• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi from New Zealand!

Years
    Yea, so I'm a kiwi. Played for many years though only really do in-game, it's hard to do competition battling down here because of something to do with the DS console. It never connects in public wi-fi areas and it's really hard to get it to connect at home too. Consequently I don't really care about King's Rock and Baton Pass and all that, my main concern is having in-game fun with a cool team. First thing Ima do in PC is take the HG monotype challenge!

If anyone reading is from NZ, could you please tell me how to sort out the connection issue? Then I could maybe learn about all that other junk ^^

Years
    Hi there and welcome! You seem pretty knowledgeable about battling which is nice to see. I never got into battling but i'm sure if i did id get destroyed since i enjoy making teams i enjoy rather than ones that are powerful. :P There's a lot of forums for battling and the people here are great so you should have a lot of fun hanging around there. Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here and hope to see you around! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi from Australia! Welcome to the forum. Since you're into battling, maybe check out In-Game Team Help, found in Competitive Battling Center, which is where you can post your team to get rated and such. However, since you can't really participate in IRL competitions (how long have you wanted to participate in them?) you could always use Pokemon Online (as explained by the sticky @ CBC), and you can compete against people in tournaments at PC (there's one coming up) which could substitute for competitive battling in real life? ;x Because yeah, you could always use your in-game team, just without all the grinding and all :3 Either way, have fun, and if you have any questions feel free to ask any of us with bold usernames.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I do see your issue right there. The main concern about connecting your DS in public areas is because of how many public areas (like coffee shops, hotels, etc) require you to have authorization, and that would require a browser just to do so. If you have a DS Lite, it's useless. If you're still having trouble you can send me a message, and I'll see if I can help ya out. :D

But anyhow, welcome to PC! As Forever mentioned, we definitely have a section for battling. Whether you'd like to show off your battling skills, or get your team rates, or maybe you just want to join in on some casual discussions, you're definitely at the right place. :3 Best of all, you'll be meeting a lot of friends. :D Like us who posted in the thread for example. :D We're really friendly, and we don't bite. :3

Come see me at the Adoption Center if you'd like someone to guide you around the community, and again.. PM me if you have questions & stuff. ok! You can also PM my partner Snivy, Forever, or anyone with bold names. ok! Guess I'll see ya around then! :)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Yea, so I'm a kiwi. Played for many years though only really do in-game, it's hard to do competition battling down here because of something to do with the DS console. It never connects in public wi-fi areas and it's really hard to get it to connect at home too. Consequently I don't really care about King's Rock and Baton Pass and all that, my main concern is having in-game fun with a cool team. First thing Ima do in PC is take the HG monotype challenge!

If anyone reading is from NZ, could you please tell me how to sort out the connection issue? Then I could maybe learn about all that other junk ^^

Welcome to the forums, huh? I went into some online trading and battling once I got a Wi-Fi router around two years ago. :) I don't do competitive, though. I do keep stock of a lot of battling items, though, just in case.

I hope to see you again!

Back