• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS: What will the third one be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    after gold and silver was crystal but what name will they give it? any suggestions?
    body crystal
    crystal lungs (wtf?) [why not?]
    crystal breath
    crystal life
    lol

Years
    Nothing. There wasn't a third game for FRLG, so there will almost certainly be no Crystal remake. There's no need for it after all the features from Crystal that were incorporated into HGSS.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Nothing. There wasn't a third game for FRLG, so there will almost certainly be no Crystal remake. There's no need for it after all the features from Crystal that were incorporated into HGSS.
    As long as they can keep mking money they will sell.They will probobly add some new stuiped are that you need to go to for X.

Anywho I think that the name will be something like spirit crystal.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    yes, i think that pokemon at least have some sense and won't make it so close to soul - wouldnt be fair to heart ^^
    oh well, anybody wants to suggest names for fun?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There wont be a third installment for remakes dont call for it. And the theme that you guys are tying to fit it into would not work anyway. The traditional theme is Mind, Body, and Soul but Gold uses Heart! :/ what HGSS is is the Heart and Soul of Pokemon and there is no need for anything else of the sort.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    If they do make a new game. It will probally be a pokemon ranger, mystery dungeon type of thing./ They wont make a crystal Remake.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    There won't be.

Proof? They never made a ThunderYellow to compliment FireRed and LeafGreen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    No crystal remake

No. There won't be a crystal remake. Was there a yellow remake? No. No yellow remake=no crystal remake. Although, some of us can hack heart gold or soul silver to make it like crystal. But I am preety sure hacking heart gold or soul silver to be like crystal won't probally be possible until the next 2 years. I think you can only hack heart gold and soul silver by editing what pokemon are found, and what trainer has pokemon. But there really isn't any reason that nintendo should make a crystal remake, yellow remake, or us hack heart gold or soul silver to be like pokemon crystal. There is already a little bit of crystal in heart gold and soul silver anyway.

Years
    It's been said, but what the hey...
    There will not be one. There is no need for one- every extra brought in with Crystal was included in these remakes. The entire Suicune/Eusine storyline was implemented, which was one of the biggest things in Crystal. Also, not only was the Battle Tower put in, but the whole Battle Frontier was, and in the same place the Battle Tower was in Crystal. To further strengthen the unlikelihood of there not being a remake, they didn't do it for FireRed and LeafGreen, and they barely included anything new (well, the Sevii Islands, but whatever, Kanto was relatively the same). HG SS have everything plus extras, so there is no need for a third, and virtually no possibility.
    [/thread]
    damnit, something else to say... "Heart" and "Soul" both refer to "Body" and "Mind", so they've covered it, there's no name left for a Crystal remake, really.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only reason I can see this being is if they wanted to introduce Kris in the now generation but its highly unlikely.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    I'm absolutely sure that there won't be a third game. When Red and Green were remade there wasn't a remake of Yellow ... so there will not be any Crystal remake.

And if there was a Crystal remake i don't think that it will have any point. There isn't anything more to add or improve ... the games are perfect :]

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    How have people not caught on at this stage? There will be no intermediate game which is all but confirmed for two reasons:
    - The others remakes, FireRed/LeafGreen didn't get an intermediate game.
    - All of the extras from Crystal are already in HG/SS leaving nothing to add.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This sort of topic has been had before several times... and it basically comes down to the conclusion that there is little chance for a Crystal remake - FR/LG never had a third one, and everything new in Crystal that wasn't in GS is practically in HG/SS (such as the who Suicune/Eusine subplot, the main difference). Like everyone else said.

So I'll close this then, since that's the only direction discussion will take and it's been had before as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back