• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] High grass functionality in FireRed

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    So I remade the high grass from R/S/E in FireRed and used this tutorial: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=252704 to have its animation working. One thing I can't figure out is how to get the move Cut to remove the grass upon using it. Would I have to use a triple-tile layer for this? Also how can I disable bicycle/running shoes usage on the high grass?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I don't think either of those are possible in FR. IIRC there is no way to cut grass with Cut in this version.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I don't think either of those are possible in FR. IIRC there is no way to cut grass with Cut in this version.
    m8 use cut in any patch of tall grass and bam you have a 3x3 patch of tall-grassless ground around you
    i'd love to look into this myself but am visiting family very soon and will not likely have time ahaha :(

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Is it possible in FR? Weird. I thought they took it out.

Back