• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS vs Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    so got a DS today.... after fire red, which one should I play? Which is the better game, offers more content?

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • Get Black & White. Theyr'e seriously awesome, and if you missed out on the fourth gen, there's no use going back to it. Trust me, the new games are the greatest yet.

Noob out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Thanks :) Wanted to get myself back into the series with an old one then go to black, do you know if they are making any new games or are black and white the last Pokemon games?

Years
  • if your looking to get a gen 4 game than i suggest HG/SS over platinum, after the main story there is a whole lot more to do in HG/SS than there is in platinum

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's...a matter of opinion and there is not real 'right' option - some prefer platinum, and some prefer HGSS. Certainly though B/W doesn't make any of the 4th gen games redundent (especially as you can migrate over Pokemon from them to the 5th gen anyways) and they're both fun games in their own right too (some would say better than B/W too inaspects/overall). I can't say there is much right with the phrase' no point going back to them' because of B/W - never stopped people playing 1st/2nd/3rd gen games and what reason do you need beyond 'they're fun games'? =p

If you have the money and/or time or whatnot I'd recommnd trying both, really. As for what they offer with content, besides the usual beat all the gym leaders/plot and becom the champion and catch-them-all including legendaries and making a team for wifi battling, Platinum has Contests, the Safari Zone, Game Corner and the Battle Frontier notably, while HGSS has its own Safari Zone, a differeent game in its Game Corner, Pokealthon and Battle Frontier too, but notably another region to explore (so 16 gym leaders as opposed to 8).

If you have any other questions, please ask them in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back