• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    Hi there,

my name is H.Lecter.

As you can see I am already a member for several years now. Back then I only registered for asking questions about Romhacks, but now I want to be more active in a Pokémon Community and because the big German Pokémon forums do not have a romhack (and RPG Maker Games) section I plan to be more active in this forum.

I hope I can meet nice people here and improve my English. My active English (speaking and writing) is really rusted because I only use my passive English (hearing and reading) really much.

About me:
    I am 25, live in Germany and I am studying for becoming a teacher in politics, economics, history, ethics and philosophy.

My hobbies are media related hobbies at the one side (video games, movies, music, concerts, collecting Blu-rays and DVDs, going to cinema, TV series, Anime, Manga, comics, books...) and the things I study at the other side (politics, history, education, society, sociology, philosophy...).

I was born in 1989 which means that the first Pokémon hype in Germany (first airing of the anime, the sticker albums, the trading card games and the first two editions) came when I was in primary school, therefore I was a huge Pokémon fan in my childhood. At my teenage years my intereset in Pokémon became smaller, until the point I only play the videogames. The last versions I owned where Saphire and Firered. Till then I only played romhacks and some fangames.
    For a long time I did not own a NDS so I could not play the newer versions and now I am owning one but, I still prefer romhacks because I love the 16 bit look of 3rd generation hacks much more over the look of the DS versions. I really like the graphics of Pokémon X and Y but unfortunately I do not own a 3DS (and I want to wait for the release of the New 3DS).

I played several romhacks over the years. My first was Pokémon Naranja. Some of my all time favorites where Pokémon Shinygold and Pokémon Rijon Adventures. At the moment I play Pokémon Liquid Crystal. I also play some Pokémon Zeta, but I really prefer playing on the handheld and therefore I play much more Liquid Crystal.
    I do own flashcards for my GBA and my NDS (EZ Flash IV, and R4i Gold) but I pfefer playing on my Android Handheld (Gametab One). I plan to recap the NDS Pokémon games when I am finished with Liquid Crystal.

I am no pro in training, breeding etc. My main goal in Pokémon games is beating the main story, finding all secrets and completing my Pokédex (also a reason why I prefer hacks, because none of my friends play Pokémon completing older versions without wifi trading is impossible).
    Besides the normal Editions I did not play that many Pokémon games. The only other game I played really long was Pokémon mystery dungeon for GBA.

So thats it :)

Years
  • Better late than never to make an introduction. ^_^ Welcome, Lecter! Good to have you aboard.

Yeah, we have quite a lot of people joining for hacking originally and then branching out into other parts of the forum later. I joined in 2006 at first for hacks like Shiny Gold and Brown.. and now I hardly even look around the hacks section, haha. There's just so much more to do here so it's hard to stick to a single area. It's great that you're looking to get more involved.

Hope you'll be able to get a 3DS soon - it's very worth it as it has so many amazing games, even outside of Pokemon. I'm very happy with mine and would recommend it to anyone.

Enjoy yourself here, yes? If you'd like to talk you're more than welcome to message me anytime!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hiii Lecter! We do indeed have a very nice ROM Hacking community here, so, you can check that out in the respective board anytime! And of course, there's always room to improve, so, you can stick around, and you'll pick up on things concerning language. <33

I haven't been to Germany, but it's great to hear that it has its own share of pokemon fans, and hype! And yeah, you'll be able to catch the new 3ds soon, in which you can maybe get a copy of ORAS too! And hopefully we can play together sometime. :3

We have respective boards here for pokemon related stuff like battles and trades, but you're welcome to check out whatever section you desire! And I hope we'll chat again; message me if you have any questions. <33

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    Thank you for your nice greeting :)

@Sheep: I think it is really great to see such an active forum :)

The New 3DS will be released in 2015 in europe, there I have to wait a little bit until I can enjoy the 3DS with it's library...^^

@Dragon: Yeah I really would like to play AS since I owned the original Saphire version (the most beautiful GBA cartridge in my opinion^^).

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Hi there,

my name is H.Lecter.

As you can see I am already a member for several years now. Back then I only registered for asking questions about Romhacks, but now I want to be more active in a Pokémon Community and because the big German Pokémon forums do not have a romhack (and RPG Maker Games) section I plan to be more active in this forum.

I hope I can meet nice people here and improve my English. My active English (speaking and writing) is really rusted because I only use my passive English (hearing and reading) really much.

About me:
    I am 25, live in Germany and I am studying for becoming a teacher in politics, economics, history, ethics and philosophy.

