the Safari Zone. I'd say version exclusives but it would be faster recatching them because they are usually common. Just anything that does breed, which is rare and hard to catch, and isn't one of those ones like Beldum that are obtained with ease once you get to a certain point. I assume these will be traded?

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    Question- can pokemon that have had the exp multiplyer cheat used on them be detected by gts and tornaments?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    Need Training Advice

Ok so, I just beat Clair and got my extremespeed Dratini, and I'm about to fight Kimono girls, but my Pokemons are too weak right now - I trained at least a dozen at this point... Don't ask why.

Anyways my team atm is

Charmeleon Lv25
    Gabite Lv39
    Gyarados Lv30
    Gengar Lv34
    Machamp Lv31
    Alakazam Lv31

What's a good training spot for me to reach somewhat near Lv50 levels with this team? so that I can beat the Girls, the Elite four and get on with this game lol.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Ice Path, Cliff Cave, Whirl Islands. Heck, the third is where I trained for a week before facing the lv. 47 tank.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Ok so, I just beat Clair and got my extremespeed Dratini, and I'm about to fight Kimono girls, but my Pokemons are too weak right now - I trained at least a dozen at this point... Don't ask why.

Anyways my team atm is

Charmeleon Lv25
    Gabite Lv39
    Gyarados Lv30
    Gengar Lv34
    Machamp Lv31
    Alakazam Lv31

What's a good training spot for me to reach somewhat near Lv50 levels with this team? so that I can beat the Girls, the Elite four and get on with this game lol.

You should be able to beat the Kimono Girls, since their pokes are only on level 38. Just lead with Machamp because I think the first girl you face has Umbreon.

After them, training becomes easier.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Hey guys quick question i got here. When Ev training it good to kill the 2nd from of the monster to get more points right? Example of that would be, if I'm killing Geodudes for Defense points and a Graveler shows up which gives 2 points in to Defense it adds up to my ev points as well correct?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Hey guys quick question i got here. When Ev training it good to kill the 2nd from of the monster to get more points right? Example of that would be, if I'm killing Geodudes for Defense points and a Graveler shows up which gives 2 points in to Defense it adds up to my ev points as well correct?
    In most cases, yes, but some evolutions give different EVs. Magikarp = 1 Speed but Gyarados = 2 Attack. Starly = 1 Speed, Staravia = 2 Speed, Staraptor = 3 Attack, and so on.
    In Geodude's case, though, you don't need to worry about that, even if you run into a trainer with a Golem. Geodude = 1 Defense, Graveler = 2, Golem = 3.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    In a bit of a pickle here, trying to find the item Life Orb and when i look it up it says it's in the bottom left of the Ruins Of Alph. Is it outside of the Ruins or inside?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    In a bit of a pickle here, trying to find the item Life Orb and when i look it up it says it's in the bottom left of the Ruins Of Alph. Is it outside of the Ruins or inside?
    When you solve the Ho-Oh puzzle and have it as the lead in your party, it should be in that room along with a few other things.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Whoa, can i even get Oh-Oh in SS?
    Nah, the game masters are eeeeevil and anybody who bought SS can't get Life Orb or the Revival Herb, Leppa Berry or Charcoal. ;D

You can get a level 70 Ho-oh after you get the Rainbow Wing in Pewter City, it'll be on top of the Bell Tower.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    If I re-battle the Elite Four, would the Pokemon that I used appear in the Hall of Fame and remove the older ones that I used in the past?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    If I re-battle the Elite Four, would the Pokemon that I used appear in the Hall of Fame and remove the older ones that I used in the past?

The Hall of Fame records the team data from multiple victories, so a rematch would add the new team to the list, and not remove the previous team you used. However, I'm unsure about how many Pokémon League victories the Hall of Fame keeps a record of before it starts to remove the older team data.

Back