• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan

Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan?

• Hitmonlee

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Hitmonlee! It uses its legs and everyone knows leg muscles are stronger than arm muscles.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I always preferred Hitmonchan's moveset just because of all the elemental punches. Design-wise though Hitmontop is the more interesting for myself.

Years
    Alright, well you guys obviously didn't understand exactly who would win in a bout between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, so I depicted an actual fight using my magnificent artistic skills.

Here's what happened. It all ended so fast, with a simple Mach Punch to the upper stomach.

Poor Hitmonlee didn't have a chance. At least this time he played it smart and bet on his contender winning instead of himself. Now he won't have to take up a weekend midnight shift at the poop farms to repay his debts.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I always liked Hitmonchan more.
    Design-wise and also moveset-wise becuase elemental punches are really awesome moves.
    I never actually used anyone beside using Hitmonlee briefly in XD thanks to his Shadow Half.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Hitmonchan kind of has an unfair disadvantage in my books since I've never used one. Still, Hitmonlee's Hi Jump Kick did wonders for me in FireRed one time, and overall I like its design much more.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to go with Hitmonlee, has a more appealing design and better stats to use its moves imo. That and I can use so many nicknames with it due to Lee being so exploitable there lol.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I use to prefer Hitmonchan, until 4th Gen. When that happened, I fell in love with Hitmonlee. A Hitmonlee that knows Sucker Punch, Hi Jump Kick, Stone Edge, and Earthquake is something that should be feared more than any Hitmonchan.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hitmonlee would probably win, but I'm prejudice against it because I don't like it's design, so I picked Hitmonchan regardless!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Hitmonchan most definitely! I can teach it Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch. It is like magic. Hitmonlee is useless, he has no ice or fire or electricity.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hitmonlee. Not for attacks/moveset/whatever, just the fact that it has a really awesome design and I used to group it w/ Taurus back in my Pokemon noob days which means it was awesome to me. :3

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Hitmonchan most definitely! I can teach it Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch. It is like magic. Hitmonlee is useless, he has no ice or fire or electricity.

Actually, Hitmonlee CAN learn elemental attacks. In fact, it learns more powerful moves than chan lol. Lee can learn Blaze Kick, which is way more powerful than Fire Punch; Mega Kick, which is also way more powerful than Mega Punch; and can even learn punching moves like Hitmonchan, who can't even learn any kick moves!

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
    I've always picked Hitmonlee when it came to these two Pokémon. I never had much luck using Hitmonchan. I could never inflict enough damage when I used it in Fire Red.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Most people pick "Hitmonlee" because of his incredible speed and attack but I personally like Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan can take out most of his weaknesses, Flying use Thunder/Ice Punch. So Hitmonchan all the way. Hitmonlee does NOT have the ability to take out flying pokemon with a breeze.

Back