• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Hisuian Samurott Tera Raid solo strats?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • The new tera 7-star raid was announced; Hisuan Samurott with Water tera type. What is everyone planning to try for the raid?

Last Samurott was Aqua Cutter, Megahorn (to go with Bug tera), Night Slash, and Drill Run, but I am thinking the +crit moves and using Focus Energy were to help since it had Shell Armor for an ability. With Sharpness as an ability and the Water tera, I am wondering if they will code in a different direction and give it Slash, Razor Shell, Drill Run, and maybe go X-Scissor for Grass-type coverage? Possibly with a Sword's Dance during different stages of the timer.

Thinking about Torterra with Shell Armor, Lurantis with Contrary, or maybe even Scovillain with Moody. Mainly, all of them can have Worry Seed, and taking out Sharpness would go a long way in the raid. I am leaning towards Scovillain, because I've never used one, but it is the only one with a base speed higher than Samurott of my three choices.

Hisuian Samurott Tera Raid solo strats?

Scovillain
    Ability: Moody
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Tera: Grass
    Held Item: Shell Bell
    - Solar Beam
    - Sunny Day
    - Burning Jealousy
    - Worry Seed

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Probably knows all the slicing moves it can. Consists of Aerial Ace/Air Slash, Ceaseless Edge/Night Slash, X-Scissor, Aqua Cutter/Razor Shell, Slash, and Sacred Sword. Probably throws in a Swords Dance for flavor. Guesses something like:
    - Aqua Cutter
    - Ceaseless Edge
    - Air Slash / X-Scissor
    - Sacred Sword / Slash

Glanced at Unovan Samurott's raid: Aqua Cutter, Mega Horn, Night Slash, and Drill Run. Not too different.

Agrees on suppressing the ability. Cannot Skill Swap Sharpness onto any Leaf Blade or Solar Blade Pokemon, with the exception of Gallade (who already has Sharpness). Too bad.

Hm. Has a pretty respectible Special Stat. Leaves Attack drops to Intimidators. Needs something able to take Air Slashes. Probably something Electric. Eelektross? Gastro Acid, Acid Spray, Thunderbolt, and Charge Beam/Lunge. Packs Levitate in case of Drill Run too. Sounds solid.

Bets on Miraidon and Rotom (Wash) doing well too. Handles Water attacks easily.

Wants to give some iffy Pokemon like Alolan Raichu and Palossand a shot. Notes Skill Swap on both to drop the damage. Deals with nasty Dark and Water moves, unfortunately. (Loses Water Compaction in the process too, which is not great.) Seems possible, but definitely not optimal. Oh, and probably a chance for Pachirisu too. Depends on the buff/debuff clears, of course.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I thought about Gastro Acid when looking at Worry Seed users, since Victreebell can learn both and also has access to Acid Spray and special Grass-type moves as well.

Maybe Swalot with Curse/Gastro Acid/Acid Armor/Seed Bomb, tera Grass.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I haven't done the raid yet, but I saw someone in a Facebook group post that they did well with a support Victreebel. Max HP, Max DEF, +6 SAtk. Worry Seed, Clear Smog, Giga Drain, Reflect. Big Root/Metronome item.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Completed the raid. The rough particulars:

Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Ceaseless Edge, Razor Shell, X-Scissor, and Sacred Sword.
    Out-of-turn moves: Swords Dance (start of raid), Bulldoze (after Turn 1, approximately), and Focus Energy (half health).
    Ability: Sharpness

Hits hard out the gate without support. Advises discouraging Razor Shell. Lowers your Defense 50% of the time. Prefers super-effective X-Scissors over neutral Razor Shells.

Won with two different Pokemon. Chose Shell Bell for both, per usual.

1. Eelektross with Thunderbolt, Acid Spray, Gastro Acid, and Lunge (unused). Pretty straightforward. Gastro Acid turn 1. Acid Spray as many times as able. Faint. Come back and zap it while Terastallized. Fainted twice in the process (including while Terastallized). Had plenty of time left, relatively speaking.

2. Leavanny with Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Protect, and Entrainment. Replaced Sharpness with Overcoat (do not give it Swarm). Racked up some Tera Orb charges with Leaf Blade. Fainted a long time later (barely hung on + one paralyzed turn for Samurott).

