• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HM Slaves and You!

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    The first time I play, I don't use them. I distribute the HM moves among the six members of my team. When I start again, I regularly use a team of five Pokemon and a HM slave.
    Usually, I don't give nicknames to any Pokemon, and HM slaves aren't the exception.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I use to use HM slaves but I stopped once the 4th generation came. I do have a couple of Pokemon that I would never use as an HM slave just for the hell of it such as a Psyduck, a Bibarel of mines and a Tropius.

:t354:TG

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Ah, the usefullness of a Zigzagoon or a Bidoof.
    I do use HM Slaves, a lot in fact. Every time I get ready for a Gym or the E4, I just trade him for my already trained Poké from the PC. It's always good to have an useless little rat thing tagging along with you.
    Yes, I've been using HM Slaves since Pokémon Blue was released. I always called them HM Slaves, too, before I even knew they had a name.
    Funny, though, once I grew rather attached to a Bidoof of mine. I ended up taking him to a move deleter, buying a bunch of TM's for him, and grinding until he was a Bibarel and at a higher level than my other Pokés... haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Yes during the main story i used HM slaves a lot. I had one for cut, rock smash, strength, and rock climb, and then another for surf, dive, whirpool, waterfall. My friends did the same thing too! XD

This is exactly why I went out of my way to catch a Poliwag in Gold: Poliwhirl could learn all three water HMs, and as everyone knows, you need six competent Pokemon to make the final push from New Bark through Kanto to the League.

This tactic got even better in the remakes because Quagsire could actually use its decent Attack stat for Earthquake and Waterfall.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I use HM slaves, though with B/W, I don't see much use of them anymore. In the past, I keep them in my party, seeing that there used to be a bunch of obsticals that need an HM move in order to progress further.

Bibarel & Tropius are my favorite HM slaves.

Back