• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
  • Nope. There might be something about moving a Manaphy Egg over from Ranger, dunno what games that's in though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yup you can give the manaphy egg to Platinum and then trade that with HG/SS requiring you have two DS's and wifi access.
    You actually don't need Wi-Fi access; the only time you actually need it is when the person you're trading with is far away from you. So just having 2 DSs with you is fine.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I've heard no from others who have tried (though second-hand accounts, so...) The only way to tell is to check it on the status screen after you receive it.

I know for a fact because I have done it myself, that when you are choosing a starter it will show if it is shiny or not on the screen when you are choosing them. You don't have to wait to go to the status screen to check. When I was soft resetting for my shiny totodile it showed on the screen when I was still clicking through pokeballs of the different starters.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I know for a fact because I have done it myself, that when you are choosing a starter it will show if it is shiny or not on the screen when you are choosing them. You don't have to wait to go to the status screen to check. When I was soft resetting for my shiny totodile it showed on the screen when I was still clicking through pokeballs of the different starters.

This option is only for HG&SS right?
    And i tried to get a shiny Cyndaquil but i don't have too much patient to do the SR. :D

Years
  • Am getting lost in the larger caves of HGSS.

Anyone know of a website with picture maps or verbal navigation directives?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Am getting lost in the larger caves of HGSS.

Anyone know of a website with picture maps or verbal navigation directives?
    Didn't find any images, but Marriland does have a pretty good walkthrough for the game. You can find the name of the cave you're in on the left hand side, and then follow it from there. I hope this helps you out though; I know how frustrating caves can get. -_-

[Link]

Years
  • Whereabouts is the best place to train a fire pokemon in HG.
    Can only access areas before the E4.
    Looking to train Growlithe up a bit before I get there.
    Lapras I can train in Victory Road and Ampharos I can train as I surf around.

Years
  • Whereabouts is the best place to train a fire pokemon in HG.
    Can only access areas before the E4.
    Looking to train Growlithe up a bit before I get there.
    Lapras I can train in Victory Road and Ampharos I can train as I surf around.

I raise every pokemon in the game, so I've had to come up with a good way to train the pokes that are hard to lv at a point in the game (like your growlithe). :

all you need is your lapras, an exp share, and your growlithe. go into victory road and walk around, having lapras at the front of your party and growlithe holding an exp share.
    Spoiler:
    just battle the pokemon that show up with your lapras. since victory road is full of pokemon that are weak to water (besides golbat, but that's what the smoke ball's for; to escape quickly), it'll only take one hit to kill the gravelers and onixs. and the donphans if lapras is strong enough (if it's not, run from donphans too until you get it strong enough).

this will help raise your lapras and growlithe.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    A word of advice about the above advice, which is incredibly good - Lapras is a dual type Water/Ice pokemon. Therefore, it learns Ice moves which also benefit from the STAB bonus. Golbat are weak to Ice. Teach it an ice move, and you can kill every pokemon you meet in Victory Road.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, you're right, it isn't worth as much....however, it's seems a waste to run from all them encounters...also, the more Golbat you battle, the faster your pokemon get...whilst this isn't so important on Lapras, Growlithe will also get the EVs, and it's very important for him.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Hey guys, just a reminder. Let's leave the thread for more questions and answers rather than "thank yous" or strayed chit-chat. You can save those for VMs or PMs.

...Who knows, you may meet a new friend a long the way. :]

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • I've been trying to EV train my Gible and my Bagon using the Advanced Individual Value & Stat Calculator at https://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html. I put in the following information:
    Pokémon Species: Gible
    Spoiler:

but I got this error:

Gible Lv.20 does not compute!
    HP (60) should be 53 to 59.
    The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate.

what gives?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I've been trying to EV train my Gible and my Bagon using the Advanced Individual Value & Stat Calculator at https://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html. I put in the following information:
    Pokémon Species: Gible
    Spoiler:

but I got this error:

Gible Lv.20 does not compute!
    HP (60) should be 53 to 59.
    The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate.

what gives?
    Are you sure that you got the Effort Values right. I doubt it, though. Check the EV's again.

Back