• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi guys! I'm new here! :)

Years
  • Hi everyone! I'm shinycubchoo98 (or you can call me Megan if you want!) and I'm so excited to have finally actually joined a community dedicated to Pokemon! I'm a 17 year old girl from a really cold northern state where no one really talks much about Pokemon, so it is really great to see that so many people on here love Pokemon too!
    A quick synopsis of my Pokemon history:
    I have played (and loved) every Pokemon game starting with Crystal up to ORAS.
    In my Black file I found my first ever shiny, hence my username! And ever since I have had a passion for hunting shinies! Shiny hunting is just one more thing to love about Pokemon, which is why I'm currently hatching eggs for a blue Tyrunt!
    Alright, so I have just talked a lot! How about all of you? How is everyone? What's your favorite thing about Pokemon?

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hey there. Welcome to the community. You can call me Kaiyu (or Kyo). I've been a fan of Pokémon ever since Pokémon Yellow. I still haven't encountered a shiny Pokémon but one day I will. I'm doing good. How about you? If you'd like to have someone to talk to you can leave me a message on my profile. Until then see you around and I hope you enjoy your time here. =)

Years
  • That's pretty awesome, congrats! :-0 I love Cubchoo so a shiny one would be awesome.. it looks great too. <3 Welcome, Megan!

Yeah it might be pretty hard finding others who like Pokémon irl haha, I'm in NYC so we have a fair amount but it's still difficult to locate much less approach them. Part of why forums like these are so awesome. I hope you'll find a home discussing everything under the sun here with us, and please do stick around!

Years
  • Hi Kyo! Nice to meet you! I'm doing really well! I wish you luck with the shinies!
    Thanks for the welcome! See you around :)

Hey Sheep! I love your username, first off! ^.^
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the congrats! It's so nice to meet you! I imagine NYC must be crazy pretty this time of year with the holidays going on! I live in a town with around 2000 people total so it would be super cool to visit New York sometime in the future and just see the city! I'm stoked to be on pokecommunity so I can find lovely people like you who I have similar interests with!
    Thanks again and have a great night! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hiya dear, just remember to try and not to double post okay~? Try and fit what you want to say in one post! But I merged it for ya, so it's cool for now! Anywho, welcome! Nice to meet you, and welcome to PC tonight! I'm Dragon~!

Niiice that you've found a shiny. I should try and shiny hunt again myself sometime, but it's a long task, ehe. My favourite thing about pokemon is how connected everyone is. Anyone can just grab a game, and just play together and have a blast trading and battling, y'know? But yeah, I hope we can chat some more sometime! Have a fun time and see you soon~ <33

Years
  • Wow what a nice story behind your username there, I had caught a shiny of my own in Black but it was a Drilbur. Anyhow, happy late hello to you Megan!

Looking at your post it appears you seem to be a shiny hunter, so maybe consider visiting the Shiny Hunters Club (I think it's in Pokemon Gaming Central) and discussing shinies with other hunters, and maybe share your collection as well. Because well, I know how much people love to show off their shinies.

I wish you best of luck with that Tyrunt, and I'll catch you soon!

Years
  • Megan, It's so nice to have you here ! And, i know how bad it feels when you're the only one watching Pokemon in the entire area! And wait, it must be cold ! phew ! You may see Spheal and Articno here and there in your place then ? Haha.

Well Shiny Cubchoo is a nice name ! pardon me, I'm not such a Pokemon freak, nor have i touched Pokemon Black ;p

Seriously ? My favorite Pokemon ? goes to the one and only, the only and only, the one who is only ;D Ash's Pikachu hahaha! Pause/... just kidding. My favorite is Greninja, i just love the design aih!

Well, your thread just gave me a nice idea for a new thread ! Honestly, i haven't ever, ever ever and ever, caught a singly tiny shiny yet in my life!

Nice meeting you anyway haha, let's be friends! And if you need help, we have our staff here ! Be sure to check up the rules, you don't want ending up with an infraction haha, The law information agency of our PC is quite strict ! But that's why PC is wonderful and safe! 'Cya !

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    Wow, I never found a shiny before... Unless I had to hack my own game and I'm not even sure at this point which Pokémon was my first shiny : /

But, it was great to know your story! Very memorable : )

It's great to have you here, Shinycubchoo

Please do drop me a message any time that you would like to talk to me!

Take good care : )

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hello there! Nice to meet you. That's cool you like hunting for shiny Pokémon. One time I encountered one but accidentally knocked it out and since then I never encountered another one. =( Hope you have an awesome time here. If you'd like to have someone you can talk to leave me a message on my profile or send me a friend request. Until then see you around! =)

Years
  • Dragon- Sorry about the double post! I'll be sure to post one at a time from now on. Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, shiny hunting can be a super tedious process! If you do decide to try it again (or even just random shiny appearances) I wish you the best of luck! Hope to see you around! :)
    Hikamaru- Congrats on the Drilbur! Someday I plan to get one of my own, cuz shiny Drilbur is awesome! :) I'll definitely look into the Shiny Hunters Club! Thanks for the luck and the welcome! See you!
    Chris Makise- Thank you so much for the friendly welcome! I agree, Greninja is sooo well designed! I don't blame you for having it as your favorite! Good luck finding shinies in the future! I will definitely pay close attention to the rules! I don't want to get myself kicked out of such a friendly community! See you soon!
    Master Snowy- Thank you! It's great to be here! I wish you luck in finding legit shinies, or hacking them in, whatever makes you happy! :) You take care as well! Hope to see you around!
    FioriKikuchi- Hi! Nice to meet you too! I'm so sorry to hear about your shiny! I would have been so upset. :( Wishing you better luck with it in the future! I'll definitely take you up on your offer! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
    NathanBros-Thank you so much! I am loving it so far!

Thank you to all of you for your really nice greetings! <3

Back