• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS is the best game since G/S/C?

Is HG/SS the best game since G/S/C?

• Yes

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Tied

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • No, I hated both.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    I tend to agree with this statement. I just bought this game today, and an hour into it im extremely addicted xD. I love it...very well worth the money.

The question is: Do you agree that this is the best series of games since G/S/C? If not, what do you think is the best series?

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I think it is, but then I would say that, because my favourite games were the G/S/C era. :)

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I liked the Ruby and Sapphire games more than this one, maybe because it was a new adventure and I did not know what to expect.
    But SoulSilver and HeartGold are better than Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I dont think ill ever be as excited about a poke game like i was when ruby came out..it was WAY beyond anything we had seen before

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I preferred Ruby & Sapphire over this. Not a big fan of the remake, I like the walk along feature. And pokewalker was nice. But I have heard a lot of people complain that it takes forever to level up and there is not many good training areas.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Hmm... While the Poke'mon games are some of my favorite games of all time, I don't really have a favorite among them. They all have great points, but also weak. I would have to say, however, that platinum is my least favorite. It's really fun, but lacks something...
    I guess Johto is just really awesome because you get to go to Kanto.
    Plus, with the running button, two selects, and the fact that it's the most up to date, and has all the new pokemon in it, so actually, I would have to say heartgold is my favorite. I just wish it was easier to level up. It reminds me of when I couldn't train for my life, with me being ten levels underneith everyone.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    No, it isn't, because then I'd be admitting that G/S/C is better then D/P/Pt, which is my favorite. But they are the best games in the series, I must say. The plot is a bit thin, but it's nice to be back in Johto and Kanto with some of the most beautiful graphics I've seen, some pretty cool menus and other things. The only game(s) that could top it are Black and White, which I heard from someone's friend was a LOT better then the trailers made it seem.

But I'm getting off topic. Updated G/S/C is win, Lyra is win, new graphics are win... I can't think of a negative, except the plot, actually.

.Hoenn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    I kinda liked Kris better. Lyra's hat and outfit is just kinda weird.

OK, so we girls first got to play as lyra, then they take her out?!?! I mean, I lost a lot of respect from GameFreak from that :(

Alto Mare

Legendary Trainer
    Years
    Yes I agree... And it is SOOmuch better than diamond and pearl for some reason i just hated those games too much stupid girly extra stuff like the talent contests and the poffins

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    HG/SS are MUCH better than DPPt...
    I agree that its the best Pokemon game ever since GSC, but we gotta consider its still GSC itself.
    I love them, some criticize that HG/SS weren't made with the same passion or love that constructed the originals... But I think that being GSC the best Pokemon games ever, the people that worked for HG/SS were pretty excited... and it's pretty nostalgic to back into the GSC era. HG/SS Reminded me of when I first bought Silver when I was a little kid :)
    So awesome...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I've no complains for any games.
    All of them are good in my opinions, can see how much efforts are put in each games.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    It definitely is. My favorite Pokemon games were G/S/C, and even though HG/SS don't beat them, they are the best SINCE then.

Years
    I completely agree with this. G/S/C was always my favourite generation anyway, and the enhancements make to them for HG/SS only improved the experience. The added mini-story involving the Kimono Girls that unfolds as you play, the much-improved menu system, the addition of the Safari Zone and many other things all worked together to make the remakes better than the originals.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I like them all. However, these are the major plus points for me:

- Really aesthetically-appealing graphics, such as slopes, etc.
    - Cutscenes like Fr/Lg
    - Good music, particularly Kanto (Viridian Forest and Saffron City, anyone?)
    - Pokemon following.
    - Safari Zone! God, if they'd made others anywhere near as good, I might've used them....especially brilliant when compared with Pastoria's Great Marsh in Sinnoh.
    - The Pokedex. Easy to navigate, contains all Gen I and II pokemon, and a 5 evolutions....I just like it.
    - The pokemon. Generally, whilst I like some later generations pokemon, despite starting from Gen III I prefer Gen I/II pokemon (probably because I got the pokemon annual 2000, which had the first 251 pokemon in it, and got really excited every time I saw one of those in my games).
    - The random order you can do gyms 5-7!

However, Lyra really irritates me, I do wish I could delete contacts (I don't want anybody who isn't either really strong, or going to give me evolutionary stones), and the focus seems to be on Kanto pokemon. Falkner could've had Hoothoot and Noctowl, Bugsy could've used Heracross, etc.etc. although Chuck having a Poliwrath and Primeape pleased me simply because I like how challenging Poliwrath is.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    Well, I like them all. However, these are the major plus points for me:

- Really aesthetically-appealing graphics, such as slopes, etc.
    - Cutscenes like Fr/Lg
    - Good music, particularly Kanto (Viridian Forest and Saffron City, anyone?)
    - Pokemon following.
    - Safari Zone! God, if they'd made others anywhere near as good, I might've used them....especially brilliant when compared with Pastoria's Great Marsh in Sinnoh.
    - The Pokedex. Easy to navigate, contains all Gen I and II pokemon, and a 5 evolutions....I just like it.
    - The pokemon. Generally, whilst I like some later generations pokemon, despite starting from Gen III I prefer Gen I/II pokemon (probably because I got the pokemon annual 2000, which had the first 251 pokemon in it, and got really excited every time I saw one of those in my games).
    - The random order you can do gyms 5-7!

However, Lyra really irritates me, I do wish I could delete contacts (I don't want anybody who isn't either really strong, or going to give me evolutionary stones), and the focus seems to be on Kanto pokemon. Falkner could've had Hoothoot and Noctowl, Bugsy could've used Heracross, etc.etc. although Chuck having a Poliwrath and Primeape pleased me simply because I like how challenging Poliwrath is.

I agree with everything you said...ahahaha...and Lyra deserves to get hit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    I like it but I don't feel like many people play it. I loved G/S/C but I also liked R/S because I understood it more.

Back