• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi ho.... newbie here

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Looks like an interesting site. Which is both cool and fun.

I am curious... are we permitted to share our 3DS AND/OR Pokémon friend codes here so we can play other folks as well, and trade/ etc. ?

lol well perhaps it will help to tell you guys a little more about myself.

long time pokemon fan, first games were red and blue (I think for my 24th birthday, or Christmas of 1998 can't remember which) and loved it right away.

Just STARTED wifi battling (aaand getting my booty handed to me. Only won once, and that's because the poor guy had level twenty somethings to my level fifties). And started trading more online too.

Interested in making new friends here, learning new things, and everything else that goes along with coolness and sunshine. (speaking of which hoping for new special kinds of pokemon apart from the shiny kind, been so long since they've added that kind of thing in).

From the USA, and that's about it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welcome to the forum, DesertPokerat! Does your username mean anything? It's a bit confusing for me and has me quite curious.

Unfortunately there isn't an official thread where people can post their friend codes, but you're more than welcome to do so in your signature. Including codes in your signature or sharing them through PM/VM is totally fine. You can look for battles and trades anytime as well; just check out the Trade Corner and Battle Center! The Battle Center is closed right now for about a day or so as it's updated and revamped, so that's why it isn't visible on the main forum page. Sorry if that inconveniences you. PC has a lot of traders and battlers so you'll definitely find people either way, though, and you can start up a trade shop or put up Pokemon you're trading through our trade board anytime as well. I'm pretty gosh darn awful at battling and usually go to Smogon for tips and tricks, but when it comes to Little Cup or NU, I think I can hold my own! Once I finish building my team perhaps we can have a battle or two, yeah? :D; I only recently got my Wi-Fi to work so it'd be cool to test that out! Sadly the DS Wi-Fi options are limiting though so I'm stuck changing things around to get it to work. Gosh, can't wait for Pokemon X & Y when these issues will finally be oooover. On that note, are you looking forward to those games? If you are, we have a whole board dedicated to discussing 'em.

But whee I'm a long time fan too. I started with Red and Blue when I was.. 7 or 8, so I was a lot younger than you. It's still really addicting and I hope to stick with Pokemon for a long time. :) I think my favorite games so far have been Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Black 2/White 2. The series keeps getting better and better and I'm especially excited for that new crossover series that should be coming soon! Can't wait for the reveal to see what it is!

Anyways, hope you have a great time here, all right? Be sure to private message me if you have any questions about anything, I'll be able to answer them as soon as I can. You'll make friends here pretty quickly as well since the forum is huge and we're all a friendly bunch, and from the looks of things you're the kind of guy who will have a lot to contribute, so stick around!

See you around and again, welcome~

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Yes my username does actually mean something. See I LIVE in the desert, and as such the old expression goes, have become a 'desert rat'. So I just added Pokémon to that, and voila, Desert Pokerat (poke for pokemon, and of course, rat for rat).

That is definitely understandable, and no worries there. At least I can add them to my signature or give them in pms. I'm just kinda sick of the blasted GTO's design that you can only ask for pokemon you've seen, or trade for one's you've seen. Means getting the ones I REALLY want a pain in the neck. Thank goodness that X and Y plan to change that. (and for ze record I do plan on catching at least TWO of those cotton candy doggy pokemons. hehe) Well I thought I had a good team for the 2013 global tournament, but so far have been beaten 8 times... although twice it was nearly close. Yeah it would be interesting to have a battle with ya too.

My old DS couldn't get onto my wifi if it tried, which was why its been so long before I finally got on, and that's because I bought a brand new 3DS. Which I technically had to if I wanted X and Y. So bonus there! (yay for the cotton candy dogs! or perhaps they should watch out now? lmao)

I did notice that you were younger than me, you're my niece's age, lol. And she was big on pokemon for a while. She was estatic when we finally caught a Mewtwo. Although I didn't know there was a new crossover series coming out. That sounds interesting.

And thank you, and if I need to I most definatley will. And thanks for the help!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Heya DesertPokerat! Welcome to PC!

