• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2013
    I'm a complete newbie here.

I've been playing pokemon since middle school. I'm currently a junior in my computer science major in college. Im interested in figuring out the emulation scene and play around with that. I glanced at the first tutorial and saw what seemed like a lot of Assembly or something low level language related. I'm not a great programmer when it comes to decryption and hacking, but I am always looking into different ways to improve what I have learned in books.

I'm also interested in old and new pokemon games, and look forward to gen vi. This forum attracts me, because it seems like I can chat with many different kinds of pokemon fans. I also hope to make friends in the process =)

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Hey there jsa0603, welcome to PokeCommunity.

We've got an Emulation Section here as you already know. Hopefully the tools and guides there make sense to you, cuz I don't get it at all :P
    I like playing ROM hacks so I look foward to seeing your ideas there.

Since you are a Computer Science major, perhaps you could help us less knowledgeable members (like me) over in the Technology and Internet forums.

If you are looking for any Pokemon, come by the Trade Corner. We don't bite :)

Anyhow, welcome again and I hope you our forums a welcoming place.

Years
  • Hey there Jsa, welcome to the forum~! Have a nickname? Jsa isn't really pronounceable or anything so it's hard for me to call you that, aha. But I can if you wish!

My best friend's also majoring in computer science and from what I hear it's enjoyable but also pretty difficult. Math just isn't my best subject. D: How are you finding it so far? And you've made a good choice stopping by if it's hacking you're interested in, as that's really, really popular here on PokeCommunity. It's quite a good idea to work on hacks to improve your programming skills, too - not only will you practice but you'll also be able to create an awesome game for people to enjoy. Pretty worth it, right? :3 If you're looking to work on a game, we should have a lot of tutorials and other tools over at Emulation to help you along. That's really all I can say on that subject since I don't have much talent when it comes to understanding how to create hacks, so I wish you luck on your hacking journey!

Lovin' your gen VI forumset by the way; don't those games look absolutely stunning?! <3; Glad to see you've already been speculating over at the X and Y section with our members. There's just so much activity going on over there and I doubt the hype will die anytime soon. Makes sense though, given how different these games look compared to the Pokemon we used to know. Hope you're as excited as I am to see the evolutions of the starters, ahhh. And no worries - you'll make friends here as that's inevitable on a forum of this size, plus we have some really amazing people exploring the community. In fact, I'm open to be one of your first friends if you're interested! Always great to meet more people, after all~

Anyway, enjoy your stay here and you can always contact me or Cid if you need any help at all!

Back