• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ?

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
As a kid, I always picked Hitmonchan because OMG ELEMENTAL PUNCHES!!!

...Then, I grew up and realized that those attacks were special in Gen III, thus, Hitmonchan would be crap at using them, so I started picking Hitmonlee from then on.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Always Hitmonlee.

Hitmonchan has more varied moveset, but Hitmonlee's power is too great to overlook.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hitmonlee. Offense is much better that defense, and in this case that means Himonchan<Hitmonlee

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I usually go with Hitmonchan. Although the elemental punches don't favor his attack stat, they make him more appealing to me. That, and I like his design while I'm not a huge fan of Hitmonlee design-wise.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hitmonlee all the way!! I love how his main way of attacking is kicks. He also has a better attack stat, and since the elemental punches are still considered Special in the 3rd gen, Hitmonchan is not as appealing as it could be!

Years
I actually never actively used either in my main playthroughs - even though it was pretty sweet to be given a Level 25 Pokémon potentially before earning the 4th badge. It's probably a good thing I never did use them, really - I never thought of the fact that the Elemental Punches would've been considered Special attacks back then, and so would've been preeeeeeeeeeeeetty frustrating for them not to've been nearly as effective as they should've been!

Years
Hitmonchan was my usual choice since I liked his design but in the third gen there wasn't yet a physical/special split so his punches weren't the best. Nowadays I go with Hitmonlee - it does the trick a wee bit better in FR/LG.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I really like Hitmonlee to be honest. Hitmonchan has a better move-pool but I always loved the Muay Tai pokemon. I really hope one day he can learn blaze kick in the newer games. But back in my Red and Firered days I loved the heck out of Hitmonchan. Although he was always replaced by Heracross or Primeape lol

Years
I usually go with Hitmonchan since I kinda like it more than Hitmonlee- Not sure what is it about Hitmonlee that I don't like though. Maybe the design? I love elemental punches on Hitmonchan though.

Back