• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Hibike! Euphonium

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Hibike! Euphonium

Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school's brass band club as a first year. Kumiko's classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.

PV:

First impression: It'll be K-On...with a brass band instead.
    Second impression after seeing the PV: ...Trippy. I smell some yuri undertones.
    Third impression after watching the first episode: THIS IS SO ADORABLE. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT.

Is anyone else watching this wonderful little piece of KyoAni bliss? If so, who is your favorite character, and what are your first impressions?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'll give it a shot today. If only for KyoAni. If it turns out to be in line with something like Nodame Cantabile, I'm game. But if it turns out to be anything like K-On! then...yeah, probably not. :p

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i'm watching it! it is a LOT like K-ON, especially the OP. the way the characters are introduced is practically identical - but at least now we know what we're getting ourselves into.

i still find it fun enough to watch though, so i'll probably see it through to the end unless it becomes too cringeworthy in any way.
    my favourite character so far is Kumiko, but that's mainly because all other characters are still 'stereotypes' for the moment to me. my opinion may change once we get to know everyone better though. c:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I believe this actually has some drama so I'm not expecting it to be a full on K-On clone.

Not that K-On is bad,

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Maybe because I really loved K-On but I didn't really get the same vibes from this as I did, probably because I don't like the main characters as much as I did there and there's no comedy really. Guess I'll keep watching

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Another lovely episode

Spoiler:

Asuka Langley best girl.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    The first episode brings back memories of when I first picked up trombone when they were trying to play using the mouthpiece.

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Episode 4.

Spoiler:

I freaking love this show. It's much better than K-On.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Alright, I might start liking the teacher a little bit.

Spoiler:

Years
    This is one of my favourites this season, Kumiko is a great MC and I love the way the story has progressed. I know everybody was joking that it's just K-On with brass but I was quite pleasantly surprised to see an actual storyline and nicely done drama. It's overall just incredibly solid and enjoyable.

Also I love the ED.

Years
    I saw the first episode, and I really enjoy the clean Slice of Life, marching band feel the anime has. The art is good the music is awesome.

Years
    ...not really.

In appearance sure, otherwise I don't see the similarities at all. I think people are too quick to compare it to K-On, but I guess it can't be helped considering the initial setting is very much the same.

Back