• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi Everybody

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Hello,
    Just signed up after being told about this great place :) I have just recently got back into watching the anime series of Pokemon, after a long absence from Pokemon related fun. Looking forward to getting the new game in October and backtracking through some older games. A lot of new Pokemon have come since I've been gone, so I have lots of catching up to do :D

Years
  • Hello HeartofCalcifer, and welcome to PC!

I'm glad someone told you about us, because while we may be big we are actually more than just a Pokemon forum. We're a Pokemon forum with extra awesome, like fun off-topic sections and places to show off your creative side, while still keeping to the true Pokemon topics you all know and love about PC. I understand what it's like when one leaves the Pokemon franchise for a while, only to return to hear things have changed and they missed the generations that have been introduced since, and you are no exception.

I heard you are looking forward to the upcoming Pokemon X & Y games, so why not check out our Pokemon X & Y forums here? It has loads of topics relating to the ongoing discussion and speculation about the new games. October can't come around soon enough, and which starter do you plan on using when you get the games? I'm probably gonna pick Froakie cos I have a soft spot for Water-types.

Remember, make sure you read the rules so you know what is and isn't allowed, and also the staff members with blue, orange and red names like that can always help you if you need assistance, such as our mod of The Welcome Lounge (aka this section) the wonderful Cirno. But we also have helpful members outside of the staff as well, so they'd also love to help you as well.

I do hope you enjoy your time here, and have fun!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Thank you for the nice welcome and advice :)
    I am usually inclined to pick a water or grass starter, but after reading about the three I may go fire this time with Fennekin. A fox-like Pokemon is hard to resist.

Years
  • Gah, Fennekin is adorable; I really want to cuddle it. Seems like it'll be the most popular starter this time around though, and I've been wanting to be a little more diverse with 'em lately.. I'm probably going to go for Chespin or Froakie for the sixth generation. This is assuming their evolutions look good, though. ;~;

Welcome to the forum!

Oh hey, a Pokemon anime fan! Totally awesome. :D Delve into our Pokemon Anime board sometime to discuss the show with others, yeah? It's worthwhile to check that board out since we could use all the anime fans we can get to post around and explore. What season are you on? Best Wishes/Black & White has been one of my favorites so far, though that's quite an unpopular opinion, sadly. I've just loved the personality of Ash's Pokemon this time around. Stop by the Episode Discussion subforum to discuss episodes that you've been watching; we would love to know what you think! There's even a neat Watch-Along club thread where you can watch episodes assigned that week and discuss them. There's a whole bunch to do in this section!

Another question for you though.. how long have you been away from the Pokemon scene? From your post it seems like at least a few generations, and there are indeed lots of games to catch up on. HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum, Black, White... they're all super amazing and even the spinoffs we've gotten lately have been excellent. That'll keep you busy until October rolls around, so be sure to play through these great games when you can! They're wonderful and not worth skipping past. You can discuss anything Pokemon-related here as you play since we have neat journal threads in most generation boards where you can write out your progress as you play through the games. :)

That's all from this member, hope you have a great time here all right? If you need anything at all or just want to chat, I'm always here~!

Back