• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Credits - opinions?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Felt like asking - what does everyone think of the HGSS credits?

I quite like them - having the sprites walking about was quite entertaining, especially the humourous ones (like Koga still acting like a ninja XD). They seemed more entertaining than other games' credits sequences... I also loved the remixed GSC credits music (including 'The End' tune that plays if you stay on the credits for a short moment after they finish).

Your thoughts?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I found the HG/SS credits very entertaining because of the creative way the overworld sprites are used to illustrate the game's main story. I especially liked the part when the Team Rocket Executives had the Grunts following them, and there was a grunt that was trying to catch up to them.

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I've kinda forgotten the end scene seeing as I haven't played the gmae in ages...
    Oh, but I remember seeing the characters going about which was really cute.
    I miss the spinning baby Pokemon from Gold...! D:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • The thing which I loved the most about the credits was the music. Sure, the sprites were nice and all, but sometimes I beat the Elite 4 just to listen to the music in the credits. :p

However, I really loved how they "drew" the whole game in, what, like 3 minutes ? ~_~

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Haha, I think it's kind of cute. It's more of an interesting credits to watch, other than the credits in D/P. The overworlds walk around, and I loved the part when you and Lance chase the Team Rocket admins. Pretty fun to watch. I also noticed after seeing the credits once, you can press Start to skip it.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • At last another credits that I liked besides another game was what I thought of it when I first got to the credits. I'm glad that they made the credits entertaining to watch. They should do that to most games so that you don't have to just sit there waiting for the boring credits to end.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    The entire Jotho storyline sum up into a few minutes. I felt that i wasted my 9 hours.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Yeah I thought it was a nice touch to the game, even though I usually find any credits quite tedious xD

Aera

The samurai.
    Years
  • I love it, it summarizes what happened during the main story of the game. But I don't remember if they also included Red after you battled him, or no...?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • They were ok, but Koga's exit was epic. He just... vanished into thin air.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Quite frankly, I was expecting Ethan/Lyra to be riding their bike encountering pokemon just like what the MCs did in the previous game, I don't say I don't like it but... I quite prefer them biking and sight seeing. It tells you that it's 'over', but I guess it's not due to the extra quests.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Actually, I think it's great. Also summarise what happened in the last dozen hours of your playthrough. The credits sure has its humorous moments. Like, for example, that Rocket grunt that's falling behind... or anything involving Koga. Not to mention awesome music.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I really loved it. It was a really nice creative touch. I suppose since they put so much effort into making Overworld sprites in this game (more so than any other Pokémon game) it makes sense to see them play about in the credits. These are my favourite credits since the FireRed/LeafGreen ones, which I also thought were really creative.

The best bit I like here though is the music. I wouldn't dream to turn the GB Player on for that bit because the 8-bit and DS-style music are mixed together so well. I only wish they'd done that sort of thing with Red's battle (just Red's, not Lance's), then it would've been even more epic! ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Normally I don't watch the credits, I just reset the game cartridge, but the little overworld sprites looked amazing, and the entire thing was rather entertaining.

Back