• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi guys!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2015
    Hi guys. So I'm pretty sure I've used this forum before, but it's been so long I can't remember.

Anyways I haven't played Pokemon since Heart Gold, and I decided to finally get back into playing for X and Y.

Iv'e also decided that in this generation I'm going to finally give breeding/ EV training a shot, which is partially why I decided to join here so I can get some pointers and what not.

I'm excited to be part of this forum, and can't wait to battle/trade some of you guys in the future.

Years
  • Hooray for breeders! Check out the Trade Corner if you'd like to discuss breeding with us, it has its own chit-chat thread at the top of the board where you can kick back and discuss anything related to trading and breeding. Welcome to PC, Aug! Great to meet youuu! (=

I hope you have an amazing time posting around the community and make many, many friends. You're free to let me know if you're confused about how this place works as I'm more than happy to help. Good luck with your breeding endeavors and see you around! <3

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
    Years
  • Hello aug, in X and Y there is a feature called Super Training where Evs can be collected. There is also Pokemon Amie for happiness. For your intrest, defeating Machops will give you 1 attack ev each, so 4 will give oyu +1 attack. Hope i helped. Ps: Have you seen shiny pokemon? I played pokemon since 2004, and found about 52 legigimate, counting events and the Red gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2015
    I've played every generation since R/B/Y with the exception of Black and White, and I can say I've never encountered a shinny. I've traded for a couple before but other than that I've never owned anything crazy rare in pokemon. I've been trying for about a week to chain a skiddo or a pancham, but my chain always breaks around 20 or so, so I may give up on that haha.

And yeah I'm fully aware of the Super Training and Amie features. I think both are kind of tedious though. I've never EV trained before, but it seems a lot easier just to EV train through battling than to use the super training, especially if you have pokerus in your party.

Also I went through the forums a bit and came across RNG manipulating. What is the general public's opinion of it? It seems pretty complicated, but I mean if it can produce near perfect pokemon I guess I can see people's attraction to it.

Back