I hope this doesn't sound too weird or offensive, but it's interesting how you got into Pokemon at age 24. I was only 6! Haha. It just goes to show that even at your age you can still get into Pokemon. :) We seem to have fans of all ages here. On average it's people between age 13-28, but I've seen people in their late 30s and even 40s on here so don't feel left out! Besides, no matter how old you are, you're still welcomed here. :) X and Y are looking excellent so far. All the Pokemon, even the cute like cotton candy, look pretty good and I don't think in all my years of playing Pokemon, I'd see the games in 3D! I expected it sort of though, but not this soon. And the graphics look amazing. It's wonderful how far we've come since the original games! The X and Y section is very popular and full of discussions so I say delve into them right away!

Once the Battle Center's back up, you can pay a visit to the new revamped one. In the meantime, you can always find people to battle online on PC's Pokemon Showdown battle server. Showdown is online and not on DS, but it works the same. You can set up a team and request people to have battles for each tier and even have random battles. I'm not much of a battler, but I go there every now and then and it's loads of fun! And since into trading , you can also visit Trade Corner to pass the time. There's always people who like doing quick trades and you can even set up a trade shop too. I do some trading every so often and then and I have to admit, I hate how the system is currently set up. Thank God it's gonna be easier in X and Y! Hopefully that means no more Lv.9 and under legendaries too. ^_^

We're really friendly so it's easy to get along with people. You can visitor's message me anytime and I'll respond ASAP. Have fun here and enjoy yourself. If there's any thing you're stuck on you can always contact a moderator such Cirno above me. See you around!

P.S: The "crossover" I believe we're talking about isn't gonna be a Pokemon X other series crossover, it's a whole new project Gamefreak's working on called Solitiba. It's a crossover of Solitaire and Horse racing apparently which sounds like an interesting concept to say the least. Kind disappointed it was related to Pokemon, but oh well. Unless Cirno means another crossover I don't know about lol. Anyway, see you around once again!

Years
  • Hello there DesertPokerat, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Yes, it is certainly fine to post your friend codes anywhere on your profile! In fact, we also have a spot here on the forums for you to fill out your 3DS code as well, but I advise you not to go making threads about advertising them, as that's against forum rules. Other than that, looks like everyone above has covered what we have to offer here at PC! (:

As a reminder, please be sure you look at the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble at all. The last thing we want to see of new members getting an infraction simply by not following the rules :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting anyone around here on staff. They are the users with the bold usernames and are very helpful for whenever you may need them! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! You are always welcome to send me a friend request if you want! And always feel free to leave a VM on my profile or send me a PM whenever you want to chat with me! ^_^

Years
  • Hi! Welcome to PC!

I am also a new online battler and trader! I haven't done so recently, but I really enjoyed the online trading a lot. I never really win online battles haha. Anyway, welcome to the site. As the others have mentioned, we have a Trade Corner where you can find other members to trade with and a Battle Center (closed at the moment) where you can find members to battle with. I recommend checking both sections out, because both are really quite popular and you can snag a lot of good Pokemon from the Trade Corner! I did!

Also be sure to check out our General Pokemon Gaming section of the site, where you can chat about all the Pokemon games from the oldies RBY to the recent ones like BW 2! Right about this section is our newest area, the X and Y section! There, you can chat and speculate about the two new upcoming games for the 3DS! It's really popular!

If you need anything, just ask! We all would be happy to help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Thank you all kindly.
    I shall indeed read the rules, and try my best do the right things about here.

A solitaire horse racing game is interesting but kinda far fetched (no pun intended) for me to get into.
    I've been to the trading area of the web site, and have asked for a trade, so hopefully something will happen good with that.

Also glad to know I'm not the only person here whose not into his late thirties nor bad at online battles. (IS EVERYONG USING ALL LEGENDARY IN THE 2013 TOURNAMENT?! SEEMS SO. O.o). I did actually get my first tournament win today (the other two were kinda disappointing as my opponents forfeited. Wish they had stuck around.)

But thanks!

Back