• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there! Can I interest you in some Jesus?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
How do you or your parents deal with Jehovah's Witnesses or other religious characters when they come knocking on your door? Any specific incidents come to mind?

This question could also deal with door-to-door salespeople lol

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
We don't open the door for anyone unless we can tell who it is. Sometimes they can see we're home through the window, but we just ignore them XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Back when my mom was living with an excommunicated Catholic priest (long story, don't ask), he would answer the door when Jehova's Witnesses came knocking and would actually outwit them with his own Bible and thelogy knowledge until they just left in disgrace. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
We usually open the door and once we know for sure why they're there, pretty much tell them to go away. Except, you know, politely.

But if I'm home alone, the only reason I'll answer the door is for the mailman. I'd rather just not deal with it at all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Am I the only one who's never encountered this? Once a Coke person knocked on my door and gave me free Coke. I accepted. The end!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Am I the only one who's never encountered this? Once a Coke person knocked on my door and gave me free Coke. I accepted. The end!
You're a lucky, lucky, woman, Toujours! Both for getting free Coke AND not having annoying salespeople/religious converters arrive at your doorstep.

Salespeople seem to come to our doorstep, and I'm normally tasked with getting rid of them, as I feel no shame in simply slamming the door in their faces. My mum and dad would feel 'shame' at acting so 'rudely' but, if it gets them away quicker, then what's the problem?! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
We don't deal with them because they don't come knocking.

Something tells me it's not just a coincidence Toujours and I haven't dealt with this. lol.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
My mom let's them talk for a bit, and then starts trying to convert them. lol

I answered the door while I was home alone once, and just stood there and let them babble at me for awhile. Then they gave me a business card type thingy, and left.

Also, I lol'd at the title.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
In the case of Jehovah's Witnesses, or any religious callers really, I'll let them say what they want for a bit. When I've heard enough, I just calmly explain that I'm an atheist and that I'm bisexual. Depending on what they have said, I'll either politely tell them that they're wasting their time, or tell them that if their God requires me to deny who I am to enter heaven, I'd rather go to hell than worship him.

I just don't usually answer salesmen. I can't have as much fun with them.

Years
I had someone knock at my door today that looked like someone I knew, so I answered and it turned out to be a Jehovah's Witness. He kept asking questions that were all along the lines of "Have you ever thought about why God...?" After a good 5 minutes, I told him that I wasn't looking to change my religious beliefs right now, and thanked him for his time.

I've seen them going up and down the streets about once a month, and I always wonder how successful Jehovah's Witnesses are at converting people door-to-door...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
We don't open the door for anyone unless we can tell who it is. Sometimes they can see we're home through the window, but we just ignore them XD

This. I'm the same exact way, though with noise. I usually have music or the TV blasting so it's blatantly obvious that someone is in the house.

I should just blast metal or watch Harry Potter the next time a church group comes knocking.
Maybe they wont stop by so much.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
"No."
Whatever they're asking, no.
REMOTESNLkristen502.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
If I thought they were at my door, I probably just wouldnt answer the door. If I happened to answer the door and they asked me if I wanted to know about their religion I would politely say "No thank you" One time, there were these two Mormon people that tried to talk to me about their religion when I was going out for a walk, I just said "No thanks" and kept walking.

Ayselipera

I live on a dead end back into the woods so it's rare that anyone takes the time to drive or walk down to my house. BUT WHEN THEY DO and my parents are here to get the door they just politely say they're not interested. If it's just me home though I do the drop to the floor and crawl below the window and then peek outside to see who it is. If I don't know them I just don't bother to get it and crawl back to where I was lololol.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Pretty much this for me. Except the coke bit. Either way, it's usually just people we know that come knocking on our door, so yeah...

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
For the religion and all, I believe want I want to believe, you believe what you want to believe. Don't push me to believe yours, for I shall ignore you, and get angry if you continue to try.

As for door to door? Pretend I'm not home if I notice them first, if they see me, I go out and politely refuse anything they try to give me and ask them to leave. If they continue I'll try to explain to them I'm not interested and not to come back again, if they come again....anger and maybe get police involved for harassment or something :P

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I've had some jehovah's witnesses, and even a bunch of mormons knocking on my door. I just tell them politely that I am not interested, but wish them the best of luck nonetheless.

Years
I've never had anyone come knocking, either. I think the major reason is that I'm a military brat. The majority of my life, I've either been living on base housing, overseas, in apartments, or out in the middle of nowhere. They don't sound like places where they'd go door-to-door. The closest I've been to it is some group handing out half-bibles out on college campus before; I just told them I already had a Bible.

Theoretically I'd politely tell them to leave, if I even opened the door.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
When people knock on my door to bother me about things I don't care about, I try to see how far I can veer the conversation into something they don't care about... Then see how long I can keep them there.

Taste of their own medicine.

Back