• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone. Ryusuta here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    Not sure what things to say, so I'll just wing it.

Well, the main thing that brings me here is that I'm a digital artist that has an ongoing comic called The Pokemorph Stories. It's sort of a Mystery Dungeon styled thing that I wanted to spread the word about a little bit, as well as let people have a look at my artwork in general.

I'll be talking about it in the art forum so I don't want to take up much time with that here, but I'll say that if you want to take a look, by all means check out my DA page: ryusuta.deviantart.com.

Anyway, I've been playing Pokemon since the first generation. My absolute favorite Pokemon title ever was Red/Blue Rescue Team. I felt the storyline was really quite deep with some surprising turns in it, and the music was amazing.

Um... favorite Pokemon is Charizard... err... Charmeleon...? Charmander? Mew? ...Let's just go with Charizard.

Not sure if it's taboo to talk about it, but I also enjoy playing PokeMMO, though I've been taking a break from it lately. Anyway, thanks a bunch!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    Thank you very much! I definitely anticipated that and made a topic on the art design forum. I figured it was worth a quick mention here too, since it's a big reason I joined. =)

Thanks again for the kind welcome! I look forward to contributing here!

Years
  • Mystery Dungeon-esque comics are usually the most interesting for me since I love seeing a bigger focus on the Pokemon, so I'd be very interested in checking out your comic series! Posting it over at the Art & Design section would be a great idea once you hit fifteen posts. We have some very talented artists and art critics on PC so getting involved in our creative community is totally worthwhile. I'll be checking out your dA page in a minute, too, and you can always advertise your comic series in your signature if you're looking to spread the word; it's encouraged to utilize your signature for advertising as it's one of the only accepted ways to do just that here, yep.

But anyway, a big, big welcome to our wonderful community! I'm Cirno and I'm one of the many members here on the forum. :D Great to meet you.

The Charmander line is pretty awesome, though Charmander is by far the most adorable, haha. But perhaps I'm biased since he was ridiculously useful for me as a kid when I played through Red and Blue. <3 Our Spinoff Games section houses all the spinoff-related discussions including Mystery Dungeon talk, so I'm sure it'll be a great place to visit for an MD fan like you! Do you keep up with Mystery Dungeon games? I've been wanting to try it since it's generally reviewed positively but am interested in knowing a bigger fan's perspective on the game's good and bad points. But I definitely know I'll be getting that awesome 3DS one once it comes out in the US.

Anyway, I've actually heard of PokeMMO so it's cool that we have members who play the game. The concept of a Pokemon MMORPG has always been pretty darn awesome so perhaps it's time I check that out myself. In fact, I'll scurry off to make an account right now~! Maybe we can play sometime down the road whenever you get back into it again. :D

Thanks for posting such a thought-out introduction since that really does help me make a better post in your thread. You seem like a pretty great person so make sure to stick around, as I'm sure you'll have no problems making friends around here. Enjoy your stay!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    Mystery Dungeon-esque comics are usually the most interesting for me since I love seeing a bigger focus on the Pokemon, so I'd be very interested in checking out your comic series! Posting it over at the Art & Design section would be a great idea once you hit fifteen posts. We have some very talented artists and art critics on PC so getting involved in our creative community is totally worthwhile. I'll be checking out your dA page in a minute, too, and you can always advertise your comic series in your signature if you're looking to spread the word; it's encouraged to utilize your signature for advertising as it's one of the only accepted ways to do just that here, yep.

Thank you very kindly for that! That means a lot to me. If I may ask, though... What exactly are the guidelines about that? Because my comic is over 40 pages and still going, it seems like it would be really difficult to upload every single page onto this forum. So, how can I call attention to my work without giving some kind of link? Thanks in advance, because that information would be very helpful to me.

But anyway, a big, big welcome to our wonderful community! I'm Cirno and I'm one of the many members here on the forum. :D Great to meet you.

The Charmander line is pretty awesome, though Charmander is by far the most adorable, haha. But perhaps I'm biased since he was ridiculously useful for me as a kid when I played through Red and Blue. <3 Our Spinoff Games section houses all the spinoff-related discussions including Mystery Dungeon talk, so I'm sure it'll be a great place to visit for an MD fan like you! Do you keep up with Mystery Dungeon games? I've been wanting to try it since it's generally reviewed positively but am interested in knowing a bigger fan's perspective on the game's good and bad points. But I definitely know I'll be getting that awesome 3DS one once it comes out in the US.

I started to play the second ones, but I kind of disliked a lot of the plot elements. Specifically I really kind of resented the ultra-structured rescue team settlement idea as opposed to the first game when you were more self-sufficient. That said, I really do want to try it again sometime, and I'm really looking forward to playing the 3DS one.

Anyway, I've actually heard of PokeMMO so it's cool that we have members who play the game. The concept of a Pokemon MMORPG has always been pretty darn awesome so perhaps it's time I check that out myself. In fact, I'll scurry off to make an account right now~! Maybe we can play sometime down the road whenever you get back into it again. :D

Sure thing! Drop me a PM anytime and I'm sure we can do that.

Thanks for posting such a thought-out introduction since that really does help me make a better post in your thread. You seem like a pretty great person so make sure to stick around, as I'm sure you'll have no problems making friends around here. Enjoy your stay!

That genuinely means a lot to me. I'll do my very best!

Back