• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi im New and am eager to trade

ShrapnelX

Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2014
    I remember getting Pokemon Blue Version In 98'. I was hooked. Obsessed even. Games, toys, trading cards, comic books, movies and clothes I reped Pokemon. Pikachu was my character in Super Smash Bros. But as these things happen, I got older. It wasn't cool in High School to be playing Pokemon. My junior year I gave it up. I hung up the Pokeballs and walked away. Until 2012 when a friend pulled me back in. I've since learned that we should do what makes us happy, wether it is seen as immature or childish, doesn't matter. I'm back and I'm a trainer for life

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • omg Pikachu is my most favorite character in SSB too! I used it in Brawl all the time and I've mastered it quite well. :D

Welcome to the forums! Your introduction gave me a bit of nostalgia! Here at PC we all have an obsession with Pokemon, and we're trainers for life as we've all grown up with the franchise. :D I've been hooked with Pokemon since 98 actually...I was 8 at the time. ^__^

Well, you'll totally love this place as we have lots of Pokemon discussions going on, and lots of stuff to do here! You'll love our discussions, events, activities and lots more. :) And it all depends on your certain interests! :D

Feel free to send me a message if you wanna be friends! Or you can also ask any staff member in bold if you have any questions. Okay! See ya and have fuuuuun :)

Years
  • Age does not matter at all. Pokemon is an amazing franchise that can be enjoyed by all ages so you made a great choice picking it back up. n~n I remember the days of Red and Blue and how obsessed I was.. those were the days. Playing through Yellow was quite exciting as well, though beating Brock was the biggest pain for me when I was a kid. Welcome to PokeCommunity!

Awww you remind me of my childhood. I had a bunch of cards that I still have in my room now, books, figures and toys, casettes, and bunches of other things. I remember being so excited when I found the Celebi movie tape in a video store all those years ago, hehe. Super Smash was quite the addicting game as well and Pikachu was very fun to use there! Kind of missing it now that you mention it; don't even own a copy of the game so I can't replay it, which is sad. Well... there are always videos. A lot of us have similar stories to share since a good chunk of our memberbase has been into Pokemon for a long time.

It's great that your friend pulled you back into the series though, perhaps you can get him to join the forum as well? It's always more fun to be around a forum when you know someone. Was it X and Y that pulled you back in? How long's it been since you played a Pokemon game, and do you have any plans to catch up while you wait for the sixth generation (assuming you're interested in it)? There are boards dedicated to each generation where you can discuss things and even ask for help if you're stuck in a game. Our Pokemon game experts will be coming to your rescue before you know it. Make sure to take a peek at other Pokemon boards outside the games as well too, though, like Pokemon Anime or Pokemon Clubs. PC has a whole bunch of amazing things to do.

Hope you have a great time and see you around okay! <3

ShrapnelX

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2014
    My friend put Black in my hand said I could borrow it as long as I want. At first I was skeptical that it would be as fun, I hadn't played since Pokemon Stadium 2. But it was. The bond I had with certain pokemon was refreshing. But now their were hundreds of new Pokemon I'd never seen before and I caught myself saying "what the Hell is that?" Constantly. :D. He bought Black 2 for my BDay and after I beat the Elite 4, we transferred all my Pokemon from Black 1 into Black 2,. He's lending me Heart Gold, I want a MewTwo lol. Pretty much any Legendary. I remember my Uncle bringing me to the first Movie. So I have a fondness for MewTwo. I want a perfectly balanced team. I haven't been able to beat him in a battle. Yet. I definitely plan on buying X

Years
  • Hello Shrapnel, welcome to PC!

I'm glad you joined, because we've got all your interests covered. I'm glad you're enjoying Black and Black 2 right now, they are among my personal favorites as well. In fact, I'm a big sucker for 5th Generation because it introduced my favorite Pokemon (which you may notice on my profile's About Me soon enough) but if you want to discuss the games I advise you check out the Fifth Generation forums here. It even comes with a thread you can ask questions in, as well as a Travel Journal for recording your recent happenings in the games. I understand what it's like being an older fan of Pokemon and people think it's uncool, I'm 20 and I still play Pokemon. Both Meganium90 and Cirno over there are around a similar age to me as well so you'll definitely meed some older members here.

Like those two said, you should check out our Pokemon X & Y section as well if you want to contribute to the discussion of the new games. I'm looking forward to them myself, in fact I already have a 3DS so I guess you could say well prepared indeed. In fact, PC is so fun I'm sure you'll stick around because we have members from all over the world.

Have fun, and if you need help feel free to ask a moderator or even some of the more experienced members as well, whether they're a moderator or not. I'll be seeing ya around okay?

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Back