• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hints to pokemon yellow remake?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I'd definitely rather have a Yellow remake than R/S/E. I just fear if they did do a Yellow remake, it wouldn't have enough to it if it was just kanto.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wouldn't mind a Yellow remake, personally, but just like most people here, I would rather see remakes for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. d: I've been wanting to see remakes of them ever since generation five. Plus, there's more Hoenn references in the games than those to Kanto, which makes me think why R/S/E remakes are a little more likely. If they do make these remakes, then one feature that I'd like to see them bring back is walking Pokémon, like the way in HeartGold and SoulSilver. It would be pretty sweet if they had introduced some new mega-evolutions, too. (: I really want them to give a mega form to Skarmory, if possible. Mega Skarmory would be gaining a few boost to its offensive stats, and to make it not seem overpowered, it would be losing a bit of its defensive stats. It'd also be quite epic if they'd given a mega-evolution to Metagross.

Another thing that I'd like to see them give us is a couple of additional post-game content, so that we could keep playing the games even after we're done with defeating the champion and Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    one feature that I'd like to see them bring back is walking Pokémon, like the way in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Yellow Version.

A really cool feature would also be making walking pokemon OPTIONAL and not requiring the pokemon that walks with you to be the first in your party.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I doubt it. I think if they were going to remake Yellow, they would have done so when Fire,Green and Blue were remade. I also prefer RSE to be remade.

And it wasn't just for fanboys (And girls) of the anime because most hate pikachu. It is just because Pikachu always gets special treatment. Just look at most of the spin offs. Pikachu is the main character in almost everyone of them.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I guess that's true, but then again, can't you just play firerd or leafgreen, for the actual story?
    Also what you said about people only seeing what they want to see is very true. I was even doing it when I saw the hoenn references this design, without even acknowledging the other references :P

Yes you could just play those or an emulator. All I was saying is neither Gen 1 nor Gen 3 is playable on the current handheld system. If you were to remake one you should remake the other. If this is in regards to gathering Pokemon we have to see how many Gen 3 Pokemon are unavailable in Gen 5 or 6. With the ease of Pokebank they only need to give us Pokemon that aren't in the past two generations. This is all disregarding the fact that you can still transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 all the way to Gen 6 and Pokebank.

Pinta77

Ya it's still possible to transfer from 3rd gen, but it's a pain unless you already have your gen 3 pokemon on the most current gen. While it's still "possible" to get these pokemon, you gotta think that maybe the kids who are just getting into pokemon don't have gen 3 games.

Also, I really liked 3rd generation. I first started pokemon in gen 2 on crystal version, right before ruby and sapphire came out. I stuck with crystal for awhile, but I still loved gen 3 rs&e. fr&lg, not so much but they're still ok. So of course there's gonna be people who don't like gen 3, but there's still a lot of people who do. And a lot of people would buy a gen 3 remake i think.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Although gen 1 isn't transferable to gen 6, we have heartgold and soulsilver which contain the majority of Kanto Pokemon so we can transfer these Pokemon quite easily. If Pokemon from that said region can't be found in the new region, or any title transferable to it, then there should be remakes, however, this isn't really the case as most are easily found including the legendary Mewtwo.

Just want to say between Gens 4 and 5 you can get all Hoenn Pokemon if you did not miss the Deoxys and Jirachi events. You can get all of the Hoenn Pokemon minus the Starters and Legendary Weather Trio in Gen 5 alone when the Dream World was available. So really, this kinda statement destroys itself when defending any want for Gen 3 remakes.

Only point to doing a remake now is update to new digital standards and retelling the story, which is currently needed for all 5 previous generations thanks to Gen 6 which blows sprite format away.

These are the only two reasons they'd need to be remade. And again these two reasons apply to all previous games.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • You guys talk about the remakes like they have to do it. They don't. The only reason FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver were made was because Gen 1 and 2 games were non-compatible With Gen 3 and 4 games. Ruby Sapphire and Emerald are still compatible with Gen 6 You just have to work your way down the river. We may get a Gen 3 remake but it might be years away.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I don't fancy a Yellow remake.
    We already have FRLG as Red, Blue, Green AND Yellow's remake.
    Also, HGSS already introduced back the Pokemon-following-behing thing exclusive only to Yellow back then.
    I would be horribly disappointed if they do not remake RSE.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't fancy a Yellow remake.
    We already have FRLG as Red, Blue, Green AND Yellow's remake.
    Also, HGSS already introduced back the Pokemon-following-behing thing exclusive only to Yellow back then.
    I would be horribly disappointed if they do not remake RSE.

Follow you wasn't exclusive to yellow. You could do it with select Pokemon in Sinnoh as well with the exact same mechanic as they had in HG/SS.

FR/LG did not count as Yellow's remake either as it did not use the story from yellow. Yellow was a special edition with a different story revolving around Pikachu and the Trainer.

