• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials Tutorial] Hidden Encounters

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
  • Hidden Encounters is a sort of sidegrade expansions to the concept of Audino/Rustling Grass, introduced in Gen 5 games. Instead of random spots of grass rustling with special encounters in them, every tile with a valid encounter table has a second encounter table, which has a 15% chance of triggering, and getting an encounter from its Hidden variant. If your map has any of the Land variants, and you also have HiddenLand in your Encounters.txt, there is a 15% chance you will have encounters pulled from HiddenLand. Of important note is that the Hidden Encounters have less slots than their normal variants. You can, of course, change this in the script the same way you would any encounter table. Same with the encounter ratios. In the resource, every encounter slot shares an equal-ish value of being encountered.

The script also allows you to set a theme to play for Hidden Encounters. All you have to do is define it in Metadata.txt as a brand new field called HiddenBattleBGM.

You can define the following fields now in Encounters.txt to pull up the Alternate Encounter Table:
    • HiddenLand
    • HiddenWater
    • HiddenCave
    • HiddenOldRod
    • HiddenGoodRod
    • HiddenSuperRod
    • HiddenBugContest
    Each of these fields is fairly self explanatory to what they correspond to. HiddenLand corresponds to all Land-based Encounter Tables.

As I'm struggling to format this properly on PokeCommunity, I have pasted all of the code to pastebin, as well of the instructions to follow. Follow every instruction carefully!

https://pastebin.com/iT3wDH67

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
  • More specific than Phenomena, because Phenomena also accounts for the fact that some of those have items in them. This one is purely about wild Pokemon encounters. In a nutshell you could describe it that way, but I didn't because I figured that to call it Phenomena would also be implying the aforementioned item aspect of it.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
  • I've posted an update to the pastebin, as a critical issue was discovered with the resource which made the Hidden Battle BGM play during Trainer Battles- whoops! The change now allows you to set the track for Hidden Battles in metadata.txt, under a new field called HiddenBattleBGM.

EDIT: ... And a really quick change to implement for if a map has a preset specific BGM. I forgot about that entirely <_<;

Last edited:
    Back