• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Hey there. My name's Alex and I live just outside of Washington, DC.

Just a little info. The games that I have played/owned are:
    Diamond
    Platinum
    HeartGold
    Soulsilver
    Emerald
    Ruby
    Sapphire
    FireRed
    LeafGreen
    Gold
    and Crystal
    EDIT: Forgot about Coloseum and XD. Those were great games...

I only play HeartGold and Soulsilver now b/c I lost Emerald through Gold over the years but I would love to buy them on amazon and play them again...

Thanks for reading this!
    -Alex

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hi there Alex! Looks like you've played loads of the games - but no B/W! Any reason?

Hope to see you around :D Probably in the Pokémon gaming discussion!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Well the thing is that I got out of pokemon for like 2 years and I didn't even know that Black and White had come out so hahaha... I'll probably get B2 or W2 when it comes out in the US... Or has it already????? Ima newbie.

Alex

Years
  • Hey there. My name's Alex and I live just outside of Washington, DC.

Just a little info. The games that I have played/owned are:
    Diamond
    Platinum
    HeartGold
    Soulsilver
    Emerald
    Ruby
    Sapphire
    FireRed
    LeafGreen
    Gold
    and Crystal

I only play HeartGold and Soulsilver now b/c I lost Emerald through Gold over the years but I would love to buy them on amazon and play them again...

Thanks for reading this!
    -Alex

Hi Alex, I am Hikari.

So, you've played all those games? You should get Black and White cos it's about time you start playing 5th Generation. With B2/W2 on the way, now is a great time to play the original Black and White.

SwiftSign recommended the Pokemon Gaming boards to you, I lurk there frequently although Other/Pokemon Trivia is my main specialty.

If you ever need help, contact those with the bold name.

Anyways, have a great time and we might meet again...

- Hikari10, "Mad As Hell"

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Well the thing is that I got out of pokemon for like 2 years and I didn't even know that Black and White had come out so hahaha... I'll probably get B2 or W2 when it comes out in the US... Or has it already????? Ima newbie.

Alex

As far as I know BW2 doesn't make it to the US until October - Plenty of time to play the normal BW and catch up!

;D

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    I know you guys are just gonna say play the game and find out but whats the story line? Without ruining it!!!

-Alex

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    With such a long playing list, can I refer to you as a Pokémon lifer? I date anything from G/S/C among that category if you've been playing since then. Welcome, and come around the two forums for B/W and B2/W2 to see what everyone is saying about them. Some of the Pokémon are badass in Unova (I put Excadrill in that category classifying it as better than Dugtrio).

As far as I know BW2 doesn't make it to the US until October - Plenty of time to play the normal BW and catch up!;D
    Sites say October 7. Meanwhile, the closest Tuesday is the 9th. I'd go with that.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Haha sure. I'm a teenager so I only started playing when Ruby came out... Accomplished a lot... I feel proud! Out of all of them, I think that the R/S/E are the best. I liked the idea of 2 teams. One being good and one being bad. And the HM Dive was awesome... What did you mean by, "I date anything from G/S/C among that category if you've been playing since then?"

-Alex

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    R/B/Y were the first generation, G/S/C were second. R/S/E was third.

I consider anyone playing in the second generation a lifer. And I played a ROM, so I guess I count.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Oohhhh. I gotcha. Yeah kinda old games now... Man, I feel old even though I'm young.

Back