• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! My name is...what? My name is...who? My name is...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • I rarely give out my real name. I normally limit it to only giving out my nickname (in case you guys want to know: Candy), especially since my name isn't a common one. ._.

But eh, as long as nobody knows my last name, no one can really find me. :v

btw my current username is what my real name is derived from

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't really care so much. In the past, it was a bigger deal because people revealing their real names was less common. Now, because of the advent of Facebook and other such places forcing you to use your real name, it isn't really something to be concerned about.

All of the people/organizations who want to find out about me already can anyway. (Like Google, they have information on almost everyone that is spooky.) And most people on the internet are generally like most people in real life - generally sane individuals who keep to themselves and don't want to murder you with an axe or be a rapist or whatever.

I am more cautious about my last name though. I don't like to reveal that in public, but am fine with saying it in instant messaging after I've spoken to someone a few times. It's just a bit of that remnant of paranoia from the past staying with me.

What is my real name? Well, at the moment, it is Angela. But please, do NOT call me that. I am going to be changing it in about a year or so because I just hate hearing that name in reference to myself. Don't hate the name itself. I just dislike the person it makes me think of when it is said to me. It's a name I have grown to associate with a weak, shy version of myself who could do nothing in real life, and I would like to shed it.

I'll probably be changing it to Adele, so refer to me as that if you want to do real names.

Funnily enough, people have thought that Arylett is my real name. Which is entirely intentional. I wanted to create an internet name that didn't sound like your stereotypical internet name. Something that sounded like it could actually be someone's name. And because of the way the name is, I have learned to identify more with that name than Angela. So calling me Arylett is a great compliment, as you are addressing who I feel I actually am. I've probably been called Arylett more so than my actual name, because since the age of 14 when I first started using that name, I have socialized far more on the internet. Adele is something recent, but I'm also starting to get attached to it in the same way.

Yes, I am weird about names. But I find them to be very important. In meaning, in how they are spelled, and how they sound. To me, they should reflect a person accurately.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My username was once my name that's how bad ass and uncaring I am

names mallory, but you can just call me a ****ing bad ass

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • My username is always my real name lmfao.

Some people have trouble pronouncing it the first time they meet me so I like to turn it into a game show.

edit: Alfieri Villeda is my full name. I don't find it difficult at all to reveal. I have nothing to hide. My facebook and instagram have my full name for god's sake lmao.
    woah there better b carefu bro. ppl mite... kno ur name.

Seriously, people should chill when it comes to names. It's not like the world's gonna end if y'all reveal your first name (at least), for example.

I don't like my first name, so I won't tell people right away. **** that, tho. Here's my full name: Bogdana Mihaylova. Have fun with that info. :)

Years
  • As a precaution, I won't just give out my full name to people, even though I don't exactly have very uncommon names and I probably wouldn't have much to fear. However, in the case I ever get a creepy stalker or anything, I'd rather have that flimsy layer of protection to help me. Full name is reserved for people I feel I can definitely trust.

My first name, however - I don't exactly freely give it out (just because I'm not that open about personal details), but I don't mind people knowing it. Mine's a common enough name that I'm not worried at all about it being out there.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I reveal my full name to people I trust. Most people on here either know me as 'Loki' or 'Kimi' though. I don't like to use my real full name on places that ask, so I often use "Kimi Chan" because I don't want them to use my real name for anything personal. Not many people know my real name, and it's most definitely not Kimi. However, it's not that hard to guess what my real name is anyway from my nickname. XD So, people can easily assume what it really is.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    it's not that i'm worried about people being able to find me IRL, i just don't like my real name very much. so i prefer to go by a different name when i can.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I don't really care If people know my first name, it's Samantha. I just don't share my surname with anybody online, nothing personal.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm not quite comfortable when revealing my full name because of privacy issues, usually I'll just reveal my first name or even nick name.

Years
  • I don't care about giving my first name out via internet. It's not like I'm giving my street address out or anything. Personally it's a bit more comfortable than just calling that person by their forum name, especially if you want to build a better friendship

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • A lot of people know my first name on here, but people don't really call me by my first name unless we are friends. I don't really care that much about giving it out, but I don't think I'll give out my last name to just anyone in public since it's not that common.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm kinda confused as to why people don't feel comfortable revealing their last name. Am I missing the harm in doing so? I reveal my full name all the time (which is a very uncommon full name) and I have had no harm done to me. :o

Someone please enlighten me lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm kinda confused as to why people don't feel comfortable revealing their last name. Am I missing the harm in doing so? I reveal my full name all the time (which is a very uncommon full name) and I have had no harm done to me. :o

Someone please enlighten me lol.
    Maybe you've just been lucky?

It's kinda a privacy thing. Some people, myself included, don't like everyone on the internet being able to know everything about them. I don't need some person on here knowing my street address or where I went to college (which you'd probably be able to find out if you googled my first and last name). Some people are only comfortable revealing bits and pieces about themselves, particularly on a public forum.

Years
  • I used to be really sensitive about revealing my first name and refused to give it out. A few years ago that fear just.. died entirely as I fiiiinally realized there wasn't anything to worry about. No one would come to my doorstep with an axe in hand if I let them know my name.

Last name I wouldn't give out, though. It's not something I'd ever feel comfortable with. Maybe if I was a Jane Smith, but I'm not. My last name is kind of lame anyways. ]:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • It doesn't bother me (especially my first name, obviously). I mean I don't give my full name to just anyone but for online friends that I've known for a while I don't mind. Usually it doesn't even come up because first names are all that's needed.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was fine with it until my relationship with my first boyfriend ended. He went to the point of searching for me on the internet, for my online accounts, emails, etc. Yeah. Super stalker. With that, I forced myself to undergo a brand new internet identity. But it's been five-six years since said relationship ended. I still haven't *revealed* my real name, not only because I'm still scared he might find me again, but I'm already used to people calling me Megan everywhere on the net.

Years
  • My first name is Samantha. Are you really surprised considering my username? :p My first name is common enough in the US that I've never had an issue telling it to people if they really wanted to know. It's also been in my PC username more often than not (in terms of total years used), though I have dumped Sammi/sammi-san in most places that I could change usernames over the past year.

I've told my middle name in the past because it's a bit unique. But I ain't telling you now because it's not necessary. I think I've gotten a bit more paranoid about it over the years.

My last name is super common in the US as well, but I don't tell people it unless I'm close friends with them. Always been that way.

Sirfetch’d

I used to not share my name with anyone online because I was overly paranoid about it. My name is kinda common....well my first names at least. My last name is kinda uncommon. Now I don't care if people know my first name. Most of you know it's Chase and I am glad I shared it because it's much better being called by it as opposed to my forum name!

Back