• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi people :3

norbyotter

Victory Starling
Years
  • Hello Pokéfriends :3 I'm a newbie over here and other pokémon forums alike- I've been kinda shy to post and I become so lazy quickly and stop posting. I won't do that x3

So, I come here to help out others, share my game ideas and probably seek for help because I can't sprite well at all ;w; I can however design stuff like in-game maps and menus. I've been trying to learn how to draw but I'm just starting, nothing too fancy ;w;

So! I hope I'll have a blast over here :D I love Pokémon games and I'm awaiting for X and Y eagerly x3

Years
  • hey there norbyotter, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

If you're really into spriting, then I suggest you check out our Pixel Art section here, where you can get help on spriting if you need it (: and we also have the game development section here, if you wanted to get help on developing a video game.. or are you developing a ROM hack?

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure that you look over the rules here, so that you do not wind up getting into any trouble.. the last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction just by not following the simplest of simple rules :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (users with the bold usernames), and they'd be more than glad to help you out whenever you may need it! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, norbyotter! You are always more than welcome to send me a friend request if you want! And you can send me a PM or leave a VM on my profile if you ever wish to chat with me! ^_^

Dr. Koga

Red wishes he was me...
    Years
  • Hi norbyotter! Nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Koga and welcome to Pokecommunity! :) So it looks like you'll like Pokemon X & Y, Emulation/ROM Hacking, and Art & Design! Everyone here on PC is nice and friendly, so I'll bet that you'll make lots of friends! If you ever want to talk feel free to PM or VM me. ^^ If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask the moderators (they have bold usernames).

Don't be a stranger and I hope to see you around!

- Dr. Koga ;)

Years
  • Welcome to PC! Good choice good choice, we love new peeps here. :3

So are you working on a hack or a brand new game altogether? If you're interested in hacking then Emulation & ROM Hacking is going to be your best buddy here, while any other games that aren't hacks of already-existing ones are usually housed in Game Development, as Zach and Koga said. I love the fangames here - our members are very talented and there are a lot of people coming in who want to get involved in that. You can gather a team for your game in these boards, get some scripting help, look at useful resources, and other neat things. n~n; I do think you should share your sprite art with us in the Pixel Art board, though! Would be wonderful to see and you'd get loads of good feedback. I'm not very talented at all when it comes to spriting but there are some amazing people here who make breathtaking sprite art. I'm almost a little bit jealous, haha.

I'm pretty pumped for X and Y too, we all are honestly. I mean, how can you not?! Those games just look so good and I couldn't be more excited to finally get my hands on a copy. Sadly my gamestore won't get them until November 1st though but there is just noo way I'm waiting two-three more weeks. I'll be sure to get it on the same day it comes out. :( On that note, maybe it's good to pre-order it this time around? Seems like there's a ton of hype so the games may sell out early otherwise. Go ahead and relax away in fun boards like Chit Chat & Polls while you wait! You can discuss pretty much anything there if you're looking for a Pokemon break, and it's also got a fun thread called the daily chit-chat thread where you can have conversations with other members.

...but that's one of the many things to do here, so take your pick, all right? We have so many great Pokemon and off-topic boards alike.

Anyways, have a great time here, norbyotter! Stick around forever and ever and be sure to let me know if you need any help! :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hello! Welcome to PC!

Hey it' s fine if you' re shy at first but you should try to be open and outgoing! I'm shy and awkward in real life , but here is where I can open up and be myself. When I first joined , I was a bit nervous but once I started posting more and more , that's when I started feeling more comfortable around here and then made alot of friends! You should do some posting in Chit-Chat & Polls cause that's an easy way to warm up here and that's how I opened up my shell here. Once I started chatting in the DCC is when I got more and more friends so it's a good section for knowing people and becoming less and less shy. There's many other boards to explore too so look around! One place I recommend is Pokemon Club cause you can find people people with similar mind on certain things on Pokemon. For example I have a Dark type club where people come to express their love for Dark types. There's many other clubs like that so look around to see what you can find. Others have also said you should try Emulation & ROM Hacking and Game Development for all hacking and game making needs.

I'm very excited for X and Y too! They look like they will be excellent games so far. I'm going with Y cause Yveltal looks so cool imo. Hopefully I can have the games and a 3DS by then but if not then that's fine by me. I never have gotten the games on release date anyway and the only one I pre-ordered was White so I don't mind waiting a bit longer. I'm hoping to get them by Christmas though. I'm so excited for all the features and Pokemon shown so far! You should check out the Pokemon X and Y section cause it's really big right now. Everyone is there talking about the news as it comes and making speculations of what is in the game. Ypu should join in on the fun!

Well then, see you around and enjoy it here! If you need any don't be afraid to ask any of the staff members in bold. Have a great time and talk to me anytime via VM or PM!

norbyotter

Victory Starling
    Years
  • Thanks everyone! ^^ I got the rules by now, yes! :3 I started rom hacking yeeeears ago, now I'm using essentials because I started using RPG Maker XP since I was 8 so I'm very experienced with it already :D

I've been browsing through the fangames already posted and I agree the originality on each iteration is very inspiring >w< That's why I want to try to form a team to make my idea a reality aswell! :D And I got some nice games to test as I wait for X and Y~

I'm very bad at spriting as well but I'll keep practicing and posting my progress to further develop my skills with the critique >w< So there's so much to do here, great! :3

I'll probably download Pokemon Y (I really like Yveltal too, but Xerneas is amazing aswell x3) the second it can be downloaded x3 I will not spoil myself with the whole pokédex like all the past times I have. I wanna discover the Pokémon myself ;w;

Back