• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! Hola! Konnichiwa! Kumusta!

Can you speak another language?

• Total voters
    Years
    I've never enjoyed learning languages, and tend to forget what I learned pretty quickly, so no. I don't know any other languages - English is the only one.

The only language I was allowed to take in school was French (it was compulsary anyway). I failed because (no offense to those who speak French) I really can't stand the way it sounds, and it annoys me, and I can't get a grasp of it. I would have preferred German, but we weren't allowed to choose. It was simply a case of half the pupils were made to do French, the other half German, and there was no personal choice in the matter.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I can speak English fluently and also french!
    and also my native language which I don't even know the name of XDD!

~C3LEBI

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Spanish and English and Latin, but, well, as if I were going to ever use it. I tried learning French in school but I couldn't. Too hard for me.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'm fluent in Finnish, English and Swedish and I'm pretty good at German (I've gone through most of the grammar now so it's mostly a matter of extending my vocabulary now) and I can speak really bad French. Yay for me, I can speak five languages! =D (although I honestly don't know if you can actually call my gibberish "French". =P) My favorite foreign language (which includes English, by the way) would probably be German. It's just so awesome, and oddly, I make less mistakes in German than I do in Swedish although I've spoken Swedish all my life. Finnish has always been the dominant one of the two for me. :x

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I do speak some languages.

I speak Dutch (native language), English, French (a little), and I can understand average Latin.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    At the moment I'm learning Spanish. I'm pretty good at it, I've been learning it for nearly 4 years now. I've also recently started taking Japanese lessons, so I know only the basic stuff at the moment. XD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Japanese (native) and English (secondary).
    I don't even want to remember when I was 3, new in Hong Kong, and couldn't communicate with anybody.

Also some Chinese. Tried French and Spanish but failed badly.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'm fluent in English. I also took one year of Spanish so I know how to hablo espanol (speak Spanish), but right now no hablo espanol because I dont like espanol

I'm better in Japanese than I am in Spanish. Chotto Nihongo ga dekiru (I can speak a little Japanese). I actually can type a lot more than speak because I barely get any speech practice because no one in my house wants anything to do with helping me. T_T
    I contribute to the Serebiiforums Japanese club with new words, help and kanji tips. So far I probably know 300 or 400+ and surprisingly, a lot of it was very easy to learn
    Nihongo ga daisuki node, tanoshii desu - becasue I like the Japanese language, it's fun. (I know I messed up somewhere. Was na supposed to be added after daisuki and before node? @_@)

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I speak English which is my born language. I speak a little french and spanish.

I thought this thread was about saying hello....

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I speak English, English, and more English.. XD;
    I'm taking Spanish classes though.. ;D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I know enough Dutch (NL) to make some sense of Dutch Wikipedia pages, but English (UK) is all I can speak to any plausible level.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I speak English & I can speak Tagalog since my mom is from the Philippines. My father is Italian, but I can`t speak Italian fluently, just a few words.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I speak English and Spanish fluently, I do an okay job with Portuguese, which I guess goes hand in hand with Spanish. I know the slightest bit of Tagalog, thanks to frequenting another forum with a few members that speak it. I all but blow at Japanese in any form that isn't verbal and even then I could stand to know a lot more.

Back