• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    what is the use of apricons?
    Apricorns can be taken to Kurt in Azalea Town and he'll make custom Poké Balls for you (in other words, types of Poké Balls that cannot be bought in shops). Different coloured apricorns get you different types of Poké Balls.

They can also be used at the Pokéathlon Dome to make Aprijuice, a drink that will make your Pokémon better at certain aspects of Pokéathlon events.

Hope this helped :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    thanks, are these custom balls better than the ones sold in market?

Where can buy elixir/ether?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Some custom balls are better in situations - for instance the heavy ball is terrible for light Pokemon but is great for trying to catch heavy Pokemon. Certainly worth getting as you encounter Apricorns all over the place and grow back daily.

You cannot buy Ether/Elixer in stores, unfortunately, but you can grow certain berries that restore PP via the berry grower if you happen to get them (maybe by say trading shards with people such as the guy in Violet City?)

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    What levels should my Pokemon be when I fight the Elite 4 the second time?
    You should be at least lvl. 60+ but yesterday I beat the 2nd Elite Four with very underleveled pokemon.

Here's what I beat it with:
    Lvl. 55 Starmie
    Lvl. 54 Scizor
    Lvl. 52 Ampharos
    Lvl. 52 Typhlosion
    Lvl. 56 Absol
    Lvl. 49 Crobat

It depends on what pokemon you choose and what kind of moves do you have that are useful in the Elite Four. 2 moves that helped me A LOT were Haze for Karen's pokemon and Will-o-Wisp for Lance's pokemon.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    quick question! can a friend and I wifi double battle team against random people?

If you're referring to a WiFi four way tag-team battle, then unfortunately you can't. Which kinda sucks :\ You can only do that locally (DS Communications).

You can however battle tag-team in the Battle Tower over WiFi, if that's any consolation.

pokemanoscar

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Pokewalker Trouble!

Hey guys i'm having a bit of trouble and wanted to get your views. On my Pokewalker, I have a Bronzor. Which is fine but ive never put a Bronzor and when I went to the Pokewalker screen it says that I dont have a Bronzor on there. Can anyone help?

HG/SS Help Thread
    HG/SS Help Thread

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Bronzor probably joined you when you were walking. It happens all the time to me, so it's just natural. No worries, and you should be happy that now you have a Bronzor! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    does anyone have a bagon they're willing to trade? or does anyone know a trainer in-game with a bagon or shellgon? thank you.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    does anyone have a bagon they're willing to trade? or does anyone know a trainer in-game with a bagon or shellgon? thank you.

This isn't really the right place to ask for trades. Trying asking in the trading forum; you'll probably find someone willing to trade there. ^^;;

Also, I'm pretty sure Bagon or Shellgon don't appear anywhere in-game in HGSS aside from the Safari Zone.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think he meant an in-game trainer so he could view it and ask over GTS...

Sadly, all I know is that Lance has a Salamence.

Try the routes from Cinnabar Island to Fuchsia City, then up to Lavender Town...they seem to have good pokémon diversity among trainers.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    This may be a right-off-the-bat question, but it sparked my interest a little. :P
    If you were to encounter a standing legendary Pokemon, which just happens to be shiny, does the overworld sprite appear shiny?

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    This may be a right-off-the-bat question, but it sparked my interest a little. :P
    If you were to encounter a standing legendary Pokemon, which just happens to be shiny, does the overworld sprite appear shiny?

Nope, it doesn't. D:
    I tried RNG'ing for a Shiny Rayquaza, but it's just green. >_>
    HOWEVER, you can walk with it and still is Shiny overworld-ly~~ <3 <3

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    A few months ago, while using my PokeWalker, I lost it an dit's nowhere to be found.

If I buy SoulSilver, can I link up the PokeWalker in it with my HeartGold (The One With The Lost PokeWalker) or will it only work for the game I bought it with?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    It can link to your Heart Gold, don't worry. But once it's linked and you try to link it to your Soul Silver it will delete the PokeWalker Data.

Years
    Hey guys i'm having a bit of trouble and wanted to get your views. On my Pokewalker, I have a Bronzor. Which is fine but ive never put a Bronzor and when I went to the Pokewalker screen it says that I dont have a Bronzor on there. Can anyone help?

HG/SS Help Thread
    HG/SS Help Thread
    In order to get the Bronzor to your game you need to select the receive gift option.

Back