• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi!b I'm new =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2013
    My name's Roy, and I'm new here =)
    Technically, I've been registered for almost a year, but I've never posted until 2 days ago.
    My name's Roy, and my super mega clever username is a combination of Roy and Pickachu. Also, when I was younger, my mom called me Roychu. adding the 'chu' or 'chuk' to short names is kind of a nickname in Israel (Take some Israeli names for example- Or ~> Orchu, Guy ~> Guychuk, Gal ~> Galchuk and so on...) so I though 'what the heck, let's use this'.
    As you may have already realized, I'm from Israel.
    I don't know anyone here yet, except ~RNC~ who generously helped me with some trades =)
    I know there are many nice people here and I hope to get to know everyone pretty soon :D
    Also some Pokemon background- I'm 18 now, been playing pokemon since I was 5-6, my grandpa and my dad took me to a toy store one day and got me a purple Gameboy Color and Pokemon Gold or my birthday. I recently got myself a 3ds and now I'm catching up with the 4th and 5th Gen games.
    As for the TCG, like everyone, when I was young I collected the cards, and I still somewhat do. I have some of my old cards, and some rare stuff, like a Shiny Noctowl card (I still remember the day I got it. Got a teeth puleld out at the dentist in a very gruesome manner, literally like it's portrayed in movies&tv, they pulled really hard and just yanked it out. Had to replace cotton balls in my mouth for hours to soak up all the blood.) and stuff, and I love them very much. I've tried the Online TCG with a friend several months ago and it was fun but I didn't have the money to buy decks and stuff.
    Also, I run a pokemon-based page on Facebook. If you wanna visit it, go to facebook.com and add "/PkmnUltimateGold" to the address bar. We've recently reached 800 fans :)
    Wow this is turning to be a long post, I hardly think anyone's gonna read it all heh.
    TL; DR- I'm Roy, 18, from Israel. LOVE Pokemon and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    I'm friendly, you can send me a message if you wanna talk =) I would be glad to add anyone on facebook if you'd like. Just PM\VM me.
    Cheers :D

Years
  • Heya Roy, welcome to PC! n~n Great to meet you!

It's great that you already have positive experiences here; we're a pretty chill forum. But ahh you're reminding me of my childhood now talking about game boys! My gameboy color was purple + see through but my gameboy advance was silver. Good old days. :D Let us know how your experiences with the fourth and fifth gen are, there should be travel journal threads in the Fourth and Fifth gen boards for you to write out your adventures as you go along. I thoroughly enjoyed HeartGold/SoulSilver and especially Black/White and Black 2/White 2, so you're going to love those as well, I'm sure. Pretty sure you'll enjoy all of our Pokemon gaming boards if you're a fan, so check 'em out! I'd especially recommend X and Y since that's a very popular area of the site right now.

Eeek.. getting your tooth pulled sounds gruesome. I was such a bad kid when it came to doctors; almost always screamed and kicked and stuff, haha. Kind of odd since I grew up to be a pretty quiet person and usually it's hard to get me to express my disdain. Dentists will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth though.. too many horrible memories. :( I had to get one tooth pulled and still occasionally have nightmares over it.

Anyway, have a great time here Roy! You seem like a wonderful person so stick around for a long while to come, all right?

Years
  • Ah Roy, welcome to PC!

I remember answering your question about the Deoxys event over in the Quick Questions thread in 5th Generation so you might remember me from there if you can recall. Cirno has probably recommended both the Fourth and Fifth Generation sections which have great topics on both generations and their respective games, D/P/Pt/HG/SS and B/W/B2/W2. I'm seen posting a lot in those sections so expect to see me around there often.

Well, I hope to see you stick around and be active and remember staff members like Cirno are happy to help you out if you need any assistance with forum-related questions. Have fun and remember I'm always here if you need a new friend!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

srinator

well hello roychu :) (awesome name though)

well i'm kind of new too (the only difference , i joined recently :P )
    so have fun and looking forward to talk to you :)

have fun ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2013
    Thanks everyone :D
    Cirno, I really admire how you take the time to reply to everyone in the welcome lounge with something other than 'hey welcome!'. That's very cool of you!

Hikari10, yeah I remember! thank you =) Once I get through the games I'll find a way to get in those forums =D

Raymond1994 & srinator, thanks guys :D I didn't think anyone would like my username heh. Glad to see I was wrong. I hope we all have a good time here :P

Last edited:
    Back