My hobbies are media related hobbies at the one side (video games, movies, music, concerts, collecting Blu-rays and DVDs, going to cinema, TV series, Anime, Manga, comics, books...) and the things I study at the other side (politics, history, education, society, sociology, philosophy...).

I was born in 1989 which means that the first Pokémon hype in Germany (first airing of the anime, the sticker albums, the trading card games and the first two editions) came when I was in primary school, therefore I was a huge Pokémon fan in my childhood. At my teenage years my intereset in Pokémon became smaller, until the point I only play the videogames. The last versions I owned where Saphire and Firered. Till then I only played romhacks and some fangames.
    For a long time I did not own a NDS so I could not play the newer versions and now I am owning one but, I still prefer romhacks because I love the 16 bit look of 3rd generation hacks much more over the look of the DS versions. I really like the graphics of Pokémon X and Y but unfortunately I do not own a 3DS (and I want to wait for the release of the New 3DS).

I played several romhacks over the years. My first was Pokémon Naranja. Some of my all time favorites where Pokémon Shinygold and Pokémon Rijon Adventures. At the moment I play Pokémon Liquid Crystal. I also play some Pokémon Zeta, but I really prefer playing on the handheld and therefore I play much more Liquid Crystal.
    I do own flashcards for my GBA and my NDS (EZ Flash IV, and R4i Gold) but I pfefer playing on my Android Handheld (Gametab One). I plan to recap the NDS Pokémon games when I am finished with Liquid Crystal.

I am no pro in training, breeding etc. My main goal in Pokémon games is beating the main story, finding all secrets and completing my Pokédex (also a reason why I prefer hacks, because none of my friends play Pokémon completing older versions without wifi trading is impossible).
    Besides the normal Editions I did not play that many Pokémon games. The only other game I played really long was Pokémon mystery dungeon for GBA.

So thats it :)

Hey Lecter, welcome to PC! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Your English seems just fine, you'll have no problem while navigating around the forums and communicating with people here. Either way, it's good to get acquainted with the various forums and subforums, and maybe make a few new friends here to get started, since they're a ton of things to do here. The subjects you're studying are really interesting, the main ones that are my favourites would have to be politics and ethics. The debate and reasoning that can come from those topics is absolutely amazing.

As the people above said, you should get a 3DS when you can, I'm sure you'll enjoy ORAS, and maybe have the chance to catch up on X and Y too! It's never too late though, I never started on X and Y until a little while back, story wise. But it's a wonderful game, and I'm glad I made the purchase.

Regardless, feel free to VM/PM me if you just want to chat or ask me anything, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. See you around, and have fun! Ciao. 0/

REALFireEagle

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, H.Lecter! If you want to improve your writing and reading skills, I'd advise you to go to the Fanfiction and Writing section and the Roleplaying Section. People there are great at their own stories. You'll get tips there as well. That's awesome to see another person that doesn't have English as their first language, it's pretty cool.

Well, see you around H.Lecter!

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
    Years
  • I've heard many pagan gods originate from germany

You sound nice. Your carrer choice is quite wise, although it can become quite stressing. What grade are you planning on teaching? I'd advise 7-9.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Greetings, I'm new to the site and am looking for friends who are interested in 3D modeling / Pokemon artwork of any kind. If a graphics guy like me can help you out in any way just send me a message

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    I've heard many pagan gods originate from germany

You sound nice. Your carrer choice is quite wise, although it can become quite stressing. What grade are you planning on teaching? I'd advise 7-9.
    Thank you. Are you a teacher too?

In Germany you have Pre-school with grades 1 - 4 (Ages 6/7 - 10) and the secondary school woth grades 5 - 9, 10 or 12 depending which kind of degree you make.

I am studying for the "Gymnasium" which is the school from grade 5 - 12 which leads to a degree which let's you study at university. Being a "Gymnasium" teacher makes me teach all grades from 5 to 12 which means all ages from 10 to 18.

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
    Years
  • Thank you. Are you a teacher too?

In Germany you have Pre-school with grades 1 - 4 (Ages 6/7 - 10) and the secondary school woth grades 5 - 9, 10 or 12 depending which kind of degree you make.

I am studying for the "Gymnasium" which is the school from grade 5 - 12 which leads to a degree which let's you study at university. Being a "Gymnasium" teacher makes me teach all grades from 5 to 12 which means all ages from 10 to 18.

No, I am not a teacher but I am close with someone who is. It should be a lost easier and less stressing to teach "gymnasium".

Back