• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High School Sucks aleady .-.

Ayselipera

Awhh don't worry it just takes time to get into the swing of things. I remember my freshman year it was almost impossible to get from gym which was on the first floor all the way up to science on the third floor. Eventually though I realized that there were other, faster ways of getting there. I just didn't know the school layout that well.

You could also talk to the teacher that you always come in late for. Usually if you explain to teachers that your last class is really far away and not to mention everyone walks ridiculously slow in the hallways she may give you a little more time. Even if that doesn't work you can always talk to your guidance counselor and they may talk to your teachers or like you asked switch your classes around.

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
    Years
    Getting used to your schedule doesn't happen overnight; it takes several days, or maybe weeks for you to get used to your new schedule. Maybe you should've walked from class to class in school just before school actually started.

I am never late and got my schedule down, not that hard.
    A Science
    B FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    C Psychology
    D Social studies

Its not hard, just pay attention!

Years
    I had 9 hours maximum, last week on Thursday.
    The last grade of my Technical Economy School.
    A lot of formal work with Polish and Math. It's quite hard, but I must do everything to pass the exams and get nice results.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    When I started sixth form college last year, we were required to walk between two sites, to get to lessons. Now, I wasn't used to this, and found myself late for every lesson! It was frustrating and I hated it, because I could never make it on time. Advice: wear comfy flats, not heels (that's if you wear any).
    Don't panic; I'm sure teachers understand your situation, and you'll get used to the strict schedule.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I was always the goody-goody in high school (only gotten a couple B's, otherwise all A's, and zero detentions lol)... my how times have changed since then :P

I quite enjoyed high school actually, and since I raced my friends to class I was never late, lol

You might want to talk to the teachers of those two classes about the situation... they might let you leave early or excuse you if you show up late. Or maybe the principal and complain about the poor layout of the school and what were they thinking. Seriously, though, if you're a good student I would think they could cut you a little slack.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Talk to the school staff about it and get an arrangement worked out. Tell them that with your schedule, it is impossible to get from point A to point B without running.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    High school doesn't start out fun and then it becomes hateful. It's the other way around, really.

Give it time and find your rhythm.
    It starts out hateful. Then it ends.

See, I never believed it when people told me, "Freshmen year is the worst. After that, it's much different."

It's true. Survive freshmen year. It's hard to do, but survive it. Only good will result.

...my freshmen year was seriously horrible. I was an inch away from snapping...

...also, you're in band? Cool! Marching?

And finally...

I go from one end of the school to another about twice a day. SIT-FU (Suck It Up).

...or at least that's the advice I was given. SIT-FU works on just about everything.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I always think I'm going to be tardy, since there are traffic jams in the hallway, and the place is huge, but I'm always early. xD

I still hate high school though. </3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well....
    I'm having hard time getting from my 8th hour to 9th hour...
    from band to science o .e ive been tardy 3 times....
    I EVEN RUN! andi can't make it....
    should i get my classes changed? o .e
    If its that hard then I'd talk to a counselor. Or just try to cope with it as much as I can.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm in my second year of high school. NO MORE FRESHMAN FRIDAY ;D Trust me, you'll get used to running around and the massive amount of work you get. You'll hate it, but you'll get used to it. I have. xD

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Just started Year 11 and I've been thrown straight back into the bottomless pit that is BTEC Art coursework. The only reason I've stuck with it is because I really like the thick hardback books they give us. I've spend most of this weekend studying the history of Still Life Art and preparing a massive-ish presentation on it.

All of my other lessons haven't been too bad to be honest. I'm dreading finding out what we're doing in maths now that GCSE's are done with.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Well....
    I'm having hard time getting from my 8th hour to 9th hour...
    from band to science o .e ive been tardy 3 times....
    I EVEN RUN! andi can't make it....
    should i get my classes changed? o .e
    You'll get used to it. Try and figure out another way of getting there, there's almost always more than one route. That's the first thing I learned when I started.
    And high school can be awesome if you try and make the best of it. Granted, I consider it both the best and worst years of my life so far, but... it's worth it.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    If you can't switch classes, then why not try to explain to your teacher that you cannot get to your next class in time? Maybe the teacher could let you out early or write you a pass, explaining to your next teacher the problem? =/
    I'm not sure how the teachers are in your school but in mine, the teachers will always listen to you and try to help out with anything. Very nice ^^

Back