Stacked Swords Dances and Terastallized upon returning. Fired off one Leaf Blade before getting the buff clear and debuff clear. Protected once to let Intimidates build. Returned to Swords Dancing...and then got crit. (Did not Focus Energy because of paralysis either. Was just unlucky.) Still won, despite that. Was not that close either.

Credits the allied Pokemon for this one. Rolled with Arcanine, Tauros, and Bellibolt both times. Double Intimidate and paralysis (or burn)? Sure. (Suspected set partner teams for a while, rather than three random allies. Noticed Clodsire, Arboliva, and...Toxapex(?) together often too.)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Accidentally connected to the Internet and lost the Eevee event (curse words), so I went ahead and did the raid. Actually managed to beat it with Scovillain! Turn one Worry Seed (switched to Focus Sash so I could get it off before shield). Sunny Day after dying. Then Giga Drain to build charges and Terastalize as soon as possible. I really should have maxed my Giga Drain PP since I used all 10 on the raid I beat Samurott in. NPC Pokémon were Staraptor (with Intimidate and Feather Dance), Aracanine (with Intimidate), and Dundunsparce (with Glare). I tried twice before this raid and failed, though the second time an Arboliva gave me a chance. Finished Samurott off with a Solar Beam under Sunny Day for the last two turns, I raced against the clock and trusted being faster than it with Paralyze active. Forgot to screenshot my final buffs/debuffs, but I know for sure I didn't have any Special Attack buffs lol.

Final build:
    EVs: Max HP, Max Def, +6 SAtk
    Ability: Moody
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Tera: Grass
    Held Item: Focus Sash
    - Solar Beam
    - Sunny Day
    - Giga Drain
    - Worry Seed

EDIT: I had to commit to win with Scovillain since I wasn't planning on saving after feeding it vitamins, except I came across a shiny Frigibax on the way to the tera den...

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • 1. Eelektross with Thunderbolt, Acid Spray, Gastro Acid, and Lunge (unused). Pretty straightforward. Gastro Acid turn 1. Acid Spray as many times as able. Faint. Come back and zap it while Terastallized. Fainted twice in the process (including while Terastallized). Had plenty of time left, relatively speaking.

Blatantly copied this from you and won after a couple of rolls with bad ally mons.

Credits the allied Pokemon for this one. Rolled with Arcanine, Tauros, and Bellibolt both times. Double Intimidate and paralysis (or burn)? Sure.

I was successful on my third attempt when I got Staraptor, Arcanine, and Umbreon as teammates. Without the intimidates, I was getting OHKO'd before I could get off Gastro Acid.

With good luck, this may be doable with the Corviknight build from the H-Decidueye raid. Unfortunately you're not able to get taunt off before the SD, but spamming Iron Defense, healing with Roost, bouncing back the defense drops with Mirror Armor, and hitting +6 Body Press enough times would likely get the job done.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used the following build that I found online:

Bellibolt @ Metronome
    Ability: Electromorphosis
    Tera Type: Electric
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Electric Terrain
    - Acid Spray
    - Parabolic Charge
    - Thunderbolt

I got extremely lucky with my first attempt in that I got two AI partners with Intimidate, but even then there were some hairy moments. I used Acid Spray to start and stuck to Parabolic Charge afterward, both before and after Terastallizing. I didn't need the other moves at all, and with the Metronome it was better to stick to Parabolic Charge anyway. I managed to win my first try- a first for me with 7-star raids.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Forgot to point out one useful thing: the sushi restaurant in Montenevera. Sells an easy Level 2 Raid Power: Water. Amounts to two extra drops.

Crushed this raid with Miraidon. Estimates maybe 66% of the timer left. Cannot recall winning with so much time left in any 7-star raid. Ran with Electro Drift, Parabolic Charge, and Metal Sound.

Some points of interest:
    - Won with Jumpluff. Knew it could do it with the proper team. Presumes Tropius to be possible too.
    - Defeated it with Chesnaught just before the debuff clear at 50% time. Worked really well. (Came close to fainting. Pulled it back.) Used Spiky Shield turn 1. Blocked the first attack and Bulldoze too.
    - The real surprise win: Golduck with Tera: Water. The lynch pin? Simple Beam. Turned every Intimidate into a 2 stage Attack drop. Won despite having a mediocre team (one Intimidate, no Special Defense droppers). Used either 14 or 15 Surfs (out of 15).

Back