• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hi

Sea Salt

I think I'm sane
Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    Not really much for intros, so I'll cut to the chase.

I'm sea salt, used to be a pretty avid pokemon online user for 3 or so years, but after everyone started moving to showdown I lost interest. Now pretty much all I do is play league and nuzlocke random roms on occasion, though i've slowly been getting back into 'competitive'.

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! We'll give you a warm welcome :) People here are so friendly.
    What's your Favorite Game?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Hi there, Sea Salt! Great to see you around here!

I see you already found your way to the Pokémon Game Month (and beat my highscore there with a factor 1.5).
    If you're a fan of Nuzlockes, you really should check out the Nuzlocke thread at Challenges or you could do one of the many others there. Challenges are always great ways to play the same game in a completely new style.

There is a nice competitive community here on our own part of the Showdown server, or you can talk about it at Battling and Team Building.

You can always message me in case you have a question or want to chat.

Have fun on PokéCommunity!

Years
  • How did I not welcome you sooner? But anyways, I'm here now so hey welcome aboard Sea Salt!

If you're into challenges and competitive battling, H.A.N. got those areas covered so go visit them if you haven't already. I'm not good at challenges nor am I a serious battler but you'll definitely enjoy all the challenge threads and tournaments going around. Maybe you'll even consider branching out into other areas after some time you've gotten adjusted to here, but we'll see.

Anyways, good luck with your plans and if you ever want someone to talk to leave me a visitor message whenever you are interested! See you around for now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is there any reason as to why you've lost interest in competitive scene once others had started migrating to Pokémon Showdown? Simulator itself, maybe? Perhaps something else?

Haha, don't worry; I'm sure something will spark your interest again eventually. Although Showdown took me a while to get used to, once I did become familiar with its system, I grew into a decent fan. If you ask me, it's not such a bad simulator; being able to play directly from browser does feel more nifty.

Welcome to PC, Salt. I hope you have an awesome stay here, and enjoy all your visits. Please feel free to contact any staffers if you're ever in need of some assistance; they'll be glad to help, I'm positive!

Sea Salt

I think I'm sane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    Is there any reason as to why you've lost interest in competitive scene once others had started migrating to Pokémon Showdown? Simulator itself, maybe? Perhaps something else?

I pretty much lost interest in Pokemon as a whole after PO died, though ORAS re-ignited the passion to actually play the games casually, I haven't gotten around to playing competitive.

To be fair I mainly went on PO to use the chat, I rarely ever played.

Hikamaru said:
    How did I not welcome you sooner? But anyways, I'm here now so hey welcome aboard Sea Salt!
    H.A.N said:
    Hi there, Sea Salt! Great to see you around here!
    cRaCkZ said:
    Welcome to PC!

Thanks everyone.

Years
  • I tried PO a few times.. but it never stuck. :c Showdown seems a lot more comfortable for me, especially since you don't need to download anything haha. It's also pretty sleek and easy to use. To be honest I almost wasn't aware PO was still around? Shows how much I know.

...that aside, welcome to PC, Sea. (b'')b This place is perfect for absolutely any Pokemon fan so I'm sure you'll enjoy it (or I'll cross my fingers you do). Lemme know if you need some assistance whenever and have a good experience!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ooh, nice name! Looove sea salted potato chips, nyhaha~ Ah, and it's cool that you're into online; we've got a showdown server if you're interested too! It's where our battle regulars go! Welcome to the forums, by the way~ ^^

I hope that we'll be able to see you around to discuss pokemon and such! Again, we have a nice competitive section here, so, maybe you can check it out sometime! I hope we can learn about you more soon, and I hope to see ya' later~ <33

Back