• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    So your son needs the Groudon from embedded tower correct? What the hell, I'll give him mine if you still need it? I haven't been on my SoulSilver awhile and I think I still have it. :)

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Erm, im pretty sure you need to get a Groudon from SoulSilver, and with a Red orb. If he used a GTS to get Groudon, its possible the person he got it from migrated it from Ruby or Emerald. Or it could have been hacked.

Latias/Latios have no effect over the gameplay, other than you catching them.. And using them to your hearts desire.

If the Groudon he has now is not from a SS game, you might want to..Erm...Get a SoulSilver game and beat it, and then trade it over from that. Or you can peruse the trade section of the forums for one from an SS game ^_^.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    We don't have Soul silver. Cody is playing HG on his DS...but it is a DSI and it does have Wirless internet here at home can he trade for the Groudon here with his DSI online?

And just to be sure I understand...the only way he can get Rayquaza is to have a Groudon from SS???
    There is no other way...??? I really don't want him to get in the habit of cheating. I think it takes away all the satisfaction of doing it himself.

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    It has to be a Groudon from Soul Silver, yes. Any other groudon will not work. :/

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    You know what this is called ...EXTORTION!
    LOL

Well at least he knows now that it is nothing he is or isn't doing.
    Guess we need to buy SS.

Actually, HG is his very first Pokemon game.
    Should he start from the beginning?
    He is begging me for Black/White... but I wonder if he needs to understand ALLLLL of the games so far before he can understand the current games.

He is only 9...but has a near miraculuos memory and Pokemon has been his obsession since Christmas.

Okay...we'll be back.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We don't have Soul silver. Cody is playing HG on his DS...but it is a DSI and it does have Wireless internet here at home can he trade for the Groudon here with his DSI online?
    Yes, as long as that wireless internet is compatible with the DS (if he has not tried it yet the manual tells you all about how to set it up via the game's main menu and the Nintendo website also tells you all sort of info on what routers work the DS and what settings they need should you run into any problems with that). There's the Wifi Center's Trade Corner subsection's Quick Trade thread for quick trades so he can get his Groudon from there (but someone above has already offered to trade his to boot, so!)

But yes, the Groudon needs to be from an SS game (they wanted to promote trading between the then most 'current' versions of the games to unlock I suppose, hence the restriction).

Anyways, this should be in the Help thread - as I think more questions may yet come I'll merge this thread there so you can continue the discussion thre. Good luck!

EDIT:
    Actually, HG is his very first Pokemon game.
    Should he start from the beginning?
    He is begging me for Black/White... but I wonder if he needs to understand ALLLLL of the games so far before he can understand the current games.
    No need to restart it, nor is there a need to 100% beat previous games to enjoy the current ones either.
    Well at least he knows now that it is nothing he is or isn't doing.
    Guess we need to buy SS.
    No need to either - as said, you can trade with someone on the forums with the game to get the Groudon caught in someon else's SS version.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What should i do to wake up Snorlax?
    You'll have to do the Power Plant subquest first. You start it at the Power Plant east of Cerulean/near northern entrance of the Rock Tunnel - not too hard to follow from there. After that (taken from the FAQ thread here):
    Snorlax - complete the Power Plant sidequest in Kanto first. Then go to the Radio Tower in Lavender Town, and talk to the owner. Now you will be able to play radio channels in Kanto. Go to Snorlax (outside Diglett Cave, Vermillion City side) and manually select the Pokeflute channel on the Pokegear Radio - it is towards the top, and a touch on the left side. Exit the menu and examine the Snorlax, which will awake and battle you at level 50.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm trying to spread the pokerus to my corphsis and it is not working. What are other options?
    Other options...? There's only one way to spread Pokerus - have a Pokemon with the spreadable form as your leading Pokemon and battle with it against wild pokes, say, with the Pokemon you want to get Pokerus in your party. It may only take one battle or it may take several - matter of luck in that regard, but just keep battling until it spreads sooner or later.

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • I currently wanna transfer some pokemon from my Platinum to HG/SS and I was wondering as on HG/SS I only have 6 badges if I evolve say a Buizel into a Floatzel before I get a national dex, will it be recognised as owned when I am given a national dex as I really dont want to have to breed a load of pokemon I am planning to use in lower level battles againt my friend whos playing at the same pace as me. So in simplicity can any pokemon you have evolved before the national dex still be seen as caught or do you need to get them again when the dex is upgraded.

Thanks

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • I just lost my HeartGold cartdrige. What happens to my Pokéwalker? I'm thinking about getting HG or SS on Gamestop, but will the Pokéwalker work with the new game?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • No, the pokewalker will only register with the game it started off. The new game wont have a record of sending that pokemon, and so will delete the data on the pokewalker.

Hopefully you'll find the HG cartridge, or else the poke is lost.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • More than the Poke (was a normal Eevee, I have countless of those on Platinum), I'm concerned about the Pokewalker itself. I use it a lot daily, it's always attached to my belt. There is no way to register it with the new game?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Well, I think you can use the pokewalker with the new HG/SS. Im not sure about that. but you do get another pokewalker from HG/SS if you buy it, right?
    Oh yes, you can't use two pokewalkers per game at one time, in case you were thinking that.

Back