• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hidden Ability Speculation

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    To date, all of the starters in Gen I-VI have had their Hidden Abilities available for in-game play through events, Friend Safari, etc. What do you think/hope the Hidden Abilities will be for not just the starters, but all of the Pokemon revealed so far in Alola?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I could see Incineroar getting something like Intimidate or Sheer Force, Decidueye getting Sniper, and Primarina getting Serene Grace

jdprager

OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE HYDREIGON
    Years
  • I could also see primarina having pixilate, although that would be almost certainly the second/third (Sylveon?) hyper voice, pixilate combo

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Levitate/Sniper makes sense for Dicidueye
    Contrary/Defiant/No Guard makes thematic sense (since he's a heel) for Incineroar

Years
  • I'm with MegaKuriboh's idea of Serene Grace for Primarina. Although it'll make Scald damn overpowered.

Years
  • I think the starters will all get a completly new hidden ability. Like the gen 6 starters. I mean protean, magician and bulletproof all are good (with the exception magician, which is only good for item-farming). So I think all of them will get a completly new Hidden Ability. But I have to admit, that Serene Grace, Sheer Force and Adaptability would be perfect for the three starters. But if they are using existing Abilitiys for the starters, then I think Decidueye would get Shadow Tag. It's new attack is the best hint for a trapping Ability xD

Years
    • Seen today
    make Scald damn overpowered
    triggered

I'm hoping Decidueye doesn't get Sniper due to battling reasons, but it really seems appropriate considering its appearance. Technician could be cool as well.

Years
  • Phyromatical could be right - we might just end up getting three new abilities altogether, considering how many 7th Gen Pokemon have been getting brand new abilities so far.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    All I'm hoping is that they don't pull another Greninja and make Decidueye's ability incredibly overpowered compared to the other two, I want all of them to get equally useful abilities, and if they are all unique even better.

As for non starters I hope Alolan Raichu gets a hidden ability, I think having Static like regular Raichu would be nice.

Years
  • I really want Primarina to get Dancer as an ability. Especially if a Quiver Dance happens. <3

Except that Quiver Dance is unlikely to happen due to its Japanese name being Butterfly Dance, which explains why it's limited to butterfly and moth-based Pokemon as far as non-Lilligant users go.

All I'm hoping is that they don't pull another Greninja and make Decidueye's ability incredibly overpowered compared to the other two, I want all of them to get equally useful abilities, and if they are all unique even better.

As for non starters I hope Alolan Raichu gets a hidden ability, I think having Static like regular Raichu would be nice.

For some reason I feel the Alola Forms won't get hidden abilities, since most of them are already getting different abilities from what their regular counterparts have.

And yes, equal starter treatment please. Greninja oversaturation was what annoyed me a lot in 6th Gen (I don't personally hate Greninja but I do get sick of it stealing the spotlight).

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    If the Pokémon descriptions have anything to do with their Ability, the Water Starter should have Dancer as the HA.

Shadow Trap won't make sense with the Grass Signature Move.

I feel No Guard, Sheer Force, etc are fitting for Fire.

No I haven't bothered learning to spell the names.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the idea of Decidueye having Levitate as its Hidden Ability. Primarina will probably get Serene Grace aaaand Incineroar could get Moxie. That's probably more wishful thinking but still possible!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If Alolan Form get no Hidden Abilities, then I guess it will be really limited to use Sandslash and Ninetails because Hail is not really used compared to Sandstorm.

Years
  • If Alolan Form get no Hidden Abilities, then I guess it will be really limited to use Sandslash and Ninetails because Hail is not really used compared to Sandstorm.

I agree that Alolan Sandslash and Ninetales are already facing a downside to their regular forms competitively since both having Snow Cloak means they need a Hail team to be effective and Hail is the most unviable weather of all. Alolan Sandslash also faces the issue of 4x weaknesses to two common types.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I like the idea of Decidueye having Levitate as its Hidden Ability. Primarina will probably get Serene Grace aaaand Incineroar could get Moxie. That's probably more wishful thinking but still possible!

Eh tbh I don't get why Decidueye would get Levitate as a HA, it seems like a bit of a random HA (why wouldn't all Decidueye's be able to avoid Ground-type attacks?). Though I guess we have had Pokémon in the past where Levitate is one of their potential abilities (e.g. Bronzong) but eh it's never made too much sense to me tbh.

I think Technician would be a cool HA for Decidueye to have, since it brings to mind precision and focus imo which I feel Decidueye would make use of.

Back