• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Might depend, but I do recall having deleted a card before actually using it (a PBR one). Unless I'm talking crazy of course.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Might depend, but I do recall having deleted a card before actually using it (a PBR one). Unless I'm talking crazy of course.

Was it an item? I do recall trying to delete a Wonder Card before receiving the Pokemon associated with it, but being unable to... It may work differently for items though...

But yeah, if it *does* end up giving you the choice to delete the Wonder Card before receiving the Pokemon... then don't do it, so you don't lost the Pokemon. :P

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Quick question, I saved just before the Suicune battle and I want a shiny, so can I just soft reset from here or was it decided earlier on in Burned Tower whether it was shiny or not?

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Quick question, I saved just before the Suicune battle and I want a shiny, so can I just soft reset from here or was it decided earlier on in Burned Tower whether it was shiny or not?

You can still soft reset for a shiny Suicune, it does not decide at the burned tower.
    Happy Soft Resetting.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Hey you guys,

I've done almost everything in my SS game, (except complete the Pokedex, and I have done the Battle Frontier numerous times) and I was wondering, should I restart my game? I'd need someone to hold onto all my level 100s, but, should I?

Thanks for any help I get (:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If you want to start a new adventure there's no reason not to, especially if you have someone to safekeep the Pokemon you wish to keep. (Don't forget other stuff like the Pokealthon and Safari zone too though, but you can always do those in a new file anyways). Also note that all the course on the pokewalker will be gone so you'd be starting that over as well.

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
  • Is the 2nd switch after the 1st switch in the Vermillion City Gym right next to it? Cause I talked to one of the trainers and it said it was next to it, but it wasn't for me.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, it will potentially be to the left, right or above or below it - one of those positions right next to the 1st switch, and they both reset if you guess wrongly. Try looking for the switch in corners/sides then to limit the chance of picking the wrong bin, I guess.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • Hey, quick question here.

Don't you get anything for seeing the 254 Pokemon of the Johto Dex? Not even a "Congratulations" from Oak?

(Mods, I'm quite sure I already asked that question here but I can't find it anywhere...)

Years
  • Ok. I've been trying to find a spinark in heart gold version for at least two hours in New bark town on the trees. I have no luck finding. Is there any other way to find it. I mean I found it once and it killed it by accident.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • Ok. I've been trying to find a spinark in heart gold version for at least two hours in New bark town on the trees. I have no luck finding. Is there any other way to find it. I mean I found it once and it killed it by accident.

Near the Apricorns and the twins, at that route between The National Park and Ecruteak City.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Yeah, hi.

I just hatched around 4 Eevee eggs, right? I've checked their stats, and they're in a mixture of 6, 5, 6, 6, 6. Does this mean that they're ''almost perfect'', or whatever? I'd like to know ^^

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Yeah, hi.

I just hatched around 4 Eevee eggs, right? I've checked their stats, and they're in a mixture of 6, 5, 6, 6, 6. Does this mean that they're ''almost perfect'', or whatever? I'd like to know ^^

A good way to check is have an IV battle with someone over wifi and use an IV calculator to work out the IVs. You could also ask the man at the Battle Tower to see what is Eevee's best IV.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Yeah, hi.

There Eevee's actual stats. Iv's are the one's your on about.

Iv calculator can help you find out it's IV's.

Back