Even with that, theres no guarantee we're getting any kind of remake with the Gen 7 hint in the new games. Its presence trumps any remake hint.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind having a Pokemon Yellow remake. It's just that Pikachu is so damn useless in the first gym (Well, it is actually a Rock based gym, which takes neutral damage from electric moves, but both of Brock's Pokemon had an added Ground type to make Pika useless altogether). GF should either relocate the position of the Rock gym, or give Brock some alternative Rock types that don't have the additional Ground typing.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • I will repeat myself as I have many times before.

Gen 3 doesn't need a remake like Gen 1 and 2 got because you can still transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 all the way to our current Gen 6. This was impossible with Gen 1 and 2 until the remakes came. Now we can get all the Pokemon.

A secondary thing I would like to note. You can use the argument that we can't play Gen 3 on the most current system, 3DS/2DS. If that is the case we can't play and Gen 1 games either. If Gen 3 gets a remake, Gen 1 should get one as well. As of today we can play Gen 2 (remake), Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6. This leaves Gen 1 and 3 needing remakes.

On a personal note Gen 3 is my least favorite. It's the only generation I have never finished. It is the awkward generation that was overall just lacking in almost every aspect to me. I feel as though many people value it because it's the first generation they played or really payed attention too.

This! So much this! Ive been arguing this for years, and most people just try and shoot me down. Gen 1 and 2 were originally remade because these games could not be played on the current systems (of the time), and because of the incompatibility between gens 1+2 with 3+. With these remakes, the gap has been bridged. Gen 3 doesn't technically need a remake for the same reasons gen 1+2 did, and so you cannot have it as part of a pattern than gen 3 must follow the others to be remade.
    If gen 3 gets remade, it will be purely for graphical and gameplay reasons. and from that point of view, gen 1 is now in exactly the same situation as gen 3 as far as technically needing a remake. There's functionally the same amount of reasons at this time to remake gen 1 again as there is to remake gen 3.
    People argue that we get to go to Kanto in gen 4 as well with the HG/SS remakes. But again, this does not count as a remake, as it is an optional after game activity, and has no real story. The layout and feel is also very different to the original Kanto, and so the two cannot be compared.
    I personally do not care if they remake them. Gen 3 was my least favorite generation thus far, but if they remake it, i'd probably play it. But gen 1, i would like to see a remake of (cos its my second fave gen). If they remake them both, then kaching! But in general, remake all, just one, or neither, im not that bothered either way XD

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    Am I the only one who is tired of remakes? I don't mind visiting old regions, but if we do it at least let us do it in a new adventure.

Nah, I also don't care for remakes (only remake I got was FireRed and that was just because I hadn't played Pokemon in ages when it came out, something which I can't even play anymore because the 3DS isn't Backwards-Compatible with GBA games).

With the storage media the 3DS uses, it's clearly possible to include multiple regions from any of the previous generations in the same game and then some. I daresay would be in the franchise's best interest for GF to take advantage of the fact the 3DS is compatible with an 8GB cartridge system (I mean the Nintendo Game Card, not the SD card).

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
  • As much as I love Kanto, I hate too much this electric rat.
    I would prefer a game where delibird or diggserby are the mascots.

I hope this not true.

I find it ironic that you say that you hate Pikachu so much and yet your avatar is of Red and his Pikachu.

And no. I don't think a yellow remake is next. Logically it would be the R/S/E series. Considering they've been going in chronological order so far. Not to mention, I actually find it unfair that Pikachu gets a better sound effect in the game. Did anybody else notice how terrible Scyther sounds?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I find it ironic that you say that you hate Pikachu so much and yet your avatar is of Red and his Pikachu.

And no. I don't think a yellow remake is next. Logically it would be the R/S/E series. Considering they've been going in chronological order so far. Not to mention, I actually find it unfair that Pikachu gets a better sound effect in the game. Did anybody else notice how terrible Scyther sounds?

I actually never noticed it lol(chose it because of red).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yellow honestly doesn't need to be remade, we have gen 1 remakes already. Crystal wasn't remade because HGSS are actually remakes of Crystal with Gold and Silver version differences applied to them; HGSS also had following Pokémon, which is arguably much better than having just Pikachu follow you. Yellow is just an enhanced Blue Version, and we already have enhanced remakes of it, so I can't say the Kanto references are hinting at that.

If anything, they're thrown in there to toss a bone to the older players who are jumping back in on the Pokémon games after only having played gen 1.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If there's Kanto game remakes, it won't be a Yellow remake. That game was only made to cash in on the then huge popularity of the Pokemon, particularly the anime. Otherwise though beyond the starters and Pikachu deal, and Jessie/James, Pokemon Yellow was the same as RB. And as mentioned before, FRLG are already remakes of those two, not Yellow.

I really do not see this being a hint towards new remakes of the Kanto games at any rate. There's references to every single generation in X&Y, and not just one-offs to any generation or region either. Given it already has a remake too... I think it's more hopeful than anything. And besides, having Pokemon follow you in HGSS just like in Yellow didn't result in a remake then either. Nor did RSE references in 5th gen games lead to a RSE remake then. =p

Back