• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! Please rate my team and help me what I should do within turns.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2020
    Hi please rate my team. I just recently got this from trading my Shiny pokemons I hatched. Can you tell me what moves I should use in turns? This will be in OU Single Battle's.

Pikachu @Light Ball
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EV's- 4 ATK, 252 SP.ATK, 252 Speed
    Nature: Rash(+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
    Electro Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Nuzzle

Charizard @Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze(Tough Claws)
    EV's- 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Nature- Lonely(+ATK, -DEF)
    Dragon Dance
    Roost
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Punch

Blastoise @Leftovers
    Ability- Rain Dish
    EV's- 156 HP, 100 ATK, 252 SP.ATK
    Nature- Quiet(+SP.ATK, -Speed)
    Rain Dance
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Venusaur @Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow(Thick Fat)
    EV's- 4 HP, 252 SP.ATK, 252 SP.Def
    Nature- Quiet(+SP.ATK, -Speed)
    Venoshock
    Toxic
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed

Espeon @Focus Sash
    Ability- Magic Bounce
    EV's- 4 HP, 252 SP.ATK, 252 SP.DEF
    Nature- Mild(+SP.ATK, -DEF)
    Calm Mind
    Reflect
    Psychic
    Dazzling Gleam

Snorlax @Chesto Berry
    Ability- Thick Fat
    EV's- 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 SP.DEF
    Nature- Brave(+Sp.Atk, -Speed)
    Retaliate
    Rest
    Zen Headbutt
    Return

Lapras @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 156 HP / 72 Def / 208 SpA / 72 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Psychic

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You may have to do some re-breeding or some replacing with your Pokemon with some of these suggestions, I'm afraid. The vast majority of your team are also not worth using in OU, or are only good as their Mega Evolutions, which you can only have one of in the team.

As tempting as Light Ball Pikachu is, it's not worth using over Electric Pokemon like Wash Rotom and Thundurus. This is because of its frailty comparable to Attack forme Deoxys, as well as its not-bad-but-not-good Speed compared to said Electric Pokemon. Furthermore, it's so dependent on Light Ball that Knock Off ruins it (in fact, the vast majority of Knock Offs KO Pikachu, while the ones that don't make Pikachu significantly weaker by removing its Light Ball).

Wash Rotom:
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split/Rest
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry

Thundurus:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Psychic
    -Thunder Wave
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Flying)
    -Thunder Wave/Substitute/Focus Blast
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Knock Off
    -Superpower/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 76 Atk/180 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Charizard X is pretty much the only thing worth keeping, IMO. But Lonely hinders its good Defense, so Jolly is the better option. Also, Flare Blitz is the superior option over Fire Punch for the extra power; the recoil damage can be healed with Roost:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Dragon Claw
    -Roost/Earthquake
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 104 HP/220 Atk/184 Spe (outspeeds Choice Scarf Therian Landorus after a Dragon Dance) or 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze

Blastoise and Venusaur are only good in their Mega Evolved forms. Mega Blastoise is a decent bulky Rapid Spinner that threatens the vast majority of its switch-ins with Mega Launcher-powered attacks, but it lacks reliable recovery. Mega Venusaur has 2 of its weaknesses eliminated with Thick Fat, but you have to pick between that and Charizard. Better alternatives to both are Starmie (which provides Rapid Spin support for Charizard) and Ferrothorn (which can set up Stealth Rock, a very important entry hazard in competitive play):

Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Psyshock/Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam/Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Rapid Spin
    Ability: Natural Cure/Analytic

or
    -Scald
    -Psyshock/Reflect Type
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover
    EVs: 248 HP/32 Def/4 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure

Ferrothorn:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Iron Barbs

I'm doubtful about Espeon, but as an offensive Psychic Pokemon, it's outclassed by Mega Medicham, (Mega) Alakazam, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Gallade, as all four have wider move pools. The best it can do here is act as dual screens support (and Klefki does that better, IMO, since it has Prankster to get its screens up before the opponent does something to it):
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Baton Pass/Yawn
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Snorlax, I'm iffy on as well, but it can act as a neat Assault Vest user. While Zen Headbutt hits Fighting Pokemon, Return hits them almost as hard. Retaliate isn't worth using, as it can only be used after an ally has been KOed, and given Snorlax's bad Speed, Snorlax may end up being KOed itself or severely damaged before that happens. Rest also leaves Snorlax a sitting duck for two turns. Snorlax has a wide move pool filled with coverage moves, as outlined below:
    -Return/Body Slam
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake
    -Crunch/Pursuit/Fire Punch
    -Self-Destruct/Wild Charge
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Thick Fat

Lapras isn't that good, really. While it has good bulk, it's kind of wasted because of its bad defensive typing. If you must use an Ice Pokemon on the team, Mamoswine or Weavile are your best bets, as both have more offensive presence:

Mamoswine:
    -Icicle Crash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Freeze-Dry/Superpower
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 244 Atk/12 SAtk/252 Spe

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Endeavor
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Thick Fat/Oblivious

Weavile:
    -Knock Off
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard
    -Low Kick/Pursuit/Poison Jab
    Ability: Pressure

Years
  • You may have to do some re-breeding or some replacing with your Pokemon with some of these suggestions, I'm afraid. The vast majority of your team are also not worth using in OU, or are only good as their Mega Evolutions, which you can only have one of in the team.

As tempting as Light Ball Pikachu is, it's not worth using over Electric Pokemon like Wash Rotom and Thundurus. This is because of its frailty comparable to Attack forme Deoxys, as well as its not-bad-but-not-good Speed compared to said Electric Pokemon. Furthermore, it's so dependent on Light Ball that Knock Off ruins it (in fact, the vast majority of Knock Offs KO Pikachu, while the ones that don't make Pikachu significantly weaker by removing its Light Ball).

Wash Rotom:
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split/Rest

Thundurus:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Psychic
    -Thunder Wave

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Knock Off
    -Superpower/Thunder Wave

Charizard X is pretty much the only thing worth keeping, IMO. But Lonely hinders its good Defense, so Jolly is the better option. Also, Flare Blitz is the superior option over Fire Punch for the extra power; the recoil damage can be healed with Roost:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Dragon Claw
    -Roost/Earthquake
    EVs: 104 HP/220 Atk/184 Spe (outspeeds Choice Scarf Therian Landorus after a Dragon Dance) or 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

Blastoise and Venusaur are only good in their Mega Evolved forms. Mega Blastoise is a decent bulky Rapid Spinner that threatens the vast majority of its switch-ins with Mega Launcher-powered attacks, but it lacks reliable recovery. Mega Venusaur has 2 of its weaknesses eliminated with Thick Fat, but you have to pick between that and Charizard. Better alternatives to both are Starmie (which provides Rapid Spin support for Charizard) and Ferrothorn (which can set up Stealth Rock, a very important entry hazard in competitive play):

Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Psyshock/Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin

or
    -Scald
    -Psyshock/Reflect Type
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover

Ferrothorn:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave

I'm doubtful about Espeon, but as an offensive Psychic Pokemon, it's outclassed by Mega Medicham, (Mega) Alakazam, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Gallade, as all four have wider move pools. The best it can do here is act as dual screens support (and Klefki does that better, IMO, since it has Prankster to get its screens up before the opponent does something to it):
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Baton Pass/Yawn

Snorlax, I'm iffy on as well, but it can act as a neat Assault Vest user. While Zen Headbutt hits Fighting Pokemon, Return hits them almost as hard. Retaliate isn't worth using, as it can only be used after an ally has been KOed, and given Snorlax's bad Speed, Snorlax may end up being KOed itself or severely damaged before that happens. Rest also leaves Snorlax a sitting duck for two turns. Snorlax has a wide move pool filled with coverage moves, as outlined below:
    -Return/Body Slam
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake

Lapras isn't that good, really. While it has good bulk, it's kind of wasted because of its bad defensive typing. If you must use an Ice Pokemon on the team, Mamoswine or Weavile are your best bets, as both have more offensive presence:

Mamoswine:
    -Icicle Crash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Freeze-Dry/Superpower

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Endeavor

Weavile:
    -Knock Off
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard

Do you not see the theme of this team? I'm pretty sure the OP wanted a team based off Red's team in-game? Read the post properly before you pick it apart.

As for me, much as you might want a Red-themed team, Raichu kind outclasses Pikachu in every way. Also, Blastoise and Snorlax are generally better suited to defensive roles than offensive ones, i.e. giving them so many straight attacks might not be a good plan. Give their Smogon pages a check for some recommended sets to get you started.

Years
  • Hi please rate my team. I just recently got this from trading my Shiny pokemons I hatched. Can you tell me what moves I should use in turns? This will be in OU Single Battle's.
    <snip>

To answer your question, your team does not work well with the moves you have and is dependent on what the other team might have.

For example, Light Ball Pikachu's Lightning Rod ability can be convenient in-game with Rain Dance, as you can set up Rain Dance with a water pokemon like Blastoise and wait until you think an electric type move will be used against it. Then you switch to Pikachu, get a special attack boost when the electric move is used, and possibly devastate their team with no-miss Thunders. However that heavily depends on what the other person does to react to you, and they can just as easily throw off that strategy with a Mega Venusaur that does not care about Rain Dance, shrugs off Ice Beams and Thunders like they were nothing, and returns with Giga Drain or Earthquake.

If you are trying to use this in-game, I suggest making two teams with Pokemon from this team and try to make a better team out of both of them. Keep Blastoise and Charizard on different teams. Maybe you could use Mega Blastoise on one team?

I also wanted to say that if you want to battle in Smogon's tiers like OU Single Battle and you're using Pokemon Showdown, you might get more wins out of making your own teams and not relying on pokemon that you already have in the game. Plat's suggestions are good to help you in battling in OU Single and if you want to test his ideas out, it's easier and faster to make changes in Pokemon Showdown than just breeding pokemon.

Hope this helps! The rules of Smogon have turned many newbies into men. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2020
    You may have to do some re-breeding or some replacing with your Pokemon with some of these suggestions, I'm afraid. The vast majority of your team are also not worth using in OU, or are only good as their Mega Evolutions, which you can only have one of in the team.

Wash Rotom:
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split/Rest

Thundurus:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Psychic
    -Thunder Wave

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Knock Off
    -Superpower/Thunder Wave

-Dragon Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Dragon Claw
    -Roost/Earthquake

Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Psyshock/Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin

or
    -Scald
    -Psyshock/Reflect Type
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover

Ferrothorn:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave

-Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Baton Pass/Yawn

-Return/Body Slam
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake

Mamoswine:
    -Icicle Crash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Freeze-Dry/Superpower

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Endeavor

Weavile:
    -Knock Off
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard

Thank you so much for this. I gladly appreciate your advice and I will keep it in mind :D

Back