• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    I'm in a bit of trouble in the game.
    I've just arrived in Kanto in vermillion city. My pokemon, feraligatr and togekiss are lvl 51 and 48. I lack types and moves, my friends always says that I need more pokemon in my party- so I tried out Mamoswine. After trying to find out for an hour on the internet how to get ancientpower, he is underlevel. In addition, I have also added a scyther now holding a metal coat (will be traded tomorrow).

Mamoswine - lvl 38
    Scyther - lvl 28

I'm having a lot of trouble leveling them up and the exp share isn't doing any good- rebattling the elite 4 is not viable either and I am not looking for EV points on the way because it would be a waste of time considering their natures (I know I know, I'm going to look for good ones when I finish the game). So please help me find a way how to level those two up to a decent level of maybe 50. My Mamoswine can almost wipe out Lt. Surge's gym, but I need to get him to the status quo.
    Thanks to anyone who beholds a good way of training. (rate me)

How about putting your pokemon into the daycare centre? And walk around loads to level them up faster? Just a thought.. :nervous:

Years
    i looked on the help thread but it really didnt help with ev training tbh..

i have a zubat, gastly, and a treecko. i was told for zubat max his speed and his attk, and do speed and spec attk for gastly and treecko.

they all have pokerus and i can get the ev helping items like anklets and stuff from the battle dome.

now if i take crobat for example, and i give him 10 carbos to raise his speed up to 100 EV, then i give him power anklet. and i fight magikarps. 1 + 4(anklet) x 2(pokerus) = 10 spd ev per magikarp right? so 16 magikarps will give me 252 speed ev right?

once i have my 252 speed ev.. when i lvl up, do i have to repeat this process again? or do they keep the ev and just keep lvling up

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    once i have my 252 speed ev.. when i lvl up, do i have to repeat this process again? or do they keep the ev and just keep lvling up

No, you only need to do it once. But you won't get all the stats bonuses immediately; you will (automatically) slowy get those on your way to 100 (and by level 100 you will have all the stat bonuses).

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    now if i take crobat for example, and i give him 10 carbos to raise his speed up to 100 EV, then i give him power anklet. and i fight magikarps. 1 + 4(anklet) x 2(pokerus) = 10 spd ev per magikarp right? so 16 magikarps will give me 252 speed ev right?
    Yep. Pokerus doubles whatever EVs you get after you add in items. If you fought Staravias for example, it would be (2+4)x2 = 12 EVs per Staravia. 152/12 = 12 2/3 Staravia you'd need to kill.
    With Magikarp, it's (1+4)x2 = 10 EVs per kill; 152/10 = 15 1/5 Magikarps.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    I have just reached Lugia and I have tried around 6 times to catch it but I keep failing :(
    I use electric moves to bring its health right down to the lowest HP I can then I try using Ultra balls & normal Pokéballs to catch it , yet it doesn't work . I have came soo close many times . Can anyone suggest something else that I can do please ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    you have a few ways.
    Use dusk balls, since you are in a cave its effect should be maximum.
    You can also send out a slow pokemon and use fast balls on it. I did this with mewtwo and I caught it with my first one.
    Also try to cripple it. Paralyze, sleep etc

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Thanks very much for the help :)
    If you exit the cave to purchase some Duskballs , will Lugia still be there when I return ??

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks very much for the help :)
    If you exit the cave to purchase some Duskballs , will Lugia still be there when I return ??

yes it will mate ^_^

also use flash to lower its accuracy
    i caught mine with a single normal pokeball
    after using the flash til it wouldnt work, thunder wave, then lowin its health in the red ^_^

Years
    Hey,

I have been looking into RNGing to start hatching some shiny pokemon but I need help obtaining my secret ID.

I don't have an AR and I haven't caught a shiny pokemon before, is there anyway someone can help me in finding out what my secret ID is please?

Thanks in advance

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    yes it will mate ^_^

also use flash to lower its accuracy
    i caught mine with a single normal pokeball
    after using the flash til it wouldnt work, thunder wave, then lowin its health in the red ^_^

Thank you for the help :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^Don't forget about the Fighting Type as well - that too is strong against Dark. And...Dark isn't super-effective against Dark. =P

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Simple question guys, what level do you think i should level my Growlithe at? I was thinking before 39 since i want to learn ExtremeSpeed.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Well, it really depends on your final moveset. Though since I'm the one who bred it for you (xD), I know you already have Flare Blitz. Unless you need Crunch, Agility, or Heat Wave, I'd say evolving early is not a problem. But as for when to evolve for Extremespeed, keep in mind you can use a Heart Scale to relearn it if you evolve it into Arcanine passed level 39. So don't worry about missing out on that move...just worry about what of Growlithe's moves you might miss out on if you evolve too early.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Well, it really depends on your final moveset. Though since I'm the one who bred it for you (xD), I know you already have Flare Blitz. Unless you need Crunch, Agility, or Heat Wave, I'd say evolving early is not a problem. But as for when to evolve for Extremespeed, keep in mind you can use a Heart Scale to relearn it if you evolve it into Arcanine passed level 39. So don't worry about missing out on that move...just worry about what of Growlithe's moves you might miss out on if you evolve too early.
    Well since you're so awesome-sauce you gave me crunch as well xP thinking about getting flamethrower tho, after that i think it will be time.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Well since you're so awesome-sauce you gave me crunch as well xP thinking about getting flamethrower tho, after that i think it will be time.

Well, you can always use a TM to learn Flamethrower, but I guess having Growlithe learn it via level-up would save you from dealing with the Game Corner. -_-

And you may want to look into Fire Blast and Overheat as well. Just need to think about what's more important for your Arcanine: reliability or power?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Can someone tell me the best place to train for red other than elite4.
    and i have defeated all the trainers in johto annd kanto

mount silver works for me ^_^
    but you could also try dragons den (the pokemon are low, but still give nice bit of experience, well the dratinis do :P )
    also victory road is useful ^_^

Back