• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    Hey there!

I'm DipperPines12, and I've liked Pokémon now for about 6 years. Funny story, I hated Pokémon for ages, and refused to even try it, until one of my friends invited me to a birthday party and said to bring Pokémon games along with us to play, I didn't have one, so one of my friends lent me their copy of Pearl to play so I didn't feel left out, and I've kinda been hooked (on-and-off) ever since! The day I got back from the party I got my parents to order me a copy of Pokémon White. My starter was Oshawott, but at this point I thought that if you didn't give your Pokémon a nickname they would just have no name at all, so on that cartridge I now have a level 60-something Samurott called 'OSHAWOTT'. (With the caps lock {XD} )

Since then, I've completed Platinum, White, Black, White 2, X, and Alpha Sapphire. I never could beat the Johto Elite Four on SoulSilver, simply because I always tried to avoid any battles, so my Pokémon are too low leveled for me to progress any further. Maybe I'll try that game again soon.

Apart from Pokémon, I like gameshows like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, the American version of Wheel Of Fortune, and the British version of Deal or No Deal. I'm actually from England myself.

Thanks for having me as a member of Pokécommunity, I'm glad to be here!

DipperPines12 :)

Years
    Welcome Dipper! What a redemption story! Thanks for sharing all that with us. :) I'd really recommend you give SoulSilver another go; HeartGold was one of my favorite games! My little brother is in the same boat as you as far as the starter is concerned; he named his Piplup "Piplup" thinking it would change when it evolved, but now he's stuck with Piplup the Empoleon! :P I hope you enjoy your time here, and feel free to drop a PM if you'd like to chat!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    Thanks for you walm welcome, GoldenAltaria! SoulSilver is up there on my list to try again, after I complete the Delta Episode of Alpha Sapphire, amongst all the revision I have to do for Year 10 GCSE Mock Exams I have at the end of this month... :(

Aha.. the all caps thing was awful. I remember nicknaming my Pokémon to have names with normal case and then they'd evolve keeping those, it was ridiculous. Glad we don't have that anymore aaa. Welcome DipperPines12, nice to have you!

You definitely should try HGSS again. They were very good minus the slowness of the battle and PC box animations, as someone who waited for Johto remakes for ages I was ecstatic to play them. The post-Johto story isn't too difficult either and the game feels very fulfilling overall since we have another region to explore afterwards. You'll definitely like it.

See you around! Definitely happy to help out if you need anything too. [:

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    Thanks, Sheep!

The all caps Pokémon names was actually the thing I liked least about the Gen 4 games, so glad they decided to change it for Gen 5. :